Beta Patch Notes e1.5.8

Users who are viewing this thread

Something like that could seriously improve their credability and general climate around the EA.

Soon-ish™ -----Sooner---→ End of Time
Yeah I can hear the youtube video introductions "Mount and blade has done something AMAZING..."
"You guys have to revisit" :"oh ho ho looks at this..."... but it's all stuff that's been in for months and isn't all that impressive. I like a lot of the popular youtube guys for entertainment, but they never understand wtf is going on in the games. I'm constantly typing out an akshually in the comments... then during hear another mistake and another..... then I just back space out of it and let it go. Some people are good at games and some people have a nice voice and good bandwith.

Yeah I can hear the youtube video introductions "Mount and blade has done something AMAZING..."
"You guys have to revisit" :"oh ho ho looks at this..."... but it's all stuff that's been in for months and isn't all that impressive. I like a lot of the popular youtube guys for entertainment, but they never understand wtf is going on in the games. I'm constantly typing out an akshually in the comments... then during hear another mistake and another..... then I just back space out of it and let it go. Some people are good at games and some people have a nice voice and good bandwith.
_cv7c.jpg

Better to get this game done with Patch 1.5.7, from now on it will disappointments after disappointmentd. I really enjoy the game with mods and I can wait six months to get a Bannerlord 2. 0 free of errors and frustrations.

Better to get this game done with Patch 1.5.7, from now on it will disappointments after disappointmentd. I really enjoy the game with mods and I can wait six months to get a Bannerlord 2. 0 free of errors and frustrations.
Man, honestly why are you here posting while you can play it with mods on 1.5.7 ? What difference does it make for you wheter its still on EA or ready product ?

Man, honestly why are you here posting while you can play it with mods on 1.5.7 ? What difference does it make for you wheter its still on EA or ready product ?
Maybe he thinks that the development will be faster if they don´t release new version? Of course this doesn´t make sense. This would only mean 2.0 would be full of bugs because "nobody" tested it. Would be interesting though :grin: .

2.0 untested:

200.gif

@Gandamula

Just deactivate the auto updates and you can play 1.5.7 forever :wink:

Your voting thread lost that argument, 125 to 16.

Maybe he thinks that the development will be faster if they don´t release new version? Of course this doesn´t make sense. This would only mean 2.0 would be full of bugs because "nobody" tested it. Would be interesting though :grin: .

2.0 untested:

200.gif

@Gandamula

Just deactivate the auto updates and you can play 1.5.7 forever :wink:
K, full discloser, I don't know how to make games. That said, I had the same feeling after the first week of 1.5.8's bugs not getting fixed. Why not just scrap it, salvage what (if any) working NEW FEATURES and put them into 1.5.7 and then again update with NEW1.5.9 with 1.5.7 still as the base.
I don't know if maybe the stuff they did to 1.5.8 is 100% needed and is needed for future updates so they have to tuff it out and fix it, no matter how long it takes..... all I know is 99% of it is completely undiscernible to the player. It's frustrating every update too and may take I 've said this a lot, but while there are features we want that may take more effort, there's probably 100 smaller but important changes we want that aren't demanding and many are just changing a ****ing number in the game as it exists. But we get none of it.

K, full discloser, I don't know how to make games. That said, I had the same feeling after the first week of 1.5.8's bugs not getting fixed. Why not just scrap it, salvage what (if any) working NEW FEATURES and put them into 1.5.7 and then again update with NEW1.5.9 with 1.5.7 still as the base.
I don't know if maybe the stuff they did to 1.5.8 is 100% needed and is needed for future updates so they have to tuff it out and fix it, no matter how long it takes..... all I know is 99% of it is completely undiscernible to the player. It's frustrating every update too and may take I 've said this a lot, but while there are features we want that may take more effort, there's probably 100 smaller but important changes we want that aren't demanding and many are just changing a ****ing number in the game as it exists. But we get none of it.
scrap it?
giphy.gif

1.5.9 should have been 'development completed' and in QA when 1.5.8 went to beta, for a week or two of QA, a bit of internal bugfixing and ready to go to beta itself; and built on top of 1.5.8 codebase. 1.5.10 will have gone into serious development about the same time, on the 1.5.9 codebase with 1.5.8 features. 1.5.11/1.6.0 may also have been in a trying-out-ideas phase, again building on 1.5.8>1.5.9>1.5.10 codebase. So rolling back 1.5.8 would mean having to unpick those code elements from all pipeline work, starting again from 1.5.7 - bringing three development cycles to a halt.

At some point if the issues of 1.5.8 are unresolvable, then rolling back becomes the only way out: but it's far from painless and means delays impacting at least the next two releases.

Last edited:
Maybe the game could use another refactor, or two? :unsure:
To be honest, no - speed of delivery has actually been pretty good in 1.5.x. From a rough look at the steamdb timestamps yesterday, a third of 1.5.x releases have cleared beta in 14/15 days; another third in 19-21 days; one took three and a half weeks, another six weeks (including holiday season), and then came 1.5.8.

TW's delivery problems* have always seemed to be in code branching/merging / version control / build/package quality. The admission last week that some bugs weren't reproduced on internal builds as on Steam builds wasn't a surprise, but should highlight a flaw in their processes. I vaguely remember talking about this last summer, too - it might even be an area of development that is negatively impacted by disrupted work patterns/working from home more (if they still are). Disappearing textures and commonly recurring bugs all point to build/code merging issues - quality control. People regularly ask why TW testers aren't picking stuff up; they won't if the issues don't appear in internal builds and no one tests Steam builds - so the build process needs improving, and someone at TW needs to be validating Steam builds. Arguably, improving that process might need to slow down the delivery cycle a little, to add in a Steam build test/validation phase.

*they might also have some design/management issues, but that's more subjective and we don't necessarily know their vision.

Back
Top Bottom