Beta Patch Notes e1.5.8

Users who are viewing this thread

That guy is would defend anything TW does. His channel would do better if he was more objective.
That guys on my :poop: ☠️ list for life. He goes through these threads on his videos and argues with peoples posts.... to himself.... like he doesn't know what a forum is. Dude, you can post and say what you think, you don't have to go all muppet babies in your imagination about it. And if you call him out in his video comments for being totally wrong he just deletes the post, or course. What's he gonna make tutorial about anyways checkers? Doesn't know this game anyways.

Last edited:
That guys on my :poop: ☠️ list for life. He goes through these threads on his videos and argues with peoples posts.... to himself.... like he doesn't know what a forum is. Dude, you can post and say what you think, you don't have to go all muppet babies in your imagination about it. And if you call him out in his video comments for being totally wrong he just deletes the post, or course. What's he gonna make tutorial about anyways checkers? Doesn't know this game anyways.
ohhh, has he mentioned me? :grin:

Dear Lune,

First of all - everything that you put out in public, you test it, not like nitty gritty detailed testing, but at least big things, that's a good practice.

Second - Steam also allows closed betas, thus anything that is put forward as an open Beta can be tested before you make it a public beta. So saying that Steam build is at fault is a weak excuse.

Third - playing game is not really testing, its wannabe testing. Most players don't report anything and those that do mostly report known bugs (or just their opinion of HOW game should be), but its better than nothing, sure.

But you can't do wannabe testing if the game doesn't work. Hope they'll have a good old retrospective after this is over to figure out what went wrong.
1. That's what I was refering to in the first place.

2. When did I ever say that it was the Steams fault? Or are you refering to someones else comment right now? I just said that it's a betas job to be tested, even if it doesn't work.

3. It is by the very definition that you're playing the beta version. When playing the beta version in my opinion, you're obligated to report any bugs you find. If you were playing a release build I would say "Report the bug if it's gamebreaking or a big annoyance to you".
I would say you are an imbecile but I don't want a warning.
"Inappropriate language".
Seems like you failed on that front mate.

I spent many years testing various custom maps for Warcraft 3 that involved a lot of triggers and triggers that would only work if certain trigger conditions were met. I remember playing Alpha/Beta versions where if you did certain things, your game would crash and having to then spend hours of finding out the reason on why it suddenly crashed. Because of that past experience...If you play a beta version of a game and you're like "I'm not having fun. Fix your game" instead of "This caused the game to crash/glitch out. I better report it and find out what other thing causes issues". Then you shouldn't play any beta version of any game/mod in my opinion :/

Last edited:
The reason people are pissed is not because they expect there not to be bugs, missing features and crashes; it's because they love the franchise and want it to be a sequel worthy of the name but the history of this project has been abysmal: The path to the start of EA was unusually long and the EA we have seen over the last year has continued that trend and has given us some insight into why it is happening.

There are fundamental problems at TW with managing a project of this scope:

- Overall progress has been painfully slow. Response to game-breaking problems in the hotfixes has been a roll of the dice.
- There are what appear to be ongoing issues with version control. (It's fixed, it's not fixed, it was fixed and now it's back, we didn't change that, oh yeah we did)
- They are doing some sort of testing, of course, but it is clear that there is a gap between their coverage and what is being released; there are recurring, glaring game-breaking problems that should not go into even a beta if there were any sort of casual playtesting going on in their QA.
- They continue to put out half-baked, half-assed features without returning to make them release ready.
- **** that should be working by now gets completely broken because they're tinkering around with stuff that should be taken for granted by now. (e.g. horse archers, bandit spawns, UI latency). I mean, how do you repeatedly, consistently, **** up as bad they do on stuff that should "just work" at this point?
- Terrible communication.

The point is not that anyone is entitled to anything or that we don't understand that betas have problems; the point is that we paid for a product and we want to see it succeed but many of us believe TW has not risen to the level of quality expected out of a big boy company.

Tough love TW. Great franchise and a lot of potential in Bannerlord but you are failing.

The point is not that anyone is entitled to anything or that we don't understand that betas have problems; the point is that we paid for a product and we want to see it succeed but many of us believe TW has not risen to the level of quality expected out of a big boy company.

Tough love TW. Great franchise and a lot of potential in Bannerlord but you are failing.
(y)

Remember the times when it was "after the refactor everything will be better"?
Does my memory fails me, or were they talking about speeding things up after the refactor is done? It took 3 months to refactor, all mods became broken, new bugs arised and now it takes about a month or more to release a single content patch and it doesn't matter whether the patch contains new scenes and features (i.e. a decent patch) or a "sheep"-patch with 0 new content - it will take a month to release it anyway.

-how many hours have you played and had fun in the game (the answer for me is played 964 and fun 950 or so)
-TW has already proven that they can release a great successful game with warband and a few DLC´s
-how many at least small projects have any of you who are whining around here finished ?
-let me repead it again its an effing EA it may or may not work you ARE not entitled to anything

i like @MostBlunted satirical replies but a joke is only funny the first time
yes there are issues , but is it helpfull to kick TW in the head when the y are on the grounf ?
do you really think they are doing this to torture you

-how many hours have you played and had fun in the game (the answer for me is played 964 and fun 950 or so)
-TW has already proven that they can release a great successful game with warband and a few DLC´s
-how many at least small projects have any of you who are whining around here finished ?
-let me repead it again its an effing EA it may or may not work you ARE not entitled to anything

yes there are issues , but is it helpfull to kick TW in the head when the y are on the grounf ?

Why are you repeating back to me what I already said in terms of entitlement?

Yes, I would say that I have gotten a fair trade in terms of entertainment time. I don't see how that makes it unreasonable for me to point out TW's terrible execution. Yes, they enjoyed great success with WB and many of us bought BL based upon that reputation. However, BL is an order of magnitude more complex and ambitious than WB and all indications so far are that they don't have the ability to pull it off in a reasonable amount of time. I feel that this is a fair criticism in spite of admitting I have received a fair trade in terms of hours of entertainment.

You asked how many projects I have finished and the answer is that I have spent decades in software development. I easily have millions of units that are complex, must-not-fail, embedded and desktop systems in the field. I understand how development works on small and large teams and I am just as qualified as anyone else to be critical of their deliveries.

This game could be, should be, so much more than it is at this point.

do you remember the first 20 or so days when the game was released ?
there were daily patches , good patches wich addressed the annoying things and bugs
back then i thought what a great company , never seen so fast patches and issues addressed (and it was not only me , the board was full of praise )
now it seems they have run into serious problems when they cannot recreate some of the most annoying bugs in their test Environment
i personally think they are working hard on it
time is of no importance (for me ) if it takes another year or 2 so be it
in the end im sure it will be done , and mods will only make it better

Does my memory fails me, or were they talking about speeding things up after the refactor is done? It took 3 months to refactor, all mods became broken, new bugs arised and now it takes about a month or more to release a single content patch and it doesn't matter whether the patch contains new scenes and features (i.e. a decent patch) or a "sheep"-patch with 0 new content - it will take a month to release it anyway.
I don´t think so. That´s how I remember it.

And now we are here....

It´s not my job to be funny, but I say what I think...

It´s not like that TW is on the ground for the first time. And the biggest problem is, I believe that they think they´re doing fine!

I´m just a guy who wants this game to be awesome! They have the best engine for this kind of game! There is no other engine where I can play medieval battlles with this ****ing huge scale.

But they waste it...

I know that my post seems to look like that I hate the game. I don´t!

This game is one of a kind, like Warband was back 10 years ago.

But even after 1 year, Warband + Mods is the better game. If you´re no graphic whore.

And right now I think that they should sell their engine to a "big" team. They can´t handle it. That´s why so many stuff got cut and will be cut...so give this engine to a "good" studio. I prefer some small indie studio, they listen to their customers...

I know that you think it doesn´t make sense like "give to a small studio".

But TW behaves like a major player....and they aren´t that huge. They don´t even care!

I´m sure that 50%+ is working on the console release. Earn more money. right?

So give this engine to a real DEDICATED (RIP Mexxico) small indie studio and we will have a great game in 1+ year.

Last edited:
Third - playing game is not really testing, its wannabe testing. Most players don't report anything and those that do mostly report known bugs (or just their opinion of HOW game should be), but its better than nothing, sure.
Players don't need to report anything themselves to send off automated crash reports and telemetry data.

Players don't need to report anything themselves to send off automated crash reports and telemetry data.
You realise that it doesn't cover every edge case there is? Sure, you will know where error occured and in simpler cases - how, but it doesn't mean that everything will be magically covered with detailed logs.
Stuff like messed up textures and missing wanderers are a good example.

You realise that it doesn't cover every edge case there is? Sure, you will know where error occured and in simpler cases - how, but it doesn't mean that everything will be magically covered with detailed logs.
Stuff like messed up textures and missing wanderers are a good example.
I know it doesn't.

I don´t think so. That´s how I remember it.

And now we are here....

It´s not my job to be funny, but I say what I think...

It´s not like that TW is on the ground for the first time. And the biggest problem is, I believe that they think they´re doing fine!

I´m just a guy who wants this game to be awesome! They have the best engine for this kind of game! There is no other engine where I can play medieval battlles with this ****ing huge scale.

But they waste it...

I know that my post seems to look like that I hate the game. I don´t!

This game is one of a kind, like Warband was back 10 years ago.

But even after 1 year, Warband + Mods is the better game. If you´re no graphic whore.

And right now I think that they should sell their engine to a "big" team. They can´t handle it. That´s why so many stuff got cut and will be cut...so give this engine to a "good" studio. I prefer some small indie studio, they listen to their customers...

I know that you think it doesn´t make sense like "give to a small studio".

But TW behaves like a major player....and they aren´t that huge. They don´t even care!

I´m sure that 50%+ is working on the console release. Earn more money. right?

So give this engine to a real DEDICATED (RIP Mexxico) small indie studio and we will have a great game in 1+ year.

OMG this toxicity and sarcasm in your posts man!
Dude, it is better keep your thoughts to your self...!

But honestly, how many times you bought an EA game in your life? I bet it was countless times...! (Mine was my first time, by the way..)
I was very satisfied from Warband and I wanted to support TW for something better and because I wanted, the Mount & Blade genre, to go on!
Ok, it has it's issues now, SO? Still lots of fans are having a lot of fun with it, even in it's current state!
I suggest you step out a couple of months, if you are so frustrated, play something else and return again! Report, IF you get any glitches, CTDs and bugs during your playthrough and go back to other games, which I'm 100% sure you have plenty of them to keep you occupied!!! :xf-smile:

You "suggest" to sell their engine to another big team/company? Then what? They go home? Or they start Mount & Blade 3?
"If you don't see what is going on behind the courtain, then don't talk like you already have the picture!"

Of course it's all about the money now! More money = more stuff, so faster and better satisfaction for the sonsumers! Do you know any Team that started big?

Dedicated @Mexxico? He was an employee who was given a job...
How can you be so sure that it was his job to be here and giving answers and support in the forums and getting the credit for the rest of the stuff?

They don't care? If you only could see beyond your ego...! :xf-frown:

OMG this toxicity and sarcasm in your posts man!
Dude, it is better keep your thoughts to your self...!

But honestly, how many times you bought an EA game in your life? I bet it was countless times...! (Mine was my first time, by the way..)
I was very satisfied from Warband and I wanted to support TW for something better and because I wanted, the Mount & Blade genre, to go on!
Ok, it has it's issues now, SO? Still lots of fans are having a lot of fun with it, even in it's current state!
I suggest you step out a couple of months, if you are so frustrated, play something else and return again! Report, IF you get any glitches, CTDs and bugs during your playthrough and go back to other games, which I'm 100% sure you have plenty of them to keep you occupied!!! :xf-smile:

You "suggest" to sell their engine to another big team/company? Then what? They go home? Or they start Mount & Blade 3?
"If you don't see what is going on behind the courtain, then don't talk like you already have the picture!"

Of course it's all about the money now! More money = more stuff, so faster and better satisfaction for the sonsumers! Do you know any Team that started big?

Dedicated @Mexxico? He was an employee who was given a job...
How can you be so sure that it was his job to be here and giving answers and support in the forums and getting the credit for the rest of the stuff?

They don't care? If you only could see beyond your ego...! :xf-frown:
Oh God the toxicity? What are we gonna do? Someone's feely feelings may get hurt, oh my God....

Hi, first impressions... strange objects' colors and rainbow portraits...

Has anyone verified the files so far ? Did it help ?
Yep same problem.

I've noticed Icons are at least all loading, so something has been fixed. (Before Icons, etc. wouldn't even populate most of the time). Very strange what does and does not cause the Icons to glitch. For instance I have Looters in my Party and their Icon loads okay, but the prisoner Looter Icon? Nope. Seems very odd to me they'd be populating from different sources, but perhaps they do.

mGEAHpb.jpg

Have you ever played a game where the forums are more interesting and have more depth than the game?

THIS IS THE ONE!

Back
Top Bottom