Beta Patch Notes e1.5.8

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't know why some of you are fawning over this. This all seems like minor stuff. The game needs much more fundamental and ambitious additions.

In a huge simulation that is Bannerlords Calradia one change like capture options is a huge thing that will change the world dynamic and the playthroughs alot. Maybe doesen't seem as much for just the arsenal of things the player can do but on the larger scale it's pretty huge.

Are capture options minor though? That feature alone has gigantic implications for game balance, which requires extended internal testing.
it feels pretty big, and reducing notable power by pillaging sounds really cool. I wonder if pillaging a village also reduces notable power, I think it really should. I'd also like it if the AI lords will also be less prone to pillaging villages, depending if they are good-natured etc, and if the bandits could pillage as well... Also more options to properly defend a village from raids, like walls, more militia projects etc would be great in the case of bandits being able to raid villages.

it feels pretty big, and reducing notable power by pillaging sounds really cool. I wonder if pillaging a village also reduces notable power, I think it really should. I'd also like it if the AI lords will also be less prone to pillaging villages, depending if they are good-natured etc, and if the bandits could pillage as well... Also more options to properly defend a village from raids, like walls, more militia projects etc would be great in the case of bandits being able to raid villages.
Does it feel really that big? It sounded like just an option on the menu for me. Would've been way cooler to actively pillage yourself house by house with your troops, murder left over resistance and guillotine the leaders.

Thanks for the update :smile:

Order of companions in the Character screen has been messed up. It used to be MC > family > companions in order recruited; now appears pretty random (brother and sister in the middle, wife last, companions not in the order they were recruited, or any other obvious order).

Here are the new helmets:

Ba-l-ks-z-1.png

Major issue: In my second looter conversation situation, my cursor disappeared. I was unable to choose any option and I had to Alt-F4. It happened when they chased me down.
Second issue: The game has some sort of Trash Item worth 1 denar, and the Oil model does not load.
ZzxSh.png

Edit: All files have been validated. I do that every time I update the game.

Thank you for this update! These new cheering animations really look pretty good, any chance the player can use them aswell? Can't seem to trigger them through the cheering menu.

Major issue: In my second looter conversation situation, my cursor disappeared. I was unable to choose any option and I had to Alt-F4. It happened when they chased me down.
Second issue: The game has some sort of Trash Item worth 1 denar, and the Oil model does not load.
ZzxSh.png

Edit: All files have been validated. I do that every time I update the game.
Trash item was also in 1.5.7

It's been there for several iterations. Less common than it was around 1.5.3/1.5.4, when it (or 'stolen goods') was virtually guaranteed reward for a Caravan Ambush.
Trash item is the best reward for completed quest. I wish all quests had trash as a reward.

• Fixed a bug that prevented failed rebellion clans from being destroyed after 30 days.
Will rebel clans in bugged saves be destroyed on their own? Or do I need to start another game?

Armies
  • Improved a calculation to make AI parties more decisive when engaging enemy parties on the world map.

Kingdoms and Diplomacy
  • When a settlement's diplomatic state is changed (because of a change of owner, or a new war or peace declaration), all hostile parties that are inside will now leave the settlement. All hostile heroes without parties will be taken prisoner. All non-hostile heroes will be released.
  • Mercenaries will now leave a kingdom if they do not get paid for several days because the kingdom is bankrupt.
  • Kingdoms experiencing financial difficulties will now recruit minor factions less.
  • War/peace AI has been improved so that clans make more logical war/peace declarations. The importance of distance between kingdoms has been increased for these decisions. Kingdoms further apart tend to avoid war/peace/tribute deals between each other in most cases.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented failed rebellion clans from being destroyed after 30 days.
  • Fixed a bug that caused rebellion clan leaders to have the 'King' title in their name.
  • Initial position selection for dynamically created kingdoms has been improved.
  • Fixed a bug related to all player kingdom prisoners being bartered with the player automatically which lead to faulty notifications.
  • Fixed a bug that caused a lord to barter all of his gold for the player's daughter.

Settlement Actions (Town, Village, Castle and Hideout)
  • 200+ power headman notables now provide elite troops.
  • Fixed an issue that caused artisans to constantly lose power.
  • Notables at villages which are bounded by a castle now gain more power each day compared to others.
Thanks @mexxico , glad to see that these were accepted.

UI
Changes
  • Added a new casualty report option for non-hero troop kills/deaths.
  • Added a new option, Track Attacked Settlements, that automatically tracks settlements in the player's faction that are under attack. The 'Only Leader' option only tracks these settlements if the player is the leader of the faction.
  • Added a 'Lock Item' button to smelting items in the Smithy along with a warning if the player tries to smelt a locked weapon.
  • Inventory items of the same type are now arranged by their value when sorted by 'Type'. Same value items are sorted alphabetically.
  • Added a 'Continue Campaign' button to the main menu that loads the latest save game.
  • The player party now shows at the top of the scoreboard in battles.
  • Siege event icons on settlement nameplates are now visible during the bombardment phase.
  • Governor assignments in the Clan screen will now take place when the screen is closed to prevent unwanted teleportations of clan members.
  • Added a confirmation query to the game options on 'Cancel' if any changes have been made.
  • Improved the readability of generic inquiry popups.
  • Added a failed quest icon to the quests screen.
  • Added an escape menu to the character creation stages.
  • Removed the 'Enable Map Notifications' option since some notifications aren’t dismissible and are required for progression.
Thanks @emrozdemir , great to see these implemented!

By God tell me this is not a joke
I wish they would just copy these helmets and armor from this modder here.

Give him a 100-200 eur and a thanks in the credits or smth.

Back
Top Bottom