Beta Patch Notes e1.5.8

Users who are viewing this thread

So no hotfix for missing icons and textures until tuesday? Feels bad man
1.5.7 no problems? anyone?

What I liked was being able to have both versions, beta and Stable, installed on the same PC and being able to use one for pleasure and another to help find bugs.

So somebody mentioned loosing relations when a lord dies in your battle and I can confirm I'm getting the stream of messages like when you execute a lord, after a enemy lord dies in battle. This is a crappy new feature. If you wanted maybe a special *NEW* thing like a grudge or "so and so swears vengeance" that added something to the game I'd back it, but just pasting in the same crappy, unpopular, useless relation loss from executions is a bad bad thing to do.

Is it a bug of a horrible new feature that makes the game worse?

So somebody mentioned loosing relations when a lord dies in your battle and I can confirm I'm getting the stream of messages like when you execute a lord, after a enemy lord dies in battle. This is a crappy new feature. If you wanted maybe a special *NEW* thing like a grudge or "so and so swears vengeance" that added something to the game I'd back it, but just pasting in the same crappy, unpopular, useless relation loss from executions is a bad bad thing to do.

It's the least risky way of trying to add immersion to the mess of code this game is.

Guys, I started a new campaign, everything is fine. However, after an hour of play, all the bandits disappeared from the map! I play without mods. Did anyone have such a problem?
Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord Beta e1.5.8

Yes I always let enemy lords free after a battle to increase relationship for later in the game. Now this is implemented might as well just ransom them. Not sure TW ever think about the outcomes of their actions.

Guys, I started a new campaign, everything is fine. However, after an hour of play, all the bandits disappeared from the map! I play without mods. Did anyone have such a problem?
Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord Beta e1.5.8
I have continued a 1.5.7 game to 1.5.8 and bandits are all over the bloody place.

I've gotten in the practice of putting HA in formation 2 so they line up in a 'line' and are useful, but I'm noticing now that doesn't work and they go onto the useless pile of garbage formation again.

There's nothing okay about this or really any single thing about how TW thinks the units should be deployed or arrange themselves!
Please give me pre-battle placement and let me have full 100% control of how troops format!

I wonder if somebody is making bad changes to try to mask the poor AI.
And they barely shoot the enemy HA now too.

Last edited:
I'm seeing some very nice improvements, but a ton of bugs...massive numbers of desert bandits (like if you attack one band, you find your self in a battle with 150 plus bandits because there were so many nearby bands that got drawn into the battle. Clan caravans make a ton of money now (for me anyways), but they don't show up on the map, and it seems the game is unaware I have any as it lets me create more than the supposed limit for my clan level, moving troop formations around in battle causes random and radical changes in their formations. Cursor isn't the correct cursor after a battle (shows a blocked symbol circle with a slash through it).

I'm thinking there needs to be a lot of hot patches coming out, or something went wrong with my download of the new beta.

This game has huge width (lots of places, maps, options), but not enough depth (character interactions, nobles that are heads of clans are too spread out). I miss the interactions of the original game, but I don't know if you can get that kind of feel with such a large scale map.

Has to be said most clothing on body textures don't seem to load, the ones on the map are similarly iffy, no bandits bar looters, icons not showing at all. This does feel like the worst beta so far in terms of stability.

So sister chose engineering now, is this random or by designed or does something effect it? This is her first education choice to pop up. In old no-skill versions I make her a steward.

Appears to give me an option to add a 6th FP to engineering, will it just waste it or will it do something?

The other options are kinda crappy, if she's the engineer she can't do any of the other stuff offered...

Back
Top Bottom