Beta Patch Notes e1.6.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Right now we have no idea if it is paid or not. DLCs don't have to get a price tag. It could also be just a free Content bit or they used the elephant as a way to test their DLC creation process and see if the access options for later real content packs work. I personaly don't think that this is going to be a real paid DLC simply because of the size. If they want to sell it not in the context of a expansion at all I would expect some larger "item packs" with many other new horse models and armours or whatever. But even this seems rather unlikely for me.

Oh come on. Don't try to make sense of things. It's more more flair in blow up the unknown in a dramatic way just for an excuse to throw **** TW's way. :shifty:

Still waiting for battle banners to be put in BANNERlord...I guess in 1 year we'll have them, no maybe 2 years?

Well done on the new armour pieces though. it's about the only thing that's constantly decent with these new patches.

Another patch, and still no word of lord death being enabled in AI vs AI battles. Having it only enabled in player battles is just objectively bad game design. It ultimately ruins every lengthy campaign.

Due to outstanding issues with e1.5.10, we have decided to not move it to the live branch just yet. However, we wanted to go ahead and share the new content in e1.6.0 with you all and collect your feedback nevertheless. The live branch will be updated as soon as the issues with e1.5.10 have been resolved. Thank you for your understanding!

Outstanding issues is nothing new with TW.

Disappointed.

Why? Expectations. Look, I do really understand what Early Access is. Kerbal Space Program was 4 years in early access and it didn't bother me. Why? Because there was no release date. The community of that game understood that there were many things that needed to happen before that game could be released. But when you say that this game (Bannerlord) is going to be released in Q4 2021, you are setting up some expectations. How is Bannerlord going to be finished in a few months time if the patches we get are like this one? I do believe miracles exist, but... seems unlikely. Wouldn't it be better, TaleWorlds, to just have said: We will release this game when ready.? I don't want to think too much ahead of time but releasing an unfinished product into the marked is not toreable and the blacklash will be monumental.

Disappointed.

Why? Expectations. Look, I do really understand what Early Access is. Kerbal Space Program was 4 years in early access and it didn't bother me. Why? Because there was no release date. The community of that game understood that there were many things that needed to happen before that game could be released. But when you say that this game (Bannerlord) is going to be released in Q4 2021, you are setting up some expectations. How is Bannerlord going to be finished in a few months time if the patches we get are like this one? I do believe miracles exist, but... seems unlikely. Wouldn't it be better, TaleWorlds, to just have said: We will release this game when ready.? I don't want to think too much ahead of time but releasing an unfinished product into the marked is not toreable and the blacklash will be monumental.
Keep battles and battle maps, which will add something to the game is all I expect we will get. Keep battles will likely give the player no command of his troops and be a clipping fest. The rest of the game is so bland it cannot be played without mods for very long. But TWs is convinced they are producing a master piece. Without substantive content in diplomacy and other areas this is a 45$ template for modders.

Last edited:
Oh boy I'm getting some cursed item icons!

I don't know what the yellow thing is supposed to be representing my MC, but look at that deformed babyface thing that's the ragged gambeson!

What is it? This is some berserk hellraiser stuff! I can't even find that item in my inventory, I have several tattered ragged gambeson but none just called ragged gambeson.

Oh boy I'm getting some cursed item icons!

I don't know what the yellow thing is supposed to be representing my MC, but look at that deformed babyface thing that's the ragged gambeson!

What is it? This is some berserk hellraiser stuff! I can't even find that item in my inventory, I have several tattered ragged gambeson but none just called ragged gambeson.

What is this? Humpty dumpty?

@Bannerman Man I'm happy you're enjoying the patch :xf-smile: "-" for villages for when sorted by prosperity is going to be fixed. I'll bring up "adding hearths as a sort category to settlements encyclopedia list" internally and it's easily doable.
ah, you changed your name! I was looking for your name but couldn't remember how to spell it. Now I'll remember it as Mr. Ray/Manta Ray, easy to remember. Just wanted to say that I love your work, thank you for improving the recruitment of the troops and other nice UI changes. Love it, makes a huge difference.

Also I strongly agree with people praising the performance this patch, it's stellar. Finally no more horrible lag, game is actually playable. ?

Finally a smithing overhaul i like it
Javelins will no longer bring you a fortune but other stuff is still a bit too overpriced (two-handers) but all in all, this is great!

Wonder if the skill in combination with material rarity/cost + unlike chance to create a masterpiece (~ 2 - 5% from e.g. Legendary Smith) can be applied so all in all there is a slight chance for very rare, expensive, finest arms to be created rather than spamming excaliburs out of garbage. Hope so.

Back
Top Bottom