Beta Patch Notes e1.5.8

Users who are viewing this thread

If it's all the same between 600 and 1000, then it's not conveying anything. And yes I'll bring up adding 1 or more divisions between 600 and 1000.

Are you referencing the battle size slider? If yes, can you elaborate on what do you mean by console performance, in relation to this change?
I am not a fan of the direction of the game, nor of the battle sizer change. It may be that the battle sizer has nothing to do with console, I don't know, I am venting frustration. But that does not change my general view of the game.

Are you referencing the battle size slider? If yes, can you elaborate on what do you mean by console performance, in relation to this change?
Well, the reason for the change implies the player doesn't know how PC works... which would make sense if it was a consideration for a console... however in ps4 warband the size is just locked at the point before it would effect performance but has a a slider. Then again with multiple versions of systems now and possibly desire for multi console release (ps4, ps4 pro, ps5) an option with out a hard lock might let you make 1 version downloadable for multiple systems.

I like to use the slider to manipulate how many annoying horse archers I fight at once so I'm sad to see that ability go.

Couldn't you just keep the slider but attach a label next to it which changes from Very Low to Max depending on what the slider's set at? Then you give players the feedback they need while also letting them fine-tune their settings as they like
I think this is a far better idea. Any changes that result in less control over our experience are ones I am not fond of. Bringing back the slider would allow people to customize their experience in a more meaningful way.

Well, the reason for the change implies the player doesn't know how PC works... which would make sense if it was a consideration for a console... however in ps4 warband the size is just locked at the point before it would effect performance but has a a slider. Then again with multiple versions of systems now and possibly desire for multi console release (ps4, ps4 pro, ps5) an option with out a hard lock might let you make 1 version downloadable for multiple systems.

I like to use the slider to manipulate how many annoying horse archers I fight at once so I'm sad to see that ability go.
The performance options are generally not even visible to the players on consoles. Only Performance or Quality modes. This option(as well as other performance options) would be invisible in consoles.

I can certainly bring up adding 1 or more divisions between 600-1000. I'll bring it up internally.
please do
i used to play with 750 cause that was fine between my sys spec and the performance i found after some testing
but i could live with 700 or 800

Since I'm trying the 1.5.8. I have lot of problems with the icon ingame. They never stop loading. It's annoying. I don t see portraits, inventory etc.

Tryied to verify the data via steam etc, but nothing changed.

Thx for the help

For what its worth I'm doing fine with 1,000 with a Nvidia RTX 2070 SUPER. I suspect with a 3080 I may be able to do more if the graphics card is the bottle neck. Unlimited corpses doesn't hurt performance either.

Then it's a range, and that's not really the information that we're trying to convey.

- If 1000 is max, what is 999? Is it high or max or custom?
- Is 601 max or still Very High?
- On non determined(not 200-300-400-500-600) numbers, is the slider going to say "Custom" or something else?
- Does the player need to select every overall(Low-High etc.) option and look at the slider to understand the corresponding number or try to hit these specific numbers by chance?
How about bringing back the slider, but have a "performance impact %" that changes along with the slider in increments of 10 troops?
That way 1000 troops would show as "100% impact on performance", and everything in between will have nice 1% increment each tied by 10 troops.
You can make any percentage as the bookmark for any overall option you'd like, while not taking away the full control of the slider.

How about bringing back the slider, but have a "performance impact %" that changes along with the slider in increments of 10 troops?
That way 1000 troops would show as "100% impact on performance", and everything in between will have nice 1% increment each tied by 10 troops.
That looks a really good idea. My surprise is that players do not realise battle size will have an effect on performance. I mean that is one of the first things I would reduce if battles were laggy.

You can make any percentage as the bookmark for any overall option you'd like, while not taking away the full control of the slider.
I would imagine performance impact would be 100% at 600 and go above 100% after very high but in the end I would argue introducing another metric like "performance impact%" would complicate things even more.

I see adding one or more divisions between 600 and 1000 as the best in between solution.

I would imagine performance impact would be 100% at 600 and go above 100% after very high but in the end I would argue introducing another metric like "performance impact%" would complicate things even more.

I see adding one or more divisions between 600 and 1000 as the best in between solution.
what about having an "advanced mode" button that unlocks the slider?

What is complicating things IMO, is that for some reason the "sound channels" option is totally messing up those overall options you want to attach to battlesize numbers, making them completely arbitrary, much more compared to any other option.
Those two options together seem to be impacting performance exponentially depending on one another, meaning 1000 troops on 256kb sound quality might run VASTLY better than 600 on 512kb sound quality (and actually does on my system, the last time i tested)
That's one thing.
Other thing is, i think at its core, this option (battlesize) is not going well with the dropdown divisions at all.
More so, i think having that many divisions (6+) then defeats the whole idea behind dropdown options, and just represents the gimped version of the slider, which is the way M&B fans have been selecting this option since times immemorial.
In any way, i do hope everything turns out neat in the end.

Haven't played in 6 months. DL the newest patch and play game. Game crashes after fighting in Varcheg doing a quest mission. Noticed a loading image for all inventory except food items. Probably going to give game another break.

I second this. The gap between 600 and 1000 is quite big. I usually played with a limit of 800, which is now no longer available. Maybe set the limits at 400, 600, 800 and 1000?

If having the old slider back for battle sizes is truly no longer an option- despite the unanimous voice shown in this thread so far- then I would prefer options every 100 troops, every 50 would be even better. Personally I would even prefer the option to make battles even larger, but I would guess the devs have some reasons for not making this possible

Last edited:
I have a question. Are old save games Compatible with each new build or should I start a new game every build update. Like 156 to 157 or 157 to 158 etc. I've been using the same save game from 156 to the new 158 beta. Is that a bad idea?

Back
Top Bottom