Beta Patch Notes e1.5.8

Users who are viewing this thread

I can still craft 120K javelins. But never been able to craft anything worth more than like 120226 or something, seems to be a cap for me, no matter what i try.

Also it is completely broken that way it only calculates. 2 handed pole-arm, 120k, but add 1-handed option but still same 2-handed damage, then it takes 1-handed price and its worth less than 1k
How this feature was ever put into the game in this state is mind puzzling.

if i remember correctly, they have reduced the value of equipments (arms, armor, bows) so you will profit less from smith and from loot
And these are the only ways to gain quick money. I'm not a fan of buying 30 sheeps and running around the map searching for a place where I can sell them with +10 coins difference.

if i remember correctly, they have reduced the value of equipments (arms, armor, bows) so you will profit less from smith and from loot
Thanks, you are right.
I can still craft 120K javelins. But never been able to craft anything worth more than like 120226 or something, seems to be a cap for me, no matter what i try.

Also it is completely broken that way it only calculates. 2 handed pole-arm, 120k, but add 1-handed option but still same 2-handed damage, then it takes 1-handed price and its worth less than 1k
Ok, i was curious and spent some time in the forge ;p Reaching 257 and i am again able to craft 150k pieces ;P - two handers mostly,
Litteraly you need to change the grip and the differencein price is enormous.
How this feature was ever put into the game in this state is mind puzzling.
Yup, hopefully days of this exploit are counted.

Honestly i would like to keep chances for crafting excellent masterwork (with the price equal ~50k at most vs current 150k imo) ingame. But it should be harder to get there. Currently you spent couple ingame months to become excellent smith.... plus smelting pugios and southern throwing daggers kills the whole point of "loot recycling". Leveling here is also quite an exploit. Couple of ideas i see easy to implement to make this skill much more rewarding:

- You should not be able to make two handers or any other elite weapon before you reach a certain point. Like very high. Now you relese those items with lower stats but your skill progress is skyrocketing.
- You should be able to seriously wound/kill yourself and/or companions as it would probably happen in the real life without proper training and skill. It believe it was implemented to some extent, maybe before you approach the forge game could give you a one time warning that this may happen.
- I also think that associating smithing skills with reaching certain perks in the Athletics leader (like it is with former "Disciplinarian") should allow you to reach above certain level.
- 50k Masterworks should be available as the ultimate reward of reaching the litereally top in the proffesion.
- Weapon price should be impacted by the raw material prices*, how much elite is the weapon and smithing skills. Only meeting all should allow you to make real gamechangers.

*) Maybe more of those skill's interactions can affect your selling prices. E.g. your character is high on speech, trade and roguery, therefore he can sell crafts with a much higher price but his reputation with the clan that is owning the town and its inhabitants will drop significantly making him "persona non grata" in those parts. I am not sure if this would be an easy to implement to the game.

I believe TW is aware, they will change it no doubt.

Last edited:
And these are the only ways to gain quick money. I'm not a fan of buying 30 sheeps and running around the map searching for a place where I can sell them with +10 coins difference.
The main way of making quick money is to beat up bandits/armies, ransom the survivors and sell their gear; preferably combining with a quest or two to maximise rewards. There are many ways of making much more profit than that on trading, too (you can make at least +10 on many basic commodities on relatively short routes; +100s on certain valuable four legged creatures).

Is there maybe a hotfix rolling out soon (praise his name) ?
I get after 20 Minutes a infinity loading sign in the unit picture and the wanderers are also disappearing. Thanks.

I want my old battlesize option back.
Because of the new update, i can no longer choose between 700 and 800 and must play with around 150 men less. Also the whole battle size of warband.
1000 is too much for my pc, 700 to 800 was stable and now i have to choose 600, because the rest is not longer here :/

I want my old battlesize option back.
Because of the new update, i can no longer choose between 700 and 800 and must play with around 150 men less. Also the whole battle size of warband.
1000 is too much for my pc, 700 to 800 was stable and now i have to choose 600, because the rest is not longer here :/
Just like Warband, we wait till the game is finished and let mods make the game great, Not TW but modders

By the way, people. what is the state of workshops ATM? Do they bring any profit or is it still a pathetic 100 gold per day?

If you pick one at random, 100-250 per day. If you pick a good one, 300-400 or occasionally more.
Any hint on picking a good one? When I tried to open a smithy in a town where there was a village producing Iron Ore - I had no more than 150 gold per day.

Any hint on picking a good one? When I tried to open a smithy in a town where there was a village producing Iron Ore - I had no more than 150 gold per day.
Short answer wool weavery in 4 most Khuzuit towns, longer more detailed answer I got a video showing each town and estimated profits, I would say workshop income is slightly higher in 1.5.8 than in 1.5.7

Smithies never seem to make much money - a 'good one' is where a town has two or three villages producing the same raw material, either directly linked or linked to a castle local to a town (except silversmiths) - and smithies tend to only have one village producing iron. I also try and avoid areas difficult for villagers around bandit hideouts (which unless I own the town, I'll leave in place for occasional bandit hunting). Wool weaveries tend to good, breweries often, some olive/wine presses, silversmiths (only require one silver producing village). Tanneries, smithies and carpenters average - with smithies probably at the low end. Town prosperity, not too much war and lack of bandits help.

Pottery in Pen Cannoc. It has 2 clay producing villages and it's cheap to buy for the workshop. The produced pottery that you see on sale can be sold for around 70 denars/piece in the nearby towns.
One trick is to buy workshops from very powerful notables. If the notable is powerful, chances are that his workshop makes good money, but this has not always been the case in my game. As someone else said, smithies are a bad option.

The main way of making quick money is to beat up bandits/armies, ransom the survivors and sell their gear; preferably combining with a quest or two to maximise rewards. There are many ways of making much more profit than that on trading, too (you can make at least +10 on many basic commodities on relatively short routes; +100s on certain valuable four legged creatures).
You can even buy donkeys and sumpter horses for 60-80 and sell them 250+ to 350+ in most Towns!!!

By the way, why is this "complicated" feature, of locked weapons, has been put in the game?
Messages popping up to choose if I want a locked weapon to be smelted or not? This is not needed, in my opinion.
Locked weapons just shouldn't bee able to appear in the smelting section, as simple as that!

Finally, is it just MY game or are you guys getting this bug where all or most of the item icons are always loading, portraits not showing at all and unit icons disappear as well...? :confused:
Unmodded!

Thanks!

Last edited:
mules, desert horses and Aserai horses from Askar to all Vlandian towns except Charas is an easy way to double or triple your money, if in super high demand a lot more,
I use that to get 125 trade just for Artisan Community to get clan tier 6 in under 800 days

Back
Top Bottom