Beta Patch Notes e1.6.0

Users who are viewing this thread

RIP Steward perk. Personally I think they should have just nerfed crafted weapon xp since the exchange of regular stuff was balanced by xp donation vs loot income. I had fun never touching looters again.

I just don’t understand why some versions runs smoothly in my PC and others don't, the 1.5.9 simply doesn't run, the lag was horrible in world map, I skip the 1.5.10 and tried the 1.6.0, the map was a little better but still lags, but when I load the inventory first I saw my character eyes, like a skull, then it takes about two seconds to load all the body and the armor, the inventory items took about five or more to load, in battle map first appears half of my party then, in one or two seconds, the rest . Then I rolled to 1.5.8, with Calardia expanded map, who is bigger and should give more problems but don't, the map movement looks like butter, every menus loads in a second, the battlefield with a full army in high settings are OK to. I don't understand why it's happening.
Same for me. The scary eyes come up first... I was thinking that my CPU is getting old or something, but now I'm sort of happy that I am not the only one having this problem..

[...]

Multiplayer​

Crashes
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when joining a server.
NPqRm.jpg

Are the servers up and running? :iamamoron:

Same for me. The scary eyes come up first... I was thinking that my CPU is getting old or something, but now I'm sort of happy that I am not the only one having this problem..
You guys are absolutely not alone.

My experience with Bannerlord started out quite pleasing from the first patches in April (and previously running fine in the closed alpha- beta builds) to the lousy performance I have in 1.6.0.

For me since they introduced this in the options the performance changed for the worse in my experience.

O6sKj.jpg

This screenshot was taken in september 2020 running iirc e.1.5.1 and with 1000 agents on screen I got those decent fps for the rig I have (i7 2600k +8GB +1060gtx 6GB + W10 + HDD).

GoodJob.jpg

I even personally conveyed my congratulations to the dev team back then.

To this day in 1.6.0 I have slow loads (yes an SDD improves, however other games run infinitely better with my rig- Bannerlord is a rare one) memory leaks and much worse performance than in the initial versions.

The patches are very weird and as I have said many times in my videos, Bannerlord seems to effect hardware/software very differently. When taking my 2 separate systems into account my older I-5 4th gen gtx 660 in 1.5.7 was great but performance is worse in 1.6 then when I look at my i5-9th gen gtx 1660 system 1.5.7 was pretty good but now 1.6 is amazing so 2 different systems and 1 got wore and 1 got better. I stick to my guns that hard/software plays a major role in performance, not the obvious oh yeah that system is better but that each version reacts differently to them.

The item donation for XP nerf is too extreme... as it was already pointed out, given how bad workshops are and how useless fief income is(barely covers for garrison costs), you end up depending on loot sales for money, so the balance was kinda already there, you had to choose between selling stuff or upgrading troops.

Maybe the XP gain was too great yeah, but going to the other extreme is not the answer I don't think... from super OP useful to almost completely useless...

I think the perk is weaker than intended, because it appears it's not giving XP when offering multiples of the same item. Once that is fixed, I'm sure it'll still offer plenty of XP when you're inundated with Armwraps and Wood Hammers.

The item donation for XP nerf is too extreme... as it was already pointed out, given how bad workshops are and how useless fief income is(barely covers for garrison costs), you end up depending on loot sales for money, so the balance was kinda already there, you had to choose between selling stuff or upgrading troops.

Maybe the XP gain was too great yeah, but going to the other extreme is not the answer I don't think... from super OP useful to almost completely useless...
that is what companies do, they never understand what a nerf/balance is, making a massive change to destroy something is a nerf, slightly changing to try and find the right amount slowly to get it right is a balance. I can never understand why they never alter it slower, and just go from one extreme to another

Cmon… getting money in this game is pretty easy and you can easily get 300-400 from workshops if choosing good places. Plus towns also give a pretty good profit if have decent prosperity.

Only caravans and currently underpowered IMO.

NPqRm.jpg

Are the servers up and running? :iamamoron:

You guys are absolutely not alone.

My experience with Bannerlord started out quite pleasing from the first patches in April (and previously running fine in the closed alpha- beta builds) to the lousy performance I have in 1.6.0.

For me since they introduced this in the options the performance changed for the worse in my experience.

O6sKj.jpg

This screenshot was taken in september 2020 running iirc e.1.5.1 and with 1000 agents on screen I got those decent fps for the rig I have (i7 2600k +8GB +1060gtx 6GB + W10 + HDD).

GoodJob.jpg

I even personally conveyed my congratulations to the dev team back then.

To this day in 1.6.0 I have slow loads (yes an SDD improves, however other games run infinitely better with my rig- Bannerlord is a rare one) memory leaks and much worse performance than in the initial versions.
I noticed that the game loads faster in the beginning, when we start the game, in version 1.6.0, this means that it loads less stuff into memory, so, later it will have to resort to the hard drive often , that's notable for the noise it makes. In other words, they still haven't managed to optimize the memory and its use.

Cmon… getting money in this game is pretty easy and you can easily get 300-400 from workshops if choosing good places. Plus towns also give a pretty good profit if have decent prosperity.

Only caravans and currently underpowered IMO.
Can you elaborate on a good place? I've had a workshops in cities whom had it's ressources abundant like brewery with 2 villages providing wheat. Also tried making a brewery with no wheat villages (which resulted many times worse income). That is just one example but my most successful workshops average 160.

Can you elaborate on a good place? I've had a workshops in cities whom had it's ressources abundant like brewery with 2 villages providing wheat. Also tried making a brewery with no wheat villages (which resulted many times worse income). That is just one example but my most successful workshops average 160.
Look up YouTube videos for the best workshop in the patch you are playing because there are some changes.

I'm really struggling to run a fresh start campaign without a crash after 10 minutes playing, so bad that it's booting up my rig, which is fairly decent( Ryzen 7 3800X/RX 5700 XT/16GB/SSD).
It's the first time that I can say the game is unplayable to me due to this issue. Unfortunately the hotfix didn't help.

I have been doing this every patch since 1.5.7, also before bad comments, there are timestamps to get the info fast

I have been doing this every patch since 1.5.7, also before bad comments, there are timestamps to get the info fast

It's pretty much identical to what I've been doing. Simply setting shops in towns corresponding to their village ressources but it still result in 160 average gold with the exception of wool workshops whom is in the 300+ range at all time for whatever reason.

So can we stop pretending being geniuses god gamers and just say as it is? Wool workshops are out of the line there's nothing more to it.

I found a new bug.

If use the CTRL key to discard all at once, the experience points will not be calculated correctly.
Also, even if put multiple items, experience points will only be counted one item.

It's pretty much identical to what I've been doing. Simply setting shops in towns corresponding to their village ressources but it still result in 160 average gold with the exception of wool workshops whom is in the 300+ range at all time for whatever reason.

So can we stop pretending being geniuses god gamers and just say as it is? Wool workshops are out of the line there's nothing more to it.
close but wrong, I test every shop in every town in the game multiple times since I give my data to Taleworlds so they can adjust some of these to make them better. That is why wood shops and smithy are a little better than they were so can we stop pretending we know everything and let them fix what is broken, since I could tell you 20 or 30 shops not wool weavery that make over 200 a day. Please get your facts straight

Back
Top Bottom