Beta Patch Notes e1.6.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Siege issue! The defensive catapults are way more accurate now, and the attacking AI usually builds only 1 battering ram, or 1 ram and 1 siege tower. They both get destroyed really easily, and troops don't attack gate. This leads in way more losses than there should be for the attacking side.

Suggestion: Force AI to at least build all siege engines always (towers and ram, and maybe one attack siege engine like a catapult as well before starting the attack). Also an increase in HP for the ram/towers might be useful now that mangonels mean serious business, they get destroyed really easily. But the best thing would be a siege rework, in which everything is built in reserve and the attacking AI can also build offensive siege engines without them being destroyed on the campaign map. Otherwise attacking AI will never have catapults and that's a waste, and mangonels need a counter.

Last edited:
Maybe a bit more of an unorthodox question: Why was the unlock all crafting recipes console command removed ? The smithing system is infuriating atm and I like to make my own weapons, dont really want to sit around for 2 hours to get the part I want for my weapon.

Lords run to foreign factions and recruit troops there. Noticed this in 1.6.0. Is this normal at all?
The player might have an army of every nation, so fitting for ai lords. Perhaps this could be limited by traits. Some lords might be chauvinists and disdain troops not of their culture, while a pragmatic lord gets his men anywhere, while most lords prefer their culture or their fief (which often will not be of their culture later in the game), but recruit troops of other cultures if pressed by need.

Getting on to trying campaign 1.6, brother is back to being very useful but no longer flat out the best npc you'll ever have. You can choose his perks still in the tutorial, but he doesn't have unallotted FP and attributes like he did in 1.5.10.

If any one has brother that did have unallotted fp and attributes(in 1.6) I'd be interested to know. This was really useful but obviously over powered too, as he basically got all his default skills and FP for "free" getting him effectively, free skills, double FP and custom attributes!

It's gonna take awhile to get used to battanian brother, but he's really a good reason to pick campaign over sandbox still.

I tried my INT build earlier but I feel Medicine still needs an alternative way to raise it, troops going down all the time.... it's just not how play I have to go too far out of my way to gain and medicine! Think I stick with my cunning build for now.

You don't have to do the tutorial anymore to choose his skills. They must of just changed it

Maybe a bit more of an unorthodox question: Why was the unlock all crafting recipes console command removed ? The smithing system is infuriating atm and I like to make my own weapons, dont really want to sit around for 2 hours to get the part I want for my weapon.
Tell me about, the lack of a long glaive has driven me to forge for the first time in months to pursue swingable pole arm!

It sucks. I hope it doesn't start showing up as tournament rewards :sad:

You don't have to do the tutorial anymore to choose his skills. They must of just changed it
That's a good change for sure! I notice the younger siblings both have better stats pretty comparable the MC's starting spread now! That's super good too!

Caravan Ambush
Yep was a quest. Out of nowhere a huge pack of cavalry and horse archer looters just swarm us. Thank god I had plenty of crossbowmen. Just circle up and let loose. I never saw them again outside that quest. Which sucks. They need to be out there like the normal looter. We need to fear crossing bandits, even when we get an army going. We need more variety of looters and larger groups of them. Would be even great to have not hideouts but also an actual fortified camp of looters we need to besiege to take out. They would appear around the map like the hideouts and they would use the level 1 wall Vlandian architecture. Wooden walls and tents inside. Just would really help make them worth pursuing and fearing. Especially later on in game. Looters (even Forest Bandits) become a joke.

I just love the IronMan it makes the game play more like WB no more save spam as i could but now you have to think shall i join the battle ..with that and the new smith 2 nice parts thats been added and as i play i am sure i will see more.

You say that like this isn't a game we waited 8 years and about 5 delayed releases for.

Not buying EA was never a realistic option for long time fans of the series, it would be the equivalent of telling Game of thrones fans to not watch season 8 because the writers rushed it. We were always going to buy Bannerlord and TW's knew that, just like GOT writers knew everyone would watch S8.
Your comparison.... OK. But damn I was a GOT fan because I randomly buyed the first book and soaked it up. I was reading the eights book when the series on TV began. Never watched it though since at that time I had my own fantasy how the characters and the world have to look like in GOT. Boy the so called "fans" the TV series created were a hassle, some of them at least. Just be smart "fan". That EA here is my first(never played a mount and blade before) and it teached me one lesson, never buy a ea title again. Sure it's fun with all the forum people and the devs but when this game is finished and gets out of ea, I'm also finished with it, since I saw every stone in this game xx times. So I will wait for BG3 for example.

I disagree with the emissary nerf reducing player satisfaction. I think it was just too overpowered before so the nerf is welcomed in my book.

About the quests I agree there seems to be some issues... some quests just never pop up. It seems that lords mostly want horses still, so I always get this quest. I really miss quest variety... I don't know about the official campaign (I remember patches ago I could find a good variety of quests), but in sandbox mode lords want horses very often and not much of anything else it feels like.
Quest have a frequency tag in the code, "very common", "common" and "rare". Second, there are a lot of quests without triggers like "landlord need tools/grain/animals". Those appear very often. So you guessed it there are quest with triggers, like lord needs tutor for his son/daughter. for example their age must lay between 18 and 23. Is the son/daughter over 23, the quest will not appear again until the lord gets a newborn with a speed rise to adulthood.

Quest have a frequency tag in the code, "very common", "common" and "rare". Second, there are a lot of quests without triggers like "landlord need tools/grain/animals". Those appear very often. So you guessed it there are quest with triggers, like lord needs tutor for his son/daughter. for example their age must lay between 18 and 23. Is the son/daughter over 23, the quest will not appear again until the lord gets a newborn with a speed rise to adulthood.
ah I see... then what we need is more common quests for lords. They need horses way too often in comparison to anything else. I still think it pops up too commonly and might be a bug but I don't know

Tell me about, the lack of a long glaive has driven me to forge for the first time in months to pursue swingable pole arm!

My tier 3 guy with 30 Smithing crafted this little glaive

xtvG8.png

Smith working as intended.

The price on Javelins have dropped so I can buy them and use for clearing hideouts and now wielding a Warrazor I can afford to miss the boss with a javelin just so I can test my polearm ?

Speaking of quests: has anyone tried the new ones: Noble's Revolt and Conquer of a City? When do they trigger and what do we have to do in those quests?

That's a good change for sure! I notice the younger siblings both have better stats pretty comparable the MC's starting spread now! That's super good too!

that weapon is hilarious, gave me a good laugh

I also hope crafted weapons don't show up in tournament rewards or markets anymore. I am not a fan of seeing generic named weapons "crafted two-handed sword" everywhere. Maybe some random name generator for weapons would at least make that a little bit better

Back
Top Bottom