Beta Patch Notes e1.6.0

Users who are viewing this thread

If they were going to just get rid of Khuzait speed bonus why did they have Mexico spend months fixing snowballing?

I'm really interested in seeing if they're going to have to revert snowballing changes now that they got rid of super speed for Khuzait.
Actually most important reason of Khuzait snowballing is not speed bonus of Khuzait its because Khuzait has higher cavalry ratio (because their troop tree is full of cavalry units) so Khuzait parties already faster than others (100% cav ratio brings 40% speed advantage, 50% cav ratio brings 20% and so on) Speed bonus was something minor compared to speed advantage they get from high cavalry ratio. And this is still in game.

In addition snowballing problem was not only related to Khuzaits. It was a problem caused by result of too many different problems. Before version 1.4s some factions were always getting powerfull year by year while some was opposite. There were no ups and downs for a particular faction. A faction was always growing or losing more lands. This is changed after fixes.

Anyway all work done there was needed so nothing lost with change of culture bonuses.

Last edited:
If you need to get your house painted. Do you hire a painter, or a plumber? How about if you need to get your car fixed. Do you take it to a mechanic, or a hot dog vendor? A game studio have different departments working on different things.
It would be more like you've already payed a construction company to build your house from scratch, they promised it'd have been ready in 6 months and after two years you just have the foundation and one of the two floors - the construction company calls and ask you if you'd like to pay extra to have a mahogany arch built in your second floor bedroom which hasn't even been built yet.

I'm glad to found Bannerlord the day at it's early access release, so I'm not feeling the suffering of old timers.

At the stand point of a new comer, I'm happy to the phase of the development.

It would be more like you've already payed a construction company to build your house from scratch, they promised it'd have been ready in 6 months and after two years you just have the foundation and one of the two floors - the construction company calls and ask you if you'd like to pay extra to have a mahogany arch built in your second floor bedroom which hasn't even been built yet.
And where is the source of the set release date?

I think this is a decent patch. Probably not sizeable enough to earn the moniker of 1.6.0 but a lot of solid changes that improve the core experience. Working on DLC during early access is poor optics but it's probably common practice in the industry. People designing the elephant model were not working on the siege AI but I assume they could be working on new armor pieces and new scenes.

However, there is something else to address. There are clearly some users here who are fed up with TaleWorlds and their development practices. That's an understandable position. But maybe don't dedicate so much of your free time to following this forum, to the point of participating in every thread and being one of the first people to comment. Most of these comments can be boiled down to "all patches bad, this game bad, TaleWorlds bad". Their goal seems to be to convince as many people as possible that this game is hopeless and it's destined to be a failure. Seems like a very negative mindset that has no benefit to anyone including the players and the devs.

My goal is not to "convince as many people as possible that this game is hopeless and it's destined to be a failure". Warband is my favorite game of all time. There is no benefit to me sinking the Bannerlord ship. My goal (and likely most others you're thinking of) is to convince TW to pull their heads out of their asses and steer the Bannerlord ship away from the iceberg it's headed towards. Being that a year of nice polite suggestions didn't do the job, more oomph in what we're saying is clearly needed.

As I already said before, this is another patch and another month of not fixing the game's core issues. Another patch and another month of not adding anything to bring me back to the game. This is a big problem for a game that's supposed to have extreme longevity.

Added Duel mode

I like the new approach that you release a preview eventhough the patch isn't released just yet.
Also great that duel is finally a thing.

- But I am suprised that there is no first to 7 option.

I was hoping for more balance changes when it comes to Skirmish. Heavy inf is still in a bad spot. Let's see if the nerf to nukes in 1.5.10 is enough.

Last edited:
Can you guys add support for custom loadout in Custom Battle for the playable charater? They're all pretty bad and don't necessarily play with my playstyles. I want to be the faction I'm commading but the playable characters of those factions have bad loadouts and it makes it difficult to enjoy Custom Battle. Let me choose the 4 weapon slots. Let me decide if I want a sword and shield or just a bow and 3 quivers of arrows.
After all its called Custom Battle but it has very little customization still.

1.5.10 when?

I would not imagine myself asking this. RBM does not work for this patch right now and that is the only mod I can not play without. But 1.5.10 is not on the list right now. I checked the list one by one. When you will add it back?

I'm glad to found Bannerlord the day at it's early access release, so I'm not feeling the suffering of old timers.

At the stand point of a new comer, I'm happy to the phase of the development.
That seems to be the fundamental disconnect (speaking as a "suffering old-timer").

I'm actually glad I wasn't totally new to the Mount and Blade franchise like that other guy and picked up and played Bannerlord before the other games in the series. Chance is, I would've thought it was a terrible ga- nevermind.

Or....said construction company didn't promise you any timeline until it was finished, told you up front that you weren't buying a house that was ready to move into, informed you that the house was a work in progress, and were incredibly patient every time you threw a fit because your house wasn't done yet. They even gave you the option to wait until the house was finished before you made any payment, but YOU insisted on paying full price UP FRONT because you had to buy it asap.

Last edited:
My goal is not to "convince as many people as possible that this game is hopeless and it's destined to be a failure". Warband is my favorite game of all time. There is no benefit to me sinking the Bannerlord ship. My goal (and likely most others you're thinking of) is to convince TW to pull their heads out of their asses and steer the Bannerlord ship away from the iceberg it's headed towards. Being that a year of nice polite suggestions didn't do the job, more oomph in what we're saying is clearly needed.

As I already said before, this is another patch and another month of not fixing the game's core issues. Another patch and another month of not adding anything to bring me back to the game. This is a big problem for a game that's supposed to have extreme longevity.
I'm talking about comments like:
  • This patch is bad, there is not enough content in it.
  • Barely any new features have been added since the start of early access.
  • The game is dumbed down for consoles, it's bad.
I don't see how these comments will "save" Bannerlord. Seems like they are very reductive and basically saying all work done by TaleWorlds in the last year is unsatisfactory. Obviously people have a right to criticize and vent their frustrations but I don't buy the idea that these are actually constructive criticisms.

Bannerlord is already mostly complete. It isn't going to significantly change from this point on. New features, balance changes and QoL changes are still coming but the base game is already there. Let's not pretend that constantly complaining is going to change the development process. Making suggestions and providing constructive criticism does improve the product but even that is limited in scope. It's time to accept and either embrace the game or move on from it.

Actually most important reason of Khuzait snowballing is not speed bonus of Khuzait its because Khuzait has higher cavalry ratio (because their troop tree is full of cavalry units) so Khuzait parties already faster than others (100% cav ratio brings 40% speed advantage, 50% cav ratio brings 20% and so on) Speed bonus was something minor compared to speed advantage they get from high cavalry ratio. And this is still in game.

In addition snowballing problem was not only related to Khuzaits. It was a problem caused by result of too many different problems. Before version 1.4s some factions were always getting powerfull year by year while some was opposite. There were no ups and downs for a particular faction. A faction was always growing or losing more lands. This is changed after fixes.

Anyway all work done there was needed so nothing lost with change of culture bonuses.
Regarding the problem of snowballing I would like to suggest an approach to solving the problem that suggests the addition of some mechanics probably wanted by the community and which have a triple purpose:
-add depth of gameplay, providing the possibility of being able to face large or fast armies without entering into battle, but putting them in difficulty in other ways.
-solving the snowball problem
-Provide more levers, mechanics and ways for the player to interact with the game world, provide more opportunities to generate quests, hierarchies or climb them.

I wrote the threads about it some time ago and someone wrote it even during the beta, but I propose it again now.
I try to offer detailed solutions rather than making requests, so I hope you are interested, because the mechanics I suggest are of great interest to me.
LOGISTICS AND SUPPLY LINES THREAD
GEOGRAPHICAL COVERAGE: marching formations, ambush, interception of armies,resting

I have made explicit only these two threads that are part of a group of 4 threads contained in this link (I also deal with the economy and the smithing system in relation to equipment, maintenance costs, upgrades and much more):
ECONOMY , LOGISTICS and WARFARE SUGGESTION LIST

Honestly, I am happy with alot of the changes and improvements in this patch.

Its the potential elephant DLC that has got me worried. Game is unfinished and paid DLC is already on the table?

Arrived a bit late to the discussion, gotta ask: Why are people saying with so much certainty that elephant model belongs to some future DLC? Can't it be just some nice new feature for future patches? I know I sound naive but is there any hard proof I missed on the coments?

Last edited:
I'm talking about comments like:
  • This patch is bad, there is not enough content in it.
  • Barely any new features have been added since the start of early access.
  • The game is dumbed down for consoles, it's bad.
I don't see how these comments will "save" Bannerlord. Seems like they are very reductive and basically saying all work done by TaleWorlds in the last year is unsatisfactory. Obviously people have a right to criticize and vent their frustrations but I don't buy the idea that these are actually constructive criticisms.

Bannerlord is already mostly complete. It isn't going to significantly change from this point on. New features, balance changes and QoL changes are still coming but the base game is already there. Let's not pretend that constantly complaining is going to change the development process. Making suggestions and providing constructive criticism does improve the product but even that is limited in scope. It's time to accept and either embrace the game or move on from it.
1.This patch has very little content for an update. You are welcome to think otherwise, it's a free board.
2. Barely any features have been added since release, yes this is true.1 modder (Bloc) has made better and more substantive content than this team has in over a year.
3. This game is being marketed for console, that is a major reason why the features are simplistic. The Marketing direction changes what a company does. Again, it's free opinion board, think whatever you want.

I just tried the patch for an hour and performance improvements are impressive. I'm using a lot of settings higher than before on my potato laptop and it is working smoothly. Menu lag is almost completely gone for me and item images loading doesn't cause fps drop anymore. Also, when i enter a fight my first swings would cause some drops but that is gone too. Probably that new animation setting affecting cpu has a role in it too because I did the benchmark and down spikes are all about cpu fps.

Back
Top Bottom