Beta Patch Notes e1.5.9

Users who are viewing this thread

I find these conundrums about "influence" quite predictable. How to balance it? Where and how much to spend and gain? It's a never ending problem.
They should have used renown and relations instead, and it makes more sense. You don't actually spend real life influence like a currency, it stays at the same level when you use it. Not overusing it can be managed by cooldowns or other stats that change when you use it (example, you propose starting a war, and people agree, and if you wish to propose another one they'll simply say no because it's stupid or they are war-weary, not because they don't listen to you anymore).
+1 but I also agree with influence not growing overtime infinitely within a kingdom but coming back to a reset number (can be 0 or 1k or whatever), and your actions or inactions or consequences of your actions will either push your influence within a kingdom, maybe your own, to a positive spectrum (cheaper to "purchase" the action from an npc) or a negative spectrum (more expensive to "purchase" the action from an npc).

So influence could be seen as willingness to do your command. Putting it in numbers helps create complex situations but since we know TW is completely against presenting the player complex mechanics, I agree it should be removed from the game since it is so disconnected from anything it makes little sense.

Also while one person create an army the others are saving influence, it's like a never ending cycle, influence should be savored commodity just something thrown around all the time, so much influence all you see are armies running around while villages get ransacked constantly

I find these conundrums about "influence" quite predictable. How to balance it? Where and how much to spend and gain? It's a never ending problem.
They should have used renown and relations instead, and it makes more sense. You don't actually spend real life influence like a currency, it stays at the same level when you use it.
I'm confused you would say this: using renown is effectively the same thing as too much influence and relations are already tied into the system. Well, I should say relations are only technically tied into the system at this point; one of the war voting reworks changed a bunch of stuff around and now you being a personal friend/arch-enemy of an AI lord doesn't cause them to flip their vote over.
Also while one person create an army the others are saving influence, it's like a never ending cycle, influence should be savored commodity just something thrown around all the time, so much influence all you see are armies running around while villages get ransacked constantly
It is actually worse than that, because serving in an army generates influence.

I get influence while serving in an army, just hover over the inf meter and it'll show you, it's not much, but it's added daily
Not for leading an army, mind you, just joining someone elses

Only NPCs are in that regard. I(the player) never get any influence when serve in an army.
As @Karkus said, you have to be a member (not leader) of an army.
I get influence while serving in an army, just hover over the inf meter and it'll show you, it's not much, but it's added daily
It depends on your party strength, but yeah, it isn't that much. Now, that said, your companions in armies also generate influence and when you hand over four or five 120-man parties with a T3 average, you start to rack up the daily influence.

Something I noticed today is that you can´t pillage or devistate settlements from your own culture. Probably intended. But you also loose relation with everyone in your army that is not mercyful (excluding original family members). Also intended?

As @Karkus said, you have to be a member (not leader) of an army.

It depends on your party strength, but yeah, it isn't that much. Now, that said, your companions in armies also generate influence and when you hand over four or five 120-man parties with a T3 average, you start to rack up the daily influence.
OK have to test it, thanks for the info. Maybe my party strength was not high enough.

Some folks here are speaking of the EA anniversary patch on March, 30. But I've never seen it being mentioned anywhere from the devs.
It was mentioned by the devs some time ago, the patch name should be v1.0. :mrgreen:
Some of the patch rumor is wishful thinking by children and some of it is just making fun of Taleworlds. I can't wait for the memes tomorrow and the joke announcements two days after.

Some folks here are speaking of the EA anniversary patch on March, 30. But I've never seen it being mentioned anywhere from the devs.
Well that would be Tuesday, which is a common day for them to update, the other being Thursday. I haven't seen any TW people mention it either but they've gotta **** out 1.5.10 soon :smile:
We know it's in there just let it out!

When are fireworks scheduled to start? ?:iamamoron:

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom