Beta Patch Notes e1.5.8

Users who are viewing this thread

Regarding the missing companions and NPCs, we were able to find the reason behind it. Although it was a long process to reproduce the same issue (we tried on our own save files and the files from players), we were able to reproduce the issue after sometime when we first got the reports about it. The fix is currently being tested but there are some new issues that resulted from the fix that we also need to fix. We hope to push it as soon as possible when we are able to. Sorry for any inconvenience!
Aww i really hope that we still get patch this week, i am looking forward to the new scenes for vlandia and empire castles and cities

Me neither. Anyways, lets hope they prepare the surprise we all wait for (no i am not saying about more bugs). :grin:
Again, talking with some, minimal knowledge: there is a very trivial yet simple song/riddle about the coding:
"99 bugs in the line of code, 99 bugs in line
Take one down, patch it around
120 bugs in the line of code!"
So bugs are just immenant.... Best we can do is help TW to patch them. Remember that 2 games, or rather 2 playthroughs can be dramatically different. I, for example, had the "icons dissaperaing" bug once. and ive been playing about 20smth hours on 1.5.8. Just be patience.

I hope so. Need to start over again with the new improvements so there is not need to play until the next update for me. Plus the mid to end game(is there an end to this game other than boredom?) is a snoozer. I have never played long enough for my MC to die and be replaced by the next in line. Maybe it would be nice if there was a retire button for the MC or a peaceful transfer of power button.

Again, talking with some, minimal knowledge: there is a very trivial yet simple song/riddle about the coding:
"99 bugs in the line of code, 99 bugs in line
Take one down, patch it around
120 bugs in the line of code!"
So bugs are just immenant.... Best we can do is help TW to patch them. Remember that 2 games, or rather 2 playthroughs can be dramatically different. I, for example, had the "icons dissaperaing" bug once. and ive been playing about 20smth hours on 1.5.8. Just be patience.
Take it easy mate. I am patient :wink: I know there will be more bugs, this is why i play beta :wink: To help get rid of them. Peace

EDIT: Nice coding song by the way, didn't hear it :smile:

Maybe you should then also test the Steam build? I´m sure that most players bought the game on Steam and I´m also sure you can "buy" your own game from Steam so you have the same setup as most of us players when testing new releases?

Or just keep releasing untested versions, that´s fine too of course.

tenor.gif

Roadmap for bugs incoming? :wink:
While I share your sentiment, I'm not quite sure you understand how software development works (or at least QA and bugfixing). In order to fix a bug, you have to be able to reproduce it in a debug environment where you can follow the process through the code. Without a reproduction case, fixing a bug in a large project is very difficult to near impossible. Without being able to run through that reproduction case in a debug environment, fixing a bug is also very difficult to near impossible. The problem with a bug occurring in a live environment but not a test environment is that there is no way for the devs to be able to determine where in the code it is occurring, which makes it a needle in a haystack. So owning a Steam copy and testing it on there should be a part of their QA workflow, but it only helps them to be aware of problems, not to actually fix them.

I work in software development, spending a lot of my time on bug fixing, and it is very difficult without a reproduction case and being able to reproduce it in debug. I'm not saying this to excuse TW's buggy software, development process, or management, but hopefully to provide some perspective to those that don't know what it's like.

I do firmware development so it is pretty far from this sort of thing but I was surprised that a build takes place on Steam that is outside of their ability to replicate. I would have assumed that they periodically upload images to Steam or point Steam to their repo.

I do firmware development so it is pretty far from this sort of thing but I was surprised that a build takes place on Steam that is outside of their ability to replicate. I would have assumed that they periodically upload images to Steam or point Steam to their repo.
that is what I have been saying, their is an additional source outside of them (steam db) that can cause problems they aren't able to detect before release and in 1.5.8 case, just a disaster to try and test. So while a lot of my ideas are not doable as I am not experienced at all in development, I try to offer ideas so we can try to make the process easier for all. Why not at least consider options, people are eager to dismiss things all the time. Would it really be a disaster to offer some people 24 hours to test a new branch to see if they can detect major problems in beta branch before it goes to everyone and they have to wait weeks for a fix? How would that at all be bad for anyone, I can only see positives from it, but people are so quick to dismiss things because of course the phrases "early access" or "beta branch" have become excuses when things go wrong instead of just taking a step back a moment and see what can we do to help ensure things like this don't happen again. Why not at least talk or consider the ideas instead of criticizing them so quickly.
As I said I just try to offer suggestions to try and make the process easier for all but I am not very knowledgeable in these areas so I just throw out ideas in the hopes maybe one can help in the long run, because we all know we are far from over with early access.
So TW I extend the olive branch, let's talk about ideas, let's try and make things better, at least try... what can it hurt????

While I share your sentiment, I'm not quite sure you understand how software development works (or at least QA and bugfixing).
You´re right, I don´t know how QA works. But I do know that I discovered all the major issues (bandits, icons, wanderers) with 1.5.8 within 2-3 hours while just playing the game.

I didn´t claim that TW should never release an update without any bugs but without obvious bugs which like 99% of all players found within 2-3 hours. I don´t have to work in QA for that.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As I said, we are not talking about obscure bugs that only occur in some rare specific situations...I´m totally "fine" with this kind of bugs because that why the game is in EA and even has a beta. Like the game crashes when it´s full moon and you drink something while you perform a left click.

There's always the token "you don't know how software development works" post; about once every 3 weeks in here lol.
I also work in software development, so it's always funny to see how some "experienced" developers are making excuses that "you noo know how dis works!".

Everything points to problems in development lifecycle either a parallel refactoring of code is taking away QA resources or they are working on parallel console port.

Steam build shouldn't impact game files (i.e. loading of textures), but if it does (somehow) then it's usually good idea to deliver stuff to closed beta before open beta, for testing purposes, the fact that they didn't means that beta builds are not tested by QAs, but are coming straight from developers. If that would have been said out loud, it would manage open beta tester expectations a bit better, so would mean less fuss in the forums.

Also please don't forget that Steam or any other platform can download the game files improperly. We don't have any control over that. IF the patch files a player downloads is corrupt and the game is working without a problem on our end, the only thing we can suggest is to verify or a clean reinstall.

Hotfix 26/02/21

Singleplayer​

Crashes
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when pressing the 'Gift' button in the kingdom fief menu. (Also in e1.5.7 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when the 'Gather all companions' option was selected in a tavern. (Also in e1.5.7 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a crash that occurred after the 'Assemble the Dragon Banner' conversation with 'Arzagos'. (Also in e1.5.7 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a crash that could occur after losing a battle with an army. (Also in e1.5.7 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when a crossbow was equipped by cavalry agents.
Fixes
  • Fixed an issue with disorganised parties not losing their speed penalty until they bought or sold an item or recruited troops. The speed penalty for disorganised parties is now removed after several in-game hours. (Also in e1.5.7 hotfix.)
  • Fixed an issue that prevented AI parties from assaulting the castle when the player was in a settlement that was being besieged. (Also in e1.5.7 hotfix.)
  • Fixed an issue with clans not wanting to make peace even if they have several enemies. (Also in e1.5.7 hotfix.)
  • Fixed an issue with the plus (+) and minus keys (-) not working properly in the inventory. Now, + and - buttons buy/sell all items when combined with CTRL. (Also in e1.5.7 hotfix.)
  • Fixed an issue with the 'Family Feud' quest that caused the player to get stuck in a mission after solving a quest with the lord solution. (Also in e1.5.7 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a visual issue related to DLSS. (Also in e1.5.7 hotfix.)
  • Fixed an issue that granted passive relations bonuses when placing a child in a settlement. (Also in e1.5.7 hotfix.)
  • Fixed an issue with AI archers failing to fire at mounted enemies until they were too close. Now they will start shooting sooner.
  • Fixed an issue with 'Guaran' using the wrong civilian outfit templates.
  • Fixed an issue with decreased troop count in common areas.
  • Fixed an issue with thugs offering mercenary services in common areas.
Changes
  • Added the missing 'Calculating' trait icon on the character screen. (Also in e1.5.7 hotfix.)

Last edited:
im not playing but watching a twitch stream and it looks like the guy cannot join ongoing battles

edit: looks lik after a restart it works again

Back
Top Bottom