Beta Patch Notes e1.5.8

Users who are viewing this thread

is someone forcing you to play it ?
betas will crash and sometimes are unplayable
thats exactly what betas are for
goto 1.5.7 or wait till 1.5.8 gets "stable status"

i would love to play, but ill wait it out

1) No, I am not being forced to play it.
2) I didn't complain about crashes. This beta has been unplayable for most of 2 months.
3) I don't know what "that" you're referring to.
4) The point is that 1.5.8 should have been stable by now with a competent team.

Don't hold your breath.

Inappropriate language
If no one is tests it, then how will the bugs in 1.5.8 ever get fixed before the patch launches?

He is also correct. Betas are meant to be tested for bugs like these, even unplayable betas are meant to be tested so that the developers that can what's causing the issues.

Thirdly. You're playing an Early Access game that allows it's players to participate in the beta building of their next patch. These beta patches aren't meant "To be enjoyed", but to be tested :smile:

I would say you are an imbecile but I don't want a warning.

I re-installed, then verified files and no, it didn't help. Huge graphics problem.

Yours is actually better than mine.
Yeah, it looked like that in the first town i entered. Other towns are full of 'black death infested abominations of a people' and weapons are even goofier. However... after 1h playing i have not encountered any loading circles....it is sure ugly as hell but still fully loaded each time :grin:

If no one is tests it, then how will the bugs in 1.5.8 ever get fixed before the patch launches?

He is also correct. Betas are meant to be tested for bugs like these, even unplayable betas are meant to be tested so that the developers that can what's causing the issues.

Thirdly. You're playing an Early Access game that allows it's players to participate in the beta building of their next patch. These beta patches aren't meant "To be enjoyed", but to be tested :smile:

Dear Lune,

First of all - everything that you put out in public, you test it, not like nitty gritty detailed testing, but at least big things, that's a good practice.

Second - Steam also allows closed betas, thus anything that is put forward as an open Beta can be tested before you make it a public beta. So saying that Steam build is at fault is a weak excuse.

Third - playing game is not really testing, its wannabe testing. Most players don't report anything and those that do mostly report known bugs (or just their opinion of HOW game should be), but its better than nothing, sure.

But you can't do wannabe testing if the game doesn't work. Hope they'll have a good old retrospective after this is over to figure out what went wrong.

However... after 1h playing i have not encountered any loading circles....it is sure ugly as hell but still fully loaded each time :grin:
Forget about it. S**t hit the fan again... shortly after visiting smithy.
0sUmV.png

Chill, just verify your Steam files (could be possible that your files got corrupted with the update, there is nothing TW can do). This doesn´t happen to most of the players. TW can´t reproduce it. The game is bug free and awesome in their QA enviroment.

None of those bugs ever happened in their QA enviroment. Only some may be affected, like 3-5%. They can´t make sure that this game is working for everyone.

You only have bad luck. Also this is the testing release. You can all go to stable 1.5.7. You ask questions about the broken siege AI? What AI? It´s a fast paced game, TW doesn´t want strategic battles, the AI is fine!

Smithing? Also close to be finsished?

Alliance, diplomancy? No need! I love fighting the same lords in the same battle over and over again!

It´s also just an EA game. 1.5.7 is very stable. Everything is working as intended.

You don´t know how QA works! 1.5.8 is fine! I didn´t have a single crash while using the "gift" button! I also enjoy the sheep texture and the new
Battanian helmets! I even play this game for those late game stuff like more armor variety. So TW, please give me more helmets! After 5+ ingame hours I can sometimes even find high tier armor ingame without mods, that´s great!

Such a thrill to go from settlement to settlement to check if there is something I would like to have, or just grain.

Good job TW! Thanks! Keep going!

If you have issues just file a bug report and stop complaining!

When can I buy the console version?

I prefer playing it on a console, there are a lot of options which are not very console user friendly yet. Can you please focus on them? I know that you already got my money, but still please. I´m not sure if this game will run on my Xbox 360 with 1000 troops? So can you please make 200 hundred troops battle standard and focus on it?

I don´t think we need any options like playing with 720 or 840 troops. Low/Medium/High options should be enough.

I´m really happy with the devlopement. Keep up the good work!

EDIT:

Some kind of auto aim would be nice. It´s really hard to aim precisly with a controller.

Suggestion: Press LT quickly and then the X button for auto headshot? Only in SP of course. It is really hard to aim so make it more fast paced.

Last edited:
Chill, just verify your Steam files (could be possible that your files got corrupted with the update, there is nothing TW can do). This doesn´t happen to most of the players. TW can´t reproduce it. The game is bug free and awesome in their QA enviroment.

None of those bugs ever happened in their QA enviroment. Only some may be affected, like 3-5%. They can´t make sure that this game is working for everyone.

You only have bad luck. Also this is the testing release. You can all go to stable 1.5.7. You ask questions about the broken siege AI? What AI? It´s a fast paced game, TW doesn´t want strategic battles, the AI is fine!

Alliance, diplomancy? No need! I love fighting the same lords in the same battle over and over again!

It´s also just an EA game. 1.5.7 is very stable. Everything is working as intended.

You don´t know how QA works! 1.5.8 is fine! I didn´t have a single crash while using the "gift" button! I also enjoy the sheep texture and the new
Battanian helmets! I even play this game for those late game stuff like more armor variety. So TW, please give me more helmets! After 5+ ingame hours I can sometimes even find high tier armor ingame without mods, that´s great!

Such a thrill to go from settlement to settlement to check if there is something I would like to have, or just grain.

I prefer playing it on a console, there are a lot of options which are not very console user friendly yet. Can you please focus on them? I know that you already got my money, but still please. I´m not sure if this game will run on my Xbox 360 with 1000 troops? So can you please make 200 hundred troops battle standard and focus on it?

I don´t think we need any options like playing with 720 or 840 troops. Low/Medium/High options should be enough.

EDIT:

Some kind of auto aim would be nice. It´s really hard to aim precisly with a controller.

Suggestion: Press LT quickly and then the X button for auto headshot? Only in SP of course. It is really hard to aim so make it more fast paced.

I knew the second we got an updated controller friendly wheel panel and an option not be able to select how many damn troops we want in a battle that this was a **** show in the making. Perhaps someone should tell the leader his game is a dumpster fire? This EA is a disaster. Whatever, I am not wasting my time with this game anymore.

Last edited:
Hey, don´t behead the messenger :sad:

And remember to verify your Steam installation!

I would even go as far as suggest to uninstall and reinstall Bannerlord, this will resolve most of your issues. Bannerlord did just become a new game after I did this simple step.

Now my troops are even able to use 1 out of 3 siege ladders!

Those are the tricks TW don´t want you to be aware of.

Who needs wanderes (with a generic backstory) if your troops are able to climb at least one siege ladder?

Last edited:

EDIT:

STAN Games & Tutorials, is that you?

1.5.8 needs to be scrapped entirely, done nothing but destroy things. Just a suggestion. Just turned this on for a spin, okay back to other life.
They can't. Their code has already moved further and probably in the 1.5.8 there are already smth built for 1.5.9.
They need to stop working on console port and focus on fixing PC version - hard.

They also need to stop working on 3+ versions until they got at least the latest one fixed.

Otherwise this circle will repeat forever:

1.5.8 fixed, 1.5.9 released and a lot of stuff breaks again (hello old/new bugs), while fixing 1.5.9 they´ll work on 1.6.0 and that´s the circle.

It feels like they have X "departments" and department A got stuff Y ready and it works if you just focus on stuff Y, then department B got stuff Z ready and it works if you just focus on stuff Z. Then they throw this stuff together and release it with no testing and everything breaks.

Sure graphic / sound / whatever designers should also work on new armors and stuff like that, but let the code devs focus on fixing stuff before adding new stuff.

Yea, I know that I don´t know how software development works but I do know that I don´t own any other EA game that has that much issues. And most of them also have a beta branch, in most cases I also use the beta branch.

We are almost 1 year into this EA release! And major stuff (siege AI as an example) doesn´t get any focus as it seems. Start fixing the core features.

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?​

“While we do not have a set date for a full release at this moment in time, we expect that the game will be in early access for around a year.
So they are still (27.02.2021) claiming that this game will be finished "soon". Imagine you are a new customer and are on the fence deciding to buy it NOW. You would think it will be close to final release. Also the good reviews, seems like us forum people are the only ones who see or have those issues...we are really unlucky,

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?​

“The early access version of the game contains a wealth of content that will keep players engaged for many hours. While the early access version is very much stable and playable, players can expect to run into some obscure bugs and other issues while playing that we intend to locate and fix before the full release.

all in a vast singleplayer sandbox setting where no two playthroughs are the same.

A wealth of content: Doing the same battles over and over and over again to be maybe lucky to find some high tier armor in a settlement
Some obsucre bugs: Bugs that were fixed and are there again over and over and over again and still broken/unbalanced core features

Sure! Khuzait steamrolling everything for a year, but Mexxico was able to improve it a few months ago....because he listened...but will be gone soon....each playthrough is of course is different.

Sometimes your first battle will be against 5 looters and sometimes against 3 looters. Or your first caravan will be living for days or for weeks. Sometimes you even get the chance to exploit the broken smithing system in the early and not in the mid game! Sometimes you meet a useless medic wanderer with 1 int stat or an engineer with 4 strenght and 1 int. Who knows?

A honest EA description up to date would be a joke....like:

Why Early Access?​

We want the money! We have hyped the game for years, have shown you things that will never be in the game. It´s a good time to get your money now. It´s better to release it now until the reviewers will notice that a lof stuff we´ve shown isn´t in the game or they notice that most core features are unbalanced or even broken.

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?​

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?​

Core features will maybe working, we are not sure yet. We are still working hard to add those banners (that´s why we call it Bannerlord) to the game after 1 year. But they are in the game files, we alreadey have them.

What is the current state of the Early Access version?​

It´s a broken mess. Open field battles are kind of fun unless you´ve played like 10 or more of them. Then they all be the same. But we have developed a unique huge scale battlefield engine. So you have no choice if you want to play huge medieval battles. Otherwise you wouldn´t be interested in our game at all we guess. We also have a lot of unfinished or/and non working features. Imagine like a CK game but most stuff is broken and doesn´t have any impact. Like you can have children and you´ll play as your child when you die. But you can fight every battle as a single commander/unit if you like, otherwise there is also a auto resolve option if you want to focus on diplomancy (not yet implanted, maybe later, not sure yet). We don´t want this game to become to complex for those Call of Duty players on consoles, and there are a lot of them. So we also want to have some of their money. Keep it simple!

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?​

No! We already have a tripple A price. We can´t go much higher. We´ll get more money from the console release, that´s why we focus on the console port instead of fixing/balancing the game right now. We will maybe focus on fixing/balacning stuff after the console version is released.

How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?​

We´ll listen! We have a forum! But we´ll ignore any feedback. We do what we want and think that it´s the best for the game. We don´t really care about players that have already purchased the game. Our focus is to get new customers.

This would be honest!

Of course we know it´s not even close to be released, but we already paid....we are not important anymore. The new customers are important and of course the whole console players.

The new terrain battle map system looks great, but I won´t be able to enjoy it if the core game is still broken.

Remember the times when it was "after the refactor everything will be better"?

EDIT:

Added some "thoughts"....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom