Beta Patch Notes e1.5.9

Users who are viewing this thread

^Lots of boys go through an androgynous phase, even in Calradia lol

I would actually like them to add in more high class female clothing. The "Imperial Rich Dress" looks all manky.

They removed the ability to switch between 1 hand & 2 hands
Did they intentionally remove it?

Or is this like the multiple formation selection (Ctrl key) - where it's just sort of broken for some reason and nobody knows why. (It has worked briefly for me at times - I'll try to investigate if I ever see it working again.)

If they intentionally removed it that makes me a bit livid as they are now deliberately dumbing down the game in a very bad way. If it's to help the A.I. I can sort of respect the decision, even if it's IMO the wrong way to do it. If it's to make way for the "console release" or gamepads... well I have some choice words indeed!

Family members are still teleporting around when you put them in the taverns for emissary! Didn't they say they fixed this like 3 times already?
TW, I want brother #2 to STAY in the Fief with his wife(governor) and **** her until she is pregnant!
I wish you could just by a magic love potion and use it for make babie, or just steal babies from peasants.

Honestly, I look at the CK 3 new patch and I'm confused about TW development approach.

While CK3 devs integrating some of the community mods for a better quality of life and for new features (duels), Taleworlds prefers to break good mods every time with their patches instead of integrating the good ones into the game. The only time they have integrated a mod, if I remember correctly, is when they've added a quest icons to the settlements.

Honestly, I look at the CK 3 new patch and I'm confused about TW development approach.

While CK3 devs integrating some of the community mods for a better quality of life and for new features (duels), Taleworlds prefers to break good mods every time with their patches instead of integrating the good ones into the game. The only time they have integrated a mod, if I remember correctly, is when they've added a quest icons to the settlements.

CK3 is not in early access. Big difference there bub...

Also, creators of these games is not responsible for mods to work. That fall on the modders to keep up to date along changes with the game.

Go cry to the mod creators, not the devs of the game.

Did they intentionally remove it?

Or is this like the multiple formation selection (Ctrl key) - where it's just sort of broken for some reason and nobody knows why. (It has worked briefly for me at times - I'll try to investigate if I ever see it working again.)

If they intentionally removed it that makes me a bit livid as they are now deliberately dumbing down the game in a very bad way. If it's to help the A.I. I can sort of respect the decision, even if it's IMO the wrong way to do it. If it's to make way for the "console release" or gamepads... well I have some choice words indeed!
They changed the behavior to how spears work, at least people in MP were asking for 2h beeing default when sheathing/loosing your shield because it was stupid to need an extra animation to switch for 2h mode. I dont see the point of using a bastard sword 1h without shield tbh ?

see i awlays thought it was only lances you hit x on to couch and Bastard swords would auto change based on having a sheild or not
That's how it is in warband. Before in Bannerlord you could press x to change 1 to 2 handed on bastard swords and you char gave it cute little flip, now you can do a cute little flip.

Though paradox did take 6 months to come out with that patch... and in retrospect it was pretty small. I am quite disappointed in it. Basically it just added the duel system (which while cool; is basically advanced rock, paper scissors) and a poetry system - which again while cool is just a text generator.

It's an oversimplification but Taleworlds have added more to bannerlord in 3 months then Paradox have to CK3 in 6. And Paradox wanted more money for most of the new features. A strange reality.

Though paradox did take 6 months to come out with that patch... and in retrospect it was pretty small. I am quite disappointed in it. Basically it just added the duel system (which while cool; is basically advanced rock, paper scissors) and a poetry system - which again while cool is just a text generator.

It's an oversimplification but Taleworlds have added more to bannerlord in 3 months then Paradox have to CK3 in 6. And Paradox wanted more money for most of the new features. A strange reality.

I have CK2 and all its dlc's, same with Stellaris. and yeah, Paradox quite greedy in that regard. A lot of the stuff they charge for as a dlc, is content you would expect was part of the core content of the game.

Somebody recognized that you can be pushed back by normal infantry units? Happened four times, where I charge on a soldier, see his stab ready animation, want to block this with my shield and puff, we collided, I ve gotten a knock back, he has still his stab animation and I have lost my block stance... You can guess what had happened.. He land his stab. I personally see no reason behind it. Maybe my 189 in athletics caused this... But shouldn't it be the other way than? ?

Somebody recognized that you can be pushed back by normal infantry units? Happened four times, where I charge on a soldier, see his stab ready animation, want to block this with my shield and puff, we collided, I ve gotten a knock back, he has still his stab animation and I have lost my block stance... You can guess what had happened.. He land his stab. I personally see no reason behind it. Maybe my 189 in athletics caused this... But shouldn't it be the other way than? ?
never seen such thing before, really weird

I just found it, it's a Companion creator ,you can create a companion and download it to the game, well I didn't find the mine, I don't put dialogs or else, but I found the Valadian one. It's expensive but good as hell.

They changed the behavior to how spears work, at least people in MP were asking for 2h beeing default when sheathing/loosing your shield because it was stupid to need an extra animation to switch for 2h mode. I dont see the point of using a bastard sword 1h without shield tbh ?
Ah I see.

Having played it with, I guess you could say it's generally helpful since it's one less button to hit in battle.

Polearms... yeah you are always better off using two-handed without a shield (can you block one handed with spears?) Swords are a bit of different story though. It can be advantageous to use a Two-Handed/Bastard Sword one handed due to the faster swing speed and better handling. Granted two-handed style is more advantageous most of the time due to superior damage output.

I don't mind that it switches to the more sensible stance by default, just be nice if we the player could still opt for the One-Handed stance with the X key.

One-handed sword have much better reach on horseback. I thought inability to switch to one-handed mode was a bug, but this is "feature" now. Great.

Back
Top Bottom