Beta Patch Notes e1.5.8

Users who are viewing this thread

To be honest, no - speed of delivery has actually been pretty good in 1.5.x. From a rough look at the steamdb timestamps yesterday, a third of 1.5.x releases have cleared beta in 14/15 days; another third in 19-21 days; one took three and a half weeks, another six weeks (including holiday season), and then came 1.5.8.

TW's delivery problems* have always seemed to be in code branching/merging / version control / build/package quality. The admission last week that some bugs weren't reproduced on internal builds as on Steam builds wasn't a surprise, but should highlight a flaw in their processes. I vaguely remember talking about this last summer, too - it might even be an area of development that is negatively impacted by disrupted work patterns/working from home more (if they still are). Disappearing textures and commonly recurring bugs all point to build/code merging issues - quality control. People regularly ask why TW testers aren't picking stuff up; they won't if the issues don't appear in internal builds and no one tests Steam builds - so the build process needs improving, and someone at TW needs to be validating Steam builds. Arguably, improving that process might need to slow down the delivery cycle a little, to add in a Steam build test/validation phase.

*they might also have some design/management issues, but that's more subjective and we don't necessarily know their vision.
I don't know much, or nothing about programing, butt I find it strange that each new buid has to have almost 15 GB, couldn’t they just add content to what’s already there? I also notice that the download speed is much slower than normal, it will have to do with the purchase of bandwidth by TW? If something really fails between what is put there and what is provided to customers this is something to be investigated and has to be resolved.

I don't know much, or nothing about programing, butt I find it strange that each new buid has to have almost 15 GB, couldn’t they just add content to what’s already there? I also notice that the download speed is much slower than normal, it will have to do with the purchase of bandwidth by TW? If something really fails between what is put there and what is provided to customers this is something to be investigated and has to be resolved.
Having just a slight experinece in programing of the small scripts and executables i must say changing / adding even the smallest element can sometimes force you to adjust the entire code.

EDIT: For the scope of Bannerlord... this may be huge.

I think I've only once had an update that was more than 10gb - usually seems to be around 1gb-3gb.

Steam's update system is extremely clunky and forces you to redownload a file even if only a single byte in each file is changed, if they have metadata with the textures or sound files for example.

Patchie patchie where my patchie? Kidding, I'm patient. I just hope this next patch will finally make some improvements to the leveling system, because if yes then it will be a very good patch for me. Keep battles are probably coming as well, and who knows what else. If 1.5.9 will make some good improvements like that then I'm all up for waiting a little bit more. Thank you for your continuous work!

Well i hope 1.5.8 dos not get out of bata until it works right.this was the first time i did not move up in bata and stayed with 1.5.7 ..The game runs so nice there and plays well .. I think i will stay with 1.5.7 untill i see alot of improvement's to 1.5.8 and you guys are happy with it.

I see the game is not fixed yet, I will take another shower then. Man these showers have been really helpful but apparently the number of times that I had taken are not enough.

I´m pretty sure that Steams download speed doesn´t have anything to do with the company of the game. I´ve always have like the same good or bad speed, no matter if it´s a 10+ GB bannerlord update or 10+ GB (insert major game / good indie game) update.

This issue seems to be really on your end. Have you tried to verify your Steam files?

Or as TW would fix it:

Is your router turned on?
Tried restarting it?
Contacted your ISP?
Filed a bug report?

You did? We are out!

:wink:

But for real, this issue is nothing that TW can resolve. And be happy about this otherwise....

Last edited:
Haha so you recommend we should be lucky if Taleworlds have a lucky strike with a bug without causing more havock? And after the receive a bug report panic ? Made my laugh and my day. Thx

Praise the holy "Soon" and his teachings !
509je0.jpg

Good Morning @MArdA TaleWorlds,
How are the things going ? Do you think you may have a solution to graphical issues with 1.5.8 ? I am not asking any hard data nor dates - just your feelings about the issue.

P.S. Wondering if i can plan my weekend ;p

Regards !

We are still working on the fix currently. It was in the testing phase is what i last heard from the team.
i really would love to here what happend with that gfx glitch and the missing wanderers and why QA did not find it first place
if you can talk about it please share
Edit: a technical Explanation i mean

Hotfix (04/03/21)

Singleplayer​

Crashes
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when a value that was higher than is allowed was pasted in integer input fields.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when capturing the last settlement of a kingdom that was a target in the conspiracy phase of the main storyline.
Fixes
  • Fixed a DLSS related issue with the resolution scale causing a dark screen.
  • Fixed a DLSS related issue with medium shading quality causing corrupted images.
  • Fixed an issue with some settlements being unselectable due to the horizontal layout in the 'Gift Settlement' menu.
  • Fixed an issue that made some notables disappear when loading save files.
  • Fixed an issue with thumbnails failing to load.
  • Fixed an issue that caused conversation tag weights (that affect dialogue variation) to be set improperly.
Changes
  • Minor improvement to opening times for Clan, Character, Inventory and Party screens.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom