Beta Patch Notes e1.6.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Bravo to the devs, thanks for listening to the modders' concerns.

^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^

The sooner the mod teams get what they need is less time we have to wait for the game we want.

Bretwalda has an alpha scheduled for late this year and that won't happen if they don't get the right tools and the battle terrain system.

I just tried the patch for an hour and performance improvements are impressive. I'm using a lot of settings higher than before on my potato laptop and it is working smoothly. Menu lag is almost completely gone for me and item images loading doesn't cause fps drop anymore. Also, when i enter a fight my first swings would cause some drops but that is gone too. Probably that new animation setting affecting cpu has a role in it too because I did the benchmark and down spikes are all about cpu fps.
I know right? Very good performance improvements. I still prefer to play on the lowest graphics though, it has a certain charm. My PC is good but not good enough to run everything on highest graphics with perfect FPS, so I just take the maximum FPS possible approach because the game looks better to me on lowest graphics than medium graphics for some reason... maybe there are some settings I'm F-ing up when trying to get medium graphics on... but I'm also too lazy to find the sweet spot so yeah, given the fact that the game looks 10x better than warband while its on the lowest graphics I'll take it.

@Dejan I will pay you $200 cash money right now for some War Elephants! Do not let these cranky people dissuade you, this is fine lol.

On a more serious note I like a lot of the optimizations and additions. Sieges seem to be a slow roll, but at least it is moving. Smithing changes and Cultrual bonuses? Yes please. More quests, UX QOL, more troop exp? Yes please.

Keep up the good work dev team, but uh, give me my siege engine cursors please?

Hmmm so far the saving takes an abnormally long time on ironman and is often. I haven't tried non-ironman so I don't if it's all saving or just the ironman save.

Anyone else think it saves too slow in iron man? Trying to decide if it should be reported.

Last edited:

Hmmm so far the saving takes an abnormally long time on ironman and is often. I haven't tried non-ironman so I don't if it's all saving or just the ironman save.

Anyone else think it saves too slow in iron man? Trying to decide if it should be reported.

I'll be honest at first I was thinking the same thing but i think its about the same time as the old autosave. Now we have the entire screen blacked out with saving in the middle because i think a lot of people werent realizing that the game was just autosaving at some points and "freezing". Now with this you know why its freezing.

Duel mode is finally here. Nice! Now I can do my Three Kingdoms-esque mounted duels (once server's up of course). Also a lot of good fixes and it sounds like gang lifestyle gets more support. The modding changes are good news too.

I'll be honest at first I was thinking the same thing but i think its about the same time as the old autosave. Now we have the entire screen blacked out with saving in the middle because i think a lot of people werent realizing that the game was just autosaving at some points and "freezing". Now with this you know why its freezing.
Good point, I turn auto save to every hour so I don't notice it so much. Here's comparison (they're videos)
Non-Ironman 1.6

Ironman 1.6

It's pretty obnoxious IMO

Oh wow many thanks for your very detailed answer !

I still think that the Khuzait bonus regarding horse production is valuable, especially for war horses.
When you keep referring to money as not that important for experienced players, do you put into account the smithing glitch or not ?
I've never done that glitch for the record, and still think that money is a very important variable on my playthrough.
Don't get too excited, it is about 1.5 horses per week, at most. You can maybe combine it with governor perks on a Khuzait companion to get up to 2, depending on how they stack but it isn't anything close enough to make those villages more militarily valuable. You're still going to need to hit up towns and horse villages in a rotation to keep enough warhorses in your inventory for replacements/upgrades.

The money thing is because loot from battles is worth a lot more than fief income and it is far more easily scaled -- need money, go beat up lords.

• Changed the difficulty setting which reduces damage to allies to now only affect the player's own party. Friendly agents outside of the player party will no longer receive a damage reduction.
But why?

We need a better system than the current respawn of reinforcements, this is the one reason for me using the damage reduction.

I save before greater battles and often have to replay the battle because Allies walk into a death trap, that exist due to the enemy respawn often being behind them or some exposed flank and sometimes even on top of them. I have battles I gave up on and just simulated the battle.

Do you guys have any idea how bad the AI open field battles are with the respawns? Not only do I lose all my Allies but from an immersion point of view for a fanatic terrain and tactics reader, its heart breaking.

Sincerly
His Majesty and Ruler of all Calradia and all the lands beyond and the protector of his people and all their fine butter.

Taxes may apply.

So you want the guys that do gfx and sound to fix the code or what?
Ah, I see you're unfamiliar with stevehoos. Yes, he does want that, unironically. And you'll remember it if you stick around because he likes to reword the same post fifty times, then sprinkle them in various threads.
If they were going to just get rid of Khuzait speed bonus why did they have Mexico spend months fixing snowballing?

I'm really interested in seeing if they're going to have to revert snowballing changes now that they got rid of super speed for Khuzait.
I don't really think that there is a realistic workaround for it, the speed bonus is such a massive advantage..
The Khuzait speed wasn't in their faction bonus. It was from having a lopsided cav ratio compared to every other faction.

But don't you worry: Battania retains a relatively high cav ratio and a more powerful faction speed bonus.

Honestly, I am happy with alot of the changes and improvements in this patch.

Its the potential elephant DLC that has got me worried. Game is unfinished and paid DLC is already on the table
Right now we have no idea if it is paid or not. DLCs don't have to get a price tag. It could also be just a free Content bit or they used the elephant as a way to test their DLC creation process and see if the access options for later real content packs work. I personaly don't think that this is going to be a real paid DLC simply because of the size. If they want to sell it not in the context of a expansion at all I would expect some larger "item packs" with many other new horse models and armours or whatever. But even this seems rather unlikely for me.

Last edited:
Just want to say, the performance improvements from this patch have been huge for me. I play this game on a pretty old below-spec laptop, and the previous couple of patches have had some stuttering issues, but 1.6.0 has brought the smoothest experience for me to date across the board (y)(y)

@MRay Very nice work on the UI changes too! I have a minor nitpick and a small suggestion. My nitpick is that when you sort settlements by prosperity, the villages display 0, which is different than the dash mark they display for all other variables that they don't use. I know it's pretty insignificant, but I figured I'd just bring it up for the sake of uniformity.
gMpjQ.png
VS.
OULso.png

And my suggestion is to add Hearths to the "Sort By" dropdown menu as well. Unless I've missed something, there is no way that I can see to list the villages in order by hearths, and it's nice info to have.
eSo7Z.png

Back
Top Bottom