Beta Patch Notes e1.5.8

Users who are viewing this thread

Rebooting helps for a while, as this problem appears over and over again. I play on a clean version 1.5.8 without mods. Previously, this problem was not observed. Only now, at 1.5.8
same in my gameplay, i just started fresh for this beta patch, the game starts ok and after a while icons start to disappear and they cannot load again, also sometimes when the scene changes, my cursor disappears and i have to restart the game in order to fix it (im playing pure beta)

The icons not loading problem is available for all factions. That's new for 1.5.8. In previous patches, the icons eventually loaded, but here it's infinite. The worst thing is that you cannot see troop avatars in recruitment, upgrade and encyclopedia screens.
Restarting the game did not help it.
They're probably release a hotfix soon.

+1 for cursor disappearing, I was rotating the map with right-click held down when a conversation started. Soft locked in the conversation with no cursor even in the esc menu ?

New content patch notes

Added 9 Battanian helmets.
Added three cheering animation variations. Different cheering animations will now play depending on the result of the battle.
Added Pillaging: Players and AI can now choose to 'Devastate', 'Pillage' or 'Show Mercy' to settlements that have been successfully sieged.
  • 'Devastate' and 'Pillage' can damage the prosperity and projects of a settlement, as well as, diminish the power of notables in towns. Naturally, the previous settlement owner won’t be too happy about the destruction of their former home. However, the participants of the siege will see their coffers and party morale rise. Still, lords and ladies may or may not approve of the action depending on their traits.
  • 'Show Mercy' allows the winners to take over the settlement without causing too much harm to it or its inhabitants. While this is expected for settlements of one’s own faction culture, showing mercy to foreign settlements will cause unrest among the troops. Just as with the other choices, some nobles will approve or disapprove of the action.
Added all of the remaining combat-related engineering perks (10 in total).
'Pick Them of the Walls' and 'Make Them Pay' perks have been implemented.
New quest called "Raid an Enemy Territory"? Not mention in patch notes.

Can we "Devastate" and "Pillage" without taking over a town? I think that's what alot of people, atleast I, wanted. Sometimes we don't want to expand beyond our capabilities, but simply weaken enemies on our borders.

Can we "Devastate" and "Pillage" without taking over a town? I think that's what alot of people, atleast I, wanted. Sometimes we don't want to expand beyond our capabilities, but simply weaken enemies on our borders.
Indeed. They can add a "Abandon settlement" checkbox below for "Devastate" and "Pillage" options. This, though, would require adding more calculations for the AI. For example, the AI would choose to "abandon" only if the manpower costs of taking said settlement is low, or if they have depleted most of their forces in the battle and are unable to populate the new garrison.

That would've been nice. I've never seen any point in pillaging and devastating in TW series - you pillage the town just to get a bunch of ultimately angry people and very low prosperity-wise city which drags your economy down.

Right, so the requested feature was implemented with the most important aspect of it left out.

Great job. I look forward to destroying a town before occupying it. Sounds like a fantastic idea.

They're being developed, not scrapped.
It would be great if some thinsg get further tweeked/fixed.

The battle is as usual Warband style a huge clusterf**k of brainless AI where we can see heads,half of the npcs body,hands going throu npcs heads,body,shields,soldiers morfing/combining with one another DBZ style/siamesse twin style all due to the clustering stuff.

Devs deffinetly should also create some line mechanics where AI/NPC form lines and then instead of all of the lines attacking instead we get the 1st contact line then 2nd and maybe if needed 3rd lines being engaged in the fight while the remaning lines stay put/alert/ready to engage BUT they not engage and just wait for a comrade from front to fall to fill its spot.

That way in battle the computer/system wont need to constantly calculate NPCs/AIs animation/movements who arent even engaged at all in combat BUT instead would save system/relive system from calculating all of that mess and focus on first 2-3 lines of combat (depending on the space of contact closed in door fighting or filed fight).That way it will free alot of memory space bcs the non engaged NPCs/AI will stay in one combat motion and would wait without activating any animation or moving until its needed to fill the gap in lines that lost a soldier.

I think i mentioned somewhere this type of aproach alongisde for devs to make AI/NPC pathing inside gates better by SIMPLY after the first gate is breached by ram then all it need is that soldiers mounted/operate on ram MOVE the ram atleast/minimum 10 steps back from the breached gate or after the breaching of the gate move the ram to the side and that way they would clear the path for the soldiers to easly without ram obstruction clearly go to breach the second gate without morfing/merging with each other and causing pathfinding problems just bcs ram is messing with the pathfinding due to being right in front of the gate.

If i remmember correctly sugested somewhere both of the things from army AI aproacing battles/tight corner battles to the atleast temporary fix moving the ram away post breaching the first gate BUT my sugestions were comleatly ignored.

I hope these things get looked over/glanced over and not ignored.

Is there a settlement abandonment option in the game? When was that added?
No, just abandon it. Don't give it a garrison, don't set any policies to help security or loyalty. Either whoever you're at war with will recapture it, or it will rebel. Or if you grant it to a vassal and they manage to keep it going, good luck to them.

There must be some misscommunication happening here, because what I'm talking about is abandoning mechanical ownership of a town/castle; not simply leaving the town/castle with yourself and your party. Inhabiting a settlement after destroying it is madness, the settlement would be much more of a liability than an asset. This also happens to be the case sometimes even without actually pillaging a settlement, because the town is simply too far away from any other settlements your faction owns or whatever. It is for that purpose the game sorely needs an option to pillage towns without actually conquering them.

There are multiple benefits to a system like this: It removes the necessity to do some AI calculation by there not being a change in ownership of a settlement, both for the attacking and defending factions. It would increase internal faction stability for the defending faction by not giving further incentive to a clan to switch allegience due to losing their settlements. It would also really simplify my job for the reasons previously stated in regards to more smoothly ignoring a settlement which would've been a nuisance/liability to occupy.

It also wouldn't be too hard to implement. Some very simple calculations can be done for when only AI are deciding whether to take over a settlement or not: 1) "Is this settlement too far away from most of our other settlements?" 2) "If I were to accept this settlement, would I be able to tackle the increased garrison costs I'd have to pay to properly defend it?" And some other obvious parameters.

Essentially, when an AI party successfully besieges a settlement, first the people the settlement is offered to have to decide: "Do I even want it?", if not, then more and more vassals are asked the same question, until if everyone else in the faction has said no, the decision is left to the faction leader whether the faction should pillage & abandon, or just take over the town anyways.

Last edited:
I wish they would just copy these helmets and armor from this modder here.

Give him a 100-200 eur and a thanks in the credits or smth.
Except the italo-norman helmet, everything else is what i'd rather not have in Native, everything is from a completely different time period and would feel totally out of place, but for a DLC or something, sure why not.

It would be great if some thinsg get further tweeked/fixed.

The battle is as usual Warband style a huge clusterf**k of brainless AI where we can see heads,half of the npcs body,hands going throu npcs heads,body,shields,soldiers morfing/combining with one another DBZ style/siamesse twin style all due to the clustering stuff.

Devs deffinetly should also create some line mechanics where AI/NPC form lines and then instead of all of the lines attacking instead we get the 1st contact line then 2nd and maybe if needed 3rd lines being engaged in the fight while the remaning lines stay put/alert/ready to engage BUT they not engage and just wait for a comrade from front to fall to fill its spot.

That way in battle the computer/system wont need to constantly calculate NPCs/AIs animation/movements who arent even engaged at all in combat BUT instead would save system/relive system from calculating all of that mess and focus on first 2-3 lines of combat (depending on the space of contact closed in door fighting or filed fight).That way it will free alot of memory space bcs the non engaged NPCs/AI will stay in one combat motion and would wait without activating any animation or moving until its needed to fill the gap in lines that lost a soldier.

I think i mentioned somewhere this type of aproach alongisde for devs to make AI/NPC pathing inside gates better by SIMPLY after the first gate is breached by ram then all it need is that soldiers mounted/operate on ram MOVE the ram atleast/minimum 10 steps back from the breached gate or after the breaching of the gate move the ram to the side and that way they would clear the path for the soldiers to easly without ram obstruction clearly go to breach the second gate without morfing/merging with each other and causing pathfinding problems just bcs ram is messing with the pathfinding due to being right in front of the gate.

If i remmember correctly sugested somewhere both of the things from army AI aproacing battles/tight corner battles to the atleast temporary fix moving the ram away post breaching the first gate BUT my sugestions were comleatly ignored.

I hope these things get looked over/glanced over and not ignored.
I don't know why they didn't done those changes yet, there is a mod that does this and the game becomes much better

It's a nice addition and will certainly add a dynamic. It just seems to me that there are a lot of quality-of-life improvements and fundamental classic M&B features that are low-hanging fruit but have not been harvested.

You are definitely right about that and there is a alot of more work that has to be done for sure. Especially when it comes to end game and more rpg elements and interactions. Like I want to use my throneroom for some cool post war gatherings where I can give out extra rewards and stuff to my faithfull bannermen. Things like that would be cool

Back
Top Bottom