Beta Patch Notes e1.6.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Has anyone seen a Long Glaive in a game with 1.6? I'm not seeing it being sold anywhere...
They are very rare and cost around 40k I think it was, I still think only spawn in Khuzait towns, I just prefer to get the Rhombolia or however it's spelled, costs a little bit more but much better stats

Recently, six months later, I decided to play Bannerlord again ... What a horror ... After six months of "optimization", my inventory menu, encyclopedia, squad and troops began to load even longer than before! A year ago, on patch 1.3.X, I was loading everything faster than now after a whole year of your "optimization"! As was the inconvenient system of giving orders to the troops, the moronic remained. Changing orders "Face the enemy" and "face in the direction" sound the same, which is why it is difficult to understand how your troops are standing in battle. Allow the players themselves in the settings to choose the order system between the old, closed beta test and "new" orders. Is it really that hard to do ?! The population of half of the cities quickly dies of hunger, despite the fact that the villages are not plundered ... And then there is a new opportunity to destroy the population and buildings of cities ... Cities and castles are dying of hunger without capture and robbery. Workshops and taxes, as they were almost useless, remained, you cannot do without a grind at the forge ... In the captain's mode, everything is boring and monotonous. In the closed beta test, the gameplay was faster, more dynamic and interesting despite the imbalance of the factions, and the factions and units themselves were more diverse and interesting.

Thought I would give 1.6.0 a try now that it has had time to settle in. I thought the new meta was that Battania would be dominant due to the speed increase? Just played them for a couple of hours and they as horrible as ever. I've never liked them because they always felt so weak. I don't find that the forest speed increase makes that much of a difference.

Recently, six months later, I decided to play Bannerlord again ... What a horror ... After six months of "optimization", my inventory menu, encyclopedia, squad and troops began to load even longer than before!
Everything is loading faster for me. I have 32 GB for memory so plenty for both the application to use and the OS to cache. How much memory do you have? I think the game is just a memory hog.

Also I do have SSD.

Everything is loading faster for me. I have 32 GB for memory so plenty for both the application to use and the OS to cache. How much memory do you have? I think the game is just a memory hog.

Also I do have SSD.
Unfortunately, I do not have space on the ssd disk (. On patch 1.5.10, it slowed down even more now, although the problem was partially solved with patch 1.6.0, still the game was faster before. The further the developers optimize the game, the more it has It slows me down, and many people complain about it.

Thought I would give 1.6.0 a try now that it has had time to settle in. I thought the new meta was that Battania would be dominant due to the speed increase? Just played them for a couple of hours and they as horrible as ever. I've never liked them because they always felt so weak. I don't find that the forest speed increase makes that much of a difference.
I confirm what you say. Played as their vassal, without my interferences they are all "babies in the woods".

I've never liked them because they always felt so weak.
That's supposed to be part of the appeal, they're underdogs. By the time of Warband, their culture is totally wiped out. If anything, they should be weaker.

I'm surprised you found them weak before 1.6, because in field battles they have access to insanely powerful Fian machine gunners, and in terms of faction balance in the 1.5.X patches they were generally tied with Khuzaits for "most powerful faction" in testing, due to a number of factors- primarily closely clustered cities that are easy to defend and high cavalry ratio in parties.

That's supposed to be part of the appeal, they're underdogs. By the time of Warband, their culture is totally wiped out. If anything, they should be weaker.
And this is where TW started to be very incoherent - nerfing Khuzaits who 'historically' steamrolled entire east Calradia (known later on as Khergits). Not improving Aserai's potential is another thing worth mentioning, as Sarranids protoplasts emerging from the south.

All in all, there is no reason behind that, at all IMO.

To be clear: it is the bonus that is good. The troops themselves remain absolute garbage with the sole exception of Fians. Create a Battanian character then go off and work for someone else with a decent troop tree (except Fians).

And this is where TW started to be very incoherent - nerfing Khuzaits who 'historically' steamrolled entire east Calradia (known later on as Khergits). Not improving Aserai's potential is another thing worth mentioning, as Sarranids protoplasts emerging from the south.

All in all, there is no reason behind that, at all IMO.
Aserai have been average-to-good since the beginning and held claim to the best horse archers, shock infantry and cavalry (all at the same time too) for months last year so I'm not sure what potential you're looking for. Even now, they have one of the better troop trees.

But Khuzaits got nerfed for reasons that are abundantly clear if you just search "Khuzaits" "snowball" and "horse archers."

Last edited:
Aserai have been average-to-good since the beginning and held claim to the best horse archers, shock infantry and cavalry (all at the same time too) for months last year so I'm not sure what potential you're looking for. Even now, they have one of the better troop trees.

But Khuzaits got nerfed for reasons that are abundantly clear if you just search "Khuzaits" "snowball" and "horse archers."
I can only elaborate based on my own gameplay, but Aserai usually sticks to their peninsula not even thinking to cross the southern sea. Ok, they are occasionally taking over Danustica or Charaz (Sharriz?) but this is rather exceptional. My gameplays are usually approx. 20 Calradian years as I do not have the nerve to the late game state. All I am saying is that AI behind them isn't aggressive enough IMO.

I know why Khuzaits were nerfed. I agree with the reasons, you missed my point. I am just not convinced to say that "Battania was nerfed due to its historical extinction". Based on those reason i dare to say TW does not care about the historical background.

Removed:
  • Fixed a crash that occurred after defeating and attempting to loot "Destroy Raiders" quest parties.
It was incorrectly added to the hotfix notes, sorry about that.

I became Queen of S/Emp its mid game and now i can not marry Family to any one , also Lords dont seem to get new Horses after they lose them in battle .. Also i have to dismantle a party member so i can replace there horse . we need to be able to get to Comp and Family inventory when they have there own Party.

Back
Top Bottom