Beta Patch Notes e1.6.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Pro gamer move for all the people complaining about how difficult it is to recruit lords.
-Support rebellions (Make sure rebels turn into clans) wait for them to join a kingdom then recruit them immediately for no less than 200k, I had one for 65k. Problem solved and you have a clan that you can mould to boot (marry off siblings/clan members to)

Of course it's expensive to recruit lords with a town or two, are you guys nuts?

It is even easier if you start playing as vassal.

- Join a kingdom as vassal
- Help this kingdom to wreck another one and be sure that you get good settlements (2 towns and one castle or so)
- Build relationship with enemy kingdom’s clans when when freeing captured lords
- Raise your settlements’ garrisons as much as possible.
- Make an army with your 4 clan parties at 100%
- Wait for your current kingdom fighting one or two wars
- Disband your army
- Declare Independence while keeping your fiefs
- Raise your army again
- Recruit fiefless clans you have conquered their fiefs when playing as vassals

The only problem here is that people would like to become king at day 100 and complain if it is hard. Just build your way to be king during 500-600 days and it will be extremely easy to achieve.

We're working on the AI combat-related issues as can be seen in the last two patches.
as it now shock-troops such as Line Breakers run ahead of the formation to meet their doom by arrows and bolts. They died out as a class in my army i don't even bother to bolster their numbers because their usefulness is very low in the field. They have their use in sieges, but that's not a reason enough to keep them, because my other units are doing just fine in all possible scenarios.
What has been fixed in 1.5.10 is now returned in 1.6.0. And that a damn shame because if Line Breakers stay in formation they are really damn good killers.

as it now shock-troops such as Line Breakers run ahead of the formation to meet their doom by arrows and bolts. They died out as a class in my army i don't even bother to bolster their numbers because their usefulness is very low in the field. They have their use in sieges, but that's not a reason enough to keep them, because my other units are doing just fine in all possible scenarios.
What has been fixed in 1.5.10 is now returned in 1.6.0. And that a damn shame because if Line Breakers stay in formation they are really damn good killers.
One more reason for more categories to be created. Identifying shock troops as shock troops allows for greater control in battle and you can "release" them when you see fit. (Until then... You can do this manually and use an empty slot.)

Using the Skirmisher category (already in the game) to identify throwing troops with guerrilla behavior and adding others like Shock Infantry, Pike Infantry and Bodyguards are my suggestions. Unit categories are important and allow developers to work on unit behavior in battle more accurately.

Infantry = They already have the proper designation in the game.
Heavy Infantry = Already inserted in the game, but not used. They should behave like a more cohesive and disciplined infantry.
Ranged = They already have the proper designation in the game.
Skirmisher = Already inserted in the game, but behave like infantry. They should behave like guerrillas and also seek to flank in melee combat.
Cavalry = They already have the proper designation in the game.
Light Cavalry = I suggest changing to Mounted Skirmisher and behaving like the horse archers.
Heavy Cavalry = I suggest behaving like a Shock Cavalry, avoiding the common cavalry flanking.
Horse Archer = They already have the proper designation in the game, I only suggest changing to Ranged Cavalry.
Pike Infantry = The only type of infantry capable of using the Spear Brace mechanics.
Shock Infantry = Units that attack brutally and without fear.
Bodyguards = Units focused on the lord's protection.

Last edited:
suggestions.
the obvious flaw is certain kingdoms do not have this or that type of troops.
The idea of bodyguards is also a so-so idea because these are simply not needed at all. In certain situations, bodyguards will only make things harder to do, to put it simply they would get in the way.

the obvious flaw is certain kingdoms do not have this or that type of troops.
The idea of bodyguards is also a so-so idea because these are simply not needed at all. In certain situations, bodyguards will only make things harder to do, to put it simply they would get in the way.
It is an OPTION category to be used and not a unit to be created. The player could, for example, place companions in the bodyguard category and have direct control over them. For me it's very useful.

You can already do this.
Yes, but you use an inappropriate slot. My suggestion is also a way to improve the behavior of units in battle by category.

Again:

Heavy Infantry = Already inserted in the game, but not used. They should behave like a more cohesive and disciplined infantry.
Skirmisher = Already inserted in the game, but behave like infantry. They should behave like guerrillas and also seek to flank in melee combat.
Light Cavalry = I suggest changing to Mounted Skirmisher and behaving like the horse archers.
Heavy Cavalry = I suggest behaving like a Shock Cavalry, avoiding the common cavalry flanking.
Horse Archer = They already have the proper designation in the game, I only suggest changing to Ranged Cavalry.
Pike Infantry = The only type of infantry capable of using the Spear Brace mechanics.

Would it be possible?

Yes, but you use an inappropriate slot. My suggestion is also a way to improve the behavior of units in battle by category.

Again:

Would it be possible?
giphy.gif

Very interesting, behaviour adapted to role-function. I like it because I'm not afraid of micromanagement, but please let me modify it to fit the keybinds.

(1) Infantry = They already have the proper designation in the game.
(2) Heavy Infantry = Already inserted in the game, but not used. They should behave like a more cohesive and disciplined infantry.
(3) Ranged = They already have the proper designation in the game.
(4) Skirmisher = Already inserted in the game, but behave like infantry. They should behave like guerrillas and also seek to flank in melee combat.
(5) Light Cavalry = I suggest changing to Mounted Skirmisher and behaving like the horse archers. The Ai group behaviour shall not decide to charge until all missiles have been launched.
(6) Heavy Cavalry = I suggest behaving like a Shock Cavalry, avoiding the common cavalry flanking.
(7) Horse Archer = They already have the proper designation in the game, I only suggest changing to Ranged Cavalry. The Ai group behaviour shall not decide to charge until all missiles have been launched.
(8.) Pike Infantry = The only type of infantry capable of using the Spear Brace mechanics.
(9) Shock Infantry = Units that attack brutally and without fear fast and with low morale drop penalty.
(0) Bodyguards = Units focused on the lord's protection.
(') Select All

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Very interesting, behaviour adapted to role-function. I like it because I'm not afraid of micromanagement, but please let me modify it to fit the keybinds.

(2) Heavy Infantry = Already inserted in the game, but not used. They should behave like a more cohesive and disciplined infantry.
(4) Skirmisher = Already inserted in the game, but behave like infantry. They should behave like guerrillas and also seek to flank in melee combat.
(5) Light Cavalry = I suggest changing to Mounted Skirmisher and behaving like the horse archers. The Ai group behaviour shall not decide to charge until all missiles have been launched.
(6) Heavy Cavalry = I suggest behaving like a Shock Cavalry, avoiding the common cavalry flanking.
(7) Horse Archer = They already have the proper designation in the game, I only suggest changing to Ranged Cavalry. The Ai group behaviour shall not decide to charge until all missiles have been launched.
(8.) Pike Infantry = The only type of infantry capable of using the Spear Brace mechanics.
(9) Shock Infantry = Units that attack brutally and without fear fast and with low morale drop penalty.
(') Select All

This allows a range of options for the player. If I want to put a certain unit in a category, it will adapt to that category's function.
I liked the changes. Light cavalry, if not equipped with thrown weapons, will engage in melee combat normally.

Definitive suggestion:

(5) Light Cavalry = Already inserted in the game, but not used. Should behave like Mounted Skirmishers. (The Ai group behaviour shall not decide to charge until all missiles have been launched).
(6) Heavy Cavalry = I suggest behaving like a Shock Cavalry.
(7) Horse Archer = They already have the proper designation in the game, I only suggest changing to Ranged Cavalry. (The Ai group behaviour shall not decide to charge until all missiles have been launched).
(9) Shock Infantry = Units that attack fast and with low morale drop penalty.
(') Select All

Last edited:
This allows a range of options for the player. If I want to put a certain unit in a category, it will adapt to that category's function, no matter what your equipment is. I liked the changes. Light cavalry, if not equipped with thrown weapons, will engage in melee combat normally.
I just want pikemen to use pikes and make a pike formation that can engage infantry with plikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just want pikemen to use pikes and make a pike formation that can engage infantry with plikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah.. And asking for such a thing sounds very ridiculous. Unfortunately it's the state our beloved game is in.

See, if the category is applied, it would force them to behave differently from the other infantry types.

This allows a range of options for the player. If I want to put a certain unit in a category, it will adapt to that category's function.
I liked the changes. Light cavalry, if not equipped with thrown weapons, will engage in melee combat normally.

Definitive suggestion:

(5) Light Cavalry = I suggest changing to Mounted Skirmisher and behaving like the horse archers. (The Ai group behaviour shall not decide to charge until all missiles have been launched).
(6) Heavy Cavalry = I suggest behaving like a Shock Cavalry.
(7) Horse Archer = They already have the proper designation in the game, I only suggest changing to Ranged Cavalry. (The Ai group behaviour shall not decide to charge until all missiles have been launched).
(9) Shock Infantry = Units that attack fast and with low morale drop penalty.
(') Select All
Well, whether this is feasible and within Taleworlds' design plans is another matter altogether. :iamamoron: ?

Well, whether this is feasible and within Taleworlds' design plans is another matter altogether. :iamamoron: ?

I made a small edit. But that's it... I think it's an excellent way to assign the functions of the units. And make them behave in different ways.

Another example:

If I select an archer and put him in the infantry category, he would automatically switch to melee mode and advance with the others...
A knight in the pike category and he would dismount and could use the spear in Spear Brace mode...

Do you think it's valid to create a separate topic?

Back
Top Bottom