Beta Patch Notes e1.5.9

Users who are viewing this thread

Gamepad Navigation Improvements
  • Players can now navigate some selected screens with the Dpad.
  • Initial menu and conversations with Dpad up and down. While on the campaign map, when the cursor is at the centre, players can click Dpad left, focus on the game menu and navigate the game menu with up and down. Clicking right and down at that stage will focus on the map bar and using Dpad left and right will navigate the map bar. From the centre, right will focus on the map notifications and up will focus on the portraits on the settlement overlay.
giphy.gif

UI Code Gen
  • We've implemented a new system for UI screen initialisation and execution. This change improves performance and memory usage.
Is this the feature that caused so many problems with textures and performance in the 1.5.8 ? Apart from the fact this helped with previous version how much this will affect a player (visual changes?) ? Thanks for letting us know anyways, i guess..

Any work being done a new leveling/progression system? I am not sure it's possible to design a system that's worse than the current system so the only possibility is improving it :smile:

But thanks for putting sandbox mode in a sandbox game!

Is this the feature that caused so many problems with textures and performance in the 1.5.8 ? Apart from the fact this helped with previous version how much this will affect a player (visual changes?) ? Thanks for letting us know anyways, i guess..
This feature wasn't live before. It wasn't on 1.5.8. So it had nothing to do with those issues. This will increase performance depending on your hardware and reduce memory usage overall.

This feature wasn't live before. It wasn't on 1.5.8. So it had nothing to do with those issues. This will increase performance depending on your hardware and reduce memory usage overall.
Screen switching is a lot faster with a bit of ghosting where I see the previous screen for a split second as it builds the new one. Would recommend drawing a blank page first before switching to new screen.

Fixed a bug that allowed players to crouch while reloading the crossbow.
It depends on the type of crossbow and how it is to be reloaded should be allowed to lower in order to reload it with greater safety.
Also, if you add some Pavese shields that can be placed on the ground as a "wall" (removable with a 1-2 second animation and attackable and destructible by the enemy), it would be a great thing.

@danEN In the patch notes I gave, I had this:

- Gamepad Navigation Improvements
-- Players can now navigate some selected screens with the Dpad.
-- Initial menu and conversations with Dpad up and down. While on the campaign map, when the cursor is at the center, players can click Dpad left, focus on the game menu and navigate the game menu with up and down. Clicking right and down at that stage will focus on the map bar and using Dpad left and right will navigate the map bar. From center, right will focus on the map notifications and up will focus on the portraits on the settlement overlay.
-- This feature is currently only enabled with gamepads but will be implemented for keyboard arrow keys and the enter key for the click action in the near future.

But somehow it got removed during the posting. I'll get in touch with Callum about it. It has been added now.

looks like i can't organize my troops in the party menu, i move them and they don't move, can someone else test it for me?
I'm aware of it and will take a look tomorrow.

Additionally, if the player gathers an army, map info bar tooltips won't work. That is already fixed and the fix will be sent with the next hotfix.

• Javelins now deal 75% of their weapon damage to shields (increased from 10%).
  • Throwing Impale perk now lets javelins penetrate shields as intended.
  • Throwing axes now deal 50% of their weapon damage to shields (increased from 10%).
Oh this is what I was hoping for eventually to make my skirmishers more useful. Neat to see.

Back
Top Bottom