Beta Patch Notes e1.5.8

Users who are viewing this thread

Finally DL'd Time to grab my butterfly net and start start a new game

Wow this looks like a upgrade sop far, do this with every single companion and lord that joins out clan please, let be respec them!
Probably a bug, but this is something I've asked for!

Last edited:
No, but if the patch stabilises 1.5.8 enough to go to live, it means 1.5.9 is closer. Not sure if the new battle map system is in 1.5.9 or the patch after that, though.
they say the battle map comes in the next major update, so 1.6.0 maybe, whether we are getting 1.5.9 or 1.6.0 next is the real question

May have spoken too soon. While all icons load and the weird colours are gone, it now looks as though some bits are missing in icons. Like a helmet on a unit or companion. I'll test some more tomorrow.

Hotfix (04/03/21)

Singleplayer​

Crashes
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when a value that was higher than is allowed was pasted in integer input fields.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when capturing the last settlement of a kingdom that was a target in the conspiracy phase of the main storyline.
Fixes
  • Fixed a DLSS related issue with the resolution scale causing a dark screen.
  • Fixed a DLSS related issue with medium shading quality causing corrupted images.
  • Fixed an issue with some settlements being unselectable due to the horizontal layout in the 'Gift Settlement' menu.
  • Fixed an issue that made some notables disappear when loading save files.
  • Fixed an issue with thumbnails failing to load.
  • Fixed an issue that caused conversation tag weights (that affect dialogue variation) to be set improperly.
Changes
  • Minor improvement to opening times for Clan, Character, Inventory and Party screens.
Well it looks like icons are loading properly for the most part, from a brief play test I just did. Though Wood, Charcoal, and Ores still seem to be having some issues. Though I've noticed display issues with Ores & Metals for some time might be something specific to my setup.

Yijy8Nx.jpg

Anywho glad this is (mostly) fixed now. (y)

Tested a little bit but it looks like conversations after battles, inventory and icons load really fast i think even inventory in towns as well. Some icons are a bit dark like some shadow is cast over the troops like the imperial trained infantry. Looks good so far but as i said i played only for a little bit.

If everything is ok we might be able to see the big boi patch next week ?

In my current playthrough, the icons are working fine since yesterdays hotfix.

However, the UI still lags a lot. Trade, Inventory, Character, Party and After Battle Screens eacht take 5+ seconds to open and to close. There has not been much improvement for me regarding this problem.

I am ver frustrated regarding this issue. This is the kind of bug that sucks the fun out of any game. The Battletech tactics game had a similar issue and it totally killed my enjoyment of that game.

Wait till you have a crash... they dissapear after a crash.
Ancedote I admit the only time I had the disappearing crash described to me was looking at the encyclopedia / heroes caused it. The one and only time I had that happen (last update) was that my item textures on a fresh load just didn't load and rather then wait the dozen seconds for they to do so i had stumbled to looking at the that encyclopedia, had no icons load there either, then crash.

Ever since then I had that load texture phenomena once and just restarted rather then tempt another crash. Given it was directly related to not loading textures I give this update an encouraging sign for me.

I don't know about you guys but my "moto" is "When you start seeing gliches and weird textures in a game, just Reload!" 80% of the time I have done this, my issues are resolved!!!
And from my observation, in most games, is that after a couple of hours of continuous gaming, they begin to become unstable, either from hardware or software causes!

I don't know about you guys but my "moto" is "When you start seeing gliches and weird textures in a game, just Reload!" 80% of the time I have done this, my issues are resolved!!!
And from my observation, in most games, is that after a couple of hours of continuous gaming, they begin to become unstable, either from hardware or software causes!
what is a moto?

Back
Top Bottom