Beta Patch Notes e1.6.0

Users who are viewing this thread

The map and portrait load times are significantly improved for me. I didn’t know I wanted that to be fixed but it’s great for my quality of life.

But.... it is different. The prev was 1.6.0.272919, the fixed version is 1.6.0.273005. Open the launcher, it says that on the bottom left. What's your point exactly?
Do you know if the only being able to recruit clans being at war and not at peace is intended or a bug?

@AndrewArt

We can still make the game better, UI wise or not, so please submit your suggestions to the suggestion sub-forums if you have any and we can discuss them. So more suggestions are always welcomed!
Mr @MRay please don't even reply to fact trolls like that guy mehmet. We need more devs Like Godking Mexxico willing to engage and discuss with this forum, the most passionate collection of M&B fans on the internet, and you are one dev I noticed is quite active and is doing a lot of underrated work with UI.

You and @SadShogun could be our next Mexxico's when he sadly leaves. I like to see you in the forums so please don't get discouraged and waste energy responding to negative posters when many of us like to see you talking about your future ideas, sharing things your working on and your possible Ideas (even if they might get rejected by the bosses :razz:). This comms makes us happy and makes the trolls go away!

The things you are doing on UI are literally game changing so I hope you can continue to make more changes, especially with Mex on the campaign side. We need more of those war progress bars back! SadShogun is also very appreciated so please guys keep up the good work in your departments, make more threads and comments to us when you can and dont bite on troll bait :grin:.

Edit: Corrected my terrible grammar.

I won't mention names, but when i see a dev go into a Yotuber's stream to answer questions and give advice how to help people get their questions or problems handled makes me feel better about things. I know they are not obligated or paid to do so, so they are doing that of their own accord. And when I see that it makes me thing that when mexxico leaves we still have devs that truly care for the game and want it to succeed. So you know who I am talking to, we appreciate the extra effort you put into the community.

I won't mention names, but when i see a dev go into a Yotuber's stream to answer questions and give advice how to help people get their questions or problems handled makes me feel better about things. I know they are not obligated or paid to do so, so they are doing that of their own accord. And when I see that it makes me thing that when mexxico leaves we still have devs that truly care for the game and want it to succeed. So you know who I am talking to, we appreciate the extra effort you put into the community.
I hope you are right. I fear the day Mexxico truly leaves for good, even if he is only on campaign I feel his influence probably reaches much farther. It will be a dark day in TW history, he has been there since 2012 doing gods work.

How TW are letting one of their biggest talents and most beloved by the community developer, walk out the door, is really hard to get my head around.

Well they "should" get paid for that. Things like that promote the game and gives TW a way better image. Dialogue between devs and the community is unbelievable vital for a games success and the overall image of a company, there are more than enough examples of why it is so important.

When it comes to 1.6, at first I was very disappointed with the lack of content. However when the dust has settled and I have time to process it what matters most to me? Performance......I have an I-5 9th gen processor and a Geforce 1066 6gb card and I have most graphics maxed with 1,000 battle size and I can stream or record in 1080p HD with no problems. So while I would love more content when it comes down to it performance matters most, remember the menu pauses we just had. This hands down is one of the best performance patches they have dropped so if they will drop patches like this. then the lack of content can wait and be slower, so my honest, unbiased opinion people know I give, well done TW. I'll take content slower if it means amazing performance. Well done to the whole team

When it comes to 1.6, at first I was very disappointed with the lack of content. However when the dust has settled and I have time to process it what matters most to me? Performance......I have an I-5 9th gen processor and a Geforce 1066 6gb card and I have most graphics maxed with 1,000 battle size and I can stream or record in 1080p HD with no problems. So while I would love more content when it comes down to it performance matters most, remember the menu pauses we just had. This hands down is one of the best performance patches they have dropped so if they will drop patches like this. then the lack of content can wait and be slower, so my honest, unbiased opinion people know I give, well done TW. I'll take content slower if it means amazing performance. Well done to the whole team
?

+1. In a more 2021 world, we shouldn't be compromising, but TW here...

So while I would love more content when it comes down to it performance matters most, remember the menu pauses we just had.
Usually when technical things are already settled like this, adding content and features will be really easy and fast. Well, I don't know how if they're actually already done with it, but this improvement in performance is already good progress towards that point.

very good, exactly! Performance is such a huge thing, the game made me addicted again. I'm glad you came around to see it that way.

That's a lesson to be learned here, don't be quick to jump to conclusions. I know, based on some past patches it would make most sense to jump to the conclusion that it's the same thing with this patch again. But the patch turned out to be fairly good instead, pleasant surprise isn't it? I really hope we will never have patches with the kind of performance issues 1.5.9 and .10 presented again. I couldn't enjoy the game at all back then.

Speaking of quests: has anyone tried the new ones: Noble's Revolt and Conquer of a City? When do they trigger and what do we have to do in those quests?
Ditto this question. I've seen Gang Leader Needs Recruits pop up, but has anyone seen Noble's Revolt pop up yet?

Am I crazy or is it just not triggering at all?

Ditto this question. I've seen Gang Leader Needs Recruits pop up, but has anyone seen Noble's Revolt pop up yet?

I've seen the Gang Leader one as well (basically you have to have looters or other bandits in your party as actual soldiers and you give them as recruits). I haven't noble's revolt. I just feel like I should be getting more quest variety (especially lord quests) but every lord just wants horses and sometimes to train some soldiers and put them into garrison... I haven't seen a spy quest in ages

my guess is with those quests you would get them from the kingdom leader when you are a vassal and they trigger at certain times like Raid enemy territory quest

my guess is with those quests you would get them from the kingdom leader when you are a vassal and they trigger at certain times like Raid enemy territory quest

@Dejan that is what I'm talking about: we need more info about the new quests in the changelogs. At least you can let us know, who is the quest giver and when did the quest trigger.

Example: Added new quest 'Village needs draught animals'. Can be obtained by the village headmen and appears when village has a low hearths number.'

I' ve been asking for this for a half of the year and there is a reason for it.

With the current way, as you can see, we are forced to either guess or ask people who can dig up the game code...

But for some reason, you never listen.

UPD. Alright, just got a "Noble's Revolt" quest from one of the nobles. In this quest you should chase a mobile party of elite troops in order to stop them spreading rumors about the upcoming tax raise or something. @Duh_TaleWorlds, do you know if this quest affects anything in the kingdom? Suppose, I fail to stop them - will it decrease security in some settlements, thus, increasing the chance of the rebelion?

Last edited:
@Dejan that is what I'm talking about: we need more info about the new quests in the changelogs. At least you can let us know, who is the quest giver and when did the quest trigger.

Example: Added new quest 'Village needs draught animals'. Can be obtained by the village headmen and appears when village has a low hearths number.'

I' ve been asking for this for a half of the year and there is a reason for it.

With the current way, as you can see, we are forced to either guess or ask people who can dig up the game code...

But for some reason, you never listen.
Honestly I'm fine without this info. I like searching for quests and being surprised by the game with new things. My only concern regarding quests is if there is some kind of issue (at least in sandbox) that prevents some quests from triggering... I don't think it's normal for lords to want so many horses from me, this quest is so overly common. They can buy them themselves... usually they're near settlements but they still want me to go buy 3 horses for them. This quest would make more sense if the lord is far away from his settlements on a conquest but I'm seeing it all the time

Honestly I'm fine without this info. I like searching for quests and being surprised by the game with new things. My only concern regarding quests is if there is some kind of issue (at least in sandbox) that prevents some quests from triggering
That's only one side of this, yes... But if we want to test quests properly, we need to know more info about how to obtain them in the first place.
My only concern regarding quests is if there is some kind of issue (at least in sandbox) that prevents some quests from triggering..
yep, this quest is beyond irritating. Almost every noble wants me to buy horses for them. Kinda funny hearing that a Sturgian noble wants a Sturgian horse while being somewhere on Aserai lands, and you get so few days to deliver the horses, so I usually just refuse this quest.

Character Development System
  • Revised cultural effects:
    • Aserai
      • [Pro] Caravans are 30% cheaper to build. 10% less trade penalty.
      • [Pro] No speed penalty in deserts.
      • [Con] Daily wages of troops in the party are increased by 5%.
    • Battania
      • [Pro] 50% less speed penalty and 15% sight range bonus in forests.
      • [Pro] Towns owned by Battanian rulers have +1 militia production.
      • [Con] 10% slower build rate for town projects in settlements.
    • Empire
      • [Pro] 20% less garrison troop wages.
      • [Pro] Being in an army brings 25% more influence.
      • [Con] Village hearths increase 20% less.
    • Khuzait
      • [Pro] Recruiting and upgrading mounted troops is 10% cheaper.
      • [Pro] 25% production bonus to horses, mules, cows and sheep in villages owned by Khuzait rulers.
      • [Con] 20% less tax income from towns.
    • Sturgia
      • [Pro] Recruiting and upgrading infantry troops is 25% cheaper.
      • [Pro] Armies lose 20% less daily cohesion.
      • [Con] 20% more relationship penalty from kingdom decisions.
    • Vlandia
      • [Pro] 5% more renown from battles. 15% more income while serving as a mercenary.
      • [Pro] 10% production bonus to villages that are bound to castles.
      • [Con] Recruiting lords to armies costs 20% more influence.

This is a step in the right direction for sure! Though if you guys are open to feedback on these, here are some things to consider-

How about some combat bonus?

For example, Battania gets a bonus to combat skills during forest battles? This would apply to both regular and simulated battles. This would be a nice bonus that under the right situation makes them a formidable enemy. Like the Battle of Pendraic and would be a way to simulate and promote an ambush style of game play.

Other examples could be Sturgia could get a bonus to melee skills while in shieldwall formation, Empire could have a bonus to morale, and Vlandia could get a bonus to mounted charge damage.

Back
Top Bottom