Beta Patch Notes e1.5.8

Users who are viewing this thread

Only Najun (the oldest one) looks like you, I'm guessing the other two are still a work in progress? Just wondering what's taking TW so long to make the other two look like your family member, It can't be that hard if they can do it for Najun. Oh well.
The older brother gets a different name and preset based on the culture that you choose younger siblings are always the same. They would just need to create a name and preset for them for each culture and then assign them based on the players choice of culture at the start.

Technically, it's pretty much a potato past its sell by date :smile:.

i5-4460, 16gb ram, 2x GTX-760 (one dedicated PhysX, no idea if that helps with BL*). Main issue for BL is GPU - on mostly low settings with a couple tweaked a fraction up, uses almost all available GPU ram. Don't usually have FPS showing on this PC, but just checked and getting a stable 45-48 on campaign map and a large battle; 60 (capped, screen tears if don't cap on my why-did-I-spend-that-much GSync monitor, when I actually need a better GPU) in menus. Compared to recent 1.5.7, subjectively seems smoother, didn't notice as much stuttering and menus definitely less laggy.

Will check on laptop tomorrow, which has a significantly better GPU, but was getting about 35 FPS on medium settings on 1.5.7 (much higher res, so low settings look rougher)...

*According to a wiki page for games with PhysX support, Bannerlord is listed - which surprised me slightly.

A little suprising - laptop (i7-8650, GTX 1060/6gb) FPS is less stable, even on 1.5.8, - and lower FPS at native resolution than the i5 / GTX760/2gb. Maybe dedicated PhysX is adding some significant background benefit after all. Even on same settings as the lesser spec desktop, FPS is lower (and fluctuates more), unless I drop the resolution down to similar levels (FPS then stays 50-60) - and even then still fluctuates more. Settings can go to high and maintain 45-ish FPS, as long as resolution isn't at 3k. Desktop smoother in menus/icons loading, too.

Last edited:
A little suprising - laptop (i7-8650, GTX 1060/6gb) FPS is less stable, even on 1.5.8, - and lower FPS at native resolution than the i5 / GTX760/2gb. Maybe dedicated PhysX is adding some significant background benefit after all. Even on same settings as the lesser spec desktop, FPS is lower (and fluctuates more), unless I drop the resolution down to similar levels (FPS then stays 50-60) - and even then still fluctuates more. Settings can go to high and maintain 45-ish FPS, as long as resolution isn't at 3k. Desktop smoother in menus/icons loading, too.
interesting. thanks!

From Mexxico "About other thing, 1.5.9 could not go beta because of texture bug at 1.5.8 still could not fixed what I hear. It is blocking all process. "
1.5.8 truly was the worst patch. Buggy as hell, and it's preventing us from getting new content now... Can't they just leave 1.5.7 as the "live patch"? People will be happy their mods are not broken, and 1.5.8 is simply not worth it to break people's mods anyway.

And I'm sure many other players will just jump into the 1.5.9 beta anyway (unless it breaks more things, again).

1.5.8 truly was the worst patch. Buggy as hell, and it's preventing us from getting new content now... Can't they just leave 1.5.7 as the "live patch"? People will be happy their mods are not broken, and 1.5.8 is simply not worth it to break people's mods anyway.

And I'm sure many other players will just jump into the 1.5.9 beta anyway (unless it breaks more things, again).
1.5.9 is already built on the 1.5.8 base, not 1.5.7.

But hey, it's been fixed with the latest hotfix ,hasn't it?
It seems like it's 90% fixed, after some hours of play some textures change color or don't appear, but it's not as intense as it was, I don't feel it interferes with gameplay now. There's also other minor visual things like the tier of units not always displaying correctly in the party/prisoner list, which I'm not sure is related or just a separate thing. There's other possible issues too, like scouting skill maybe not triggering (lack of tracks?) and sister not having enough attributes but those alone aren't enough to hold up a update IMO. Who knows what still needs to be fixed under the hood though.

Warband with AD 1257 expanded, I would recommend for you guys and take a break. They will hotfix it or the new update will come out but there is so much they have to do. And after you played this sadly you will get a punch in the face from reality. It's a long way to go. O was imagining ad1257 and all functions with bannerlord graphics. Pure Gold.

Warband with AD 1257 expanded, I would recommend for you guys and take a break. They will hotfix it or the new update will come out but there is so much they have to do. And after you played this sadly you will get a punch in the face from reality. It's a long way to go. O was imagining ad1257 and all functions with bannerlord graphics. Pure Gold.
That mod is good, it's just has a lot of bugs. Unless the modder has updated it recently. Original 1257 is a great mod, reason why I bought War Band.

Back
Top Bottom