Beta Patch Notes e1.5.8

Users who are viewing this thread

Here's next week's patch notes:
NOT the real patchnotes
Art
  • Moved sheep asset 3c from co-ordinate 14.5150,100.031,10301.81 to co-ordinate 14.5150,100.031,10301.83
  • Changed the colour of Battanian helmet number 7 from blued steel to burnished copper
Performance
  • Performed a refactor for three and a half weeks that allows board games to require 0.0000000001% less CPU usage
Crashes
  • Fixed a bug that was preventing the player from marrying their daughter off to a mule
  • Fixed a bug that was allowing some members of the community to have a small amount of hope for the future

I LOVE that the red text was thought necessary and added by a mod lol ?

Who would seriously read it and think it was real ? ?

Because moderators have to assume that we are as dumb as a brick, which also happens to be what TW leadership / armagan assumes, judging by the the way this EA and game development is being handled.

inb4 ban because i insulted TW CEO

Why don't they seperate the console version and PC version though if mentioned changes to the battle commands screen are due to console release?
because they want us to suffer, they gave one thing working that no one complained throughout the entire early access only to take it away later

The same people who set the battle slider to 825 troops with their potatoe PC from 2012 and then send a bug report to TW because of the "bad" perfomance :wink:

We had many instances of players reporting bad performance in battles and in their options, the battle size option was maxed out. This is mostly because previously we didn't give enough information about the quality equivalence of this option. Players didn't know what to expect with the number they're selecting.

That´s how it works, dumb the game down to the most stupid players...that´s why we won´t get a "complex" game.

Maybe we should all say that we are too stupid to know how to use those siege ladders? Or maybe not, otherwise they´ll just remove them....

And they mean this for real :grin: . No offense for the dev of course! It´s not his fault, it´s the fault of the guy making those decisions:

"We got a few reports that the performance is crap!"
"Ok, what´s the problem?"
"Huge battle seems to be the issue!"
"Ok, what are the PC specs of those players and what troop size?"
"850 troops with their celeron CPU and vodoo graphic card."
"Ok, makes sense. We need to reduce the options! Make it less! Tell them that more troops mean less performance. This will also improve console performance, and console players don´t need options."
"Perfect!"

But it really is quite funny.

It´s like in an advertisment for a plate (9,99€) on a table with a iPhone next to it and the "*" sais:

*The table and iPhone are not included

And then think about Warband, the game we all love and bought (for 9,99€ if I remember correctly) and played for 500+ hours? Was it user friendly? I don´t think so.

I´ve read a review like years ago about it and thought it sounds like fun (was like 2-4 years after it´s release). I bought it and tried it. I had NO CLUE how to play this, the graphics sucked but I was interested. I "invested" like 10+ hours until I "understood" the game and it made BOOM!

Loved it and have 1000+ hours (about 200+ before I installed mods) in it....

Now we have good graphics and a dull and broken game with less options than Warband and it´s DLC (VC)....for 49,99€

But hey, it has good graphics and a VERY good engine. TW´s marketing (Gamescon trailer and whatever) game is much higher than back then with Warband....this sheep texture!

I´m just so dissapointed that this game could be THE medieval game of ALL times, but nope....better dumb it down.

But if you´re going for those console crowd (I´m also a console player too, so no offense for console players!) just dumb it down.....make it CoD Medieval with a small sandbox option....

Sales > all

Last edited:
Just here to suggest what others suggested as well for the "devastate" option after taking a settlement... to me too it makes the most sense to not take over the settlement when choosing that option, and to receive gold, and the town to be unusable for a while just like a village is after being raided. Hopefully this will be a thing, since it makes the most sense

Saw the new video

Still waiting for keep battles, poems, bards, weddings, feasts (how else will Vlandians become Swadian?), siege ai fix, banners, and expanded mod tools.

We better get full control over the starting stats in sandbox mode. I'm a bit concerned over what that videos shows, 10 year = 2fp and1 attribute?
I also notice the narrator said "skill" but no "skill" was shown. It'd be great to do some serious work on the character dev system ASAP. I effects the player experience from the moment of beginning the game until the very end.

Nice video but as there are such sad bugs like endless loading of images in squad tab or the trade tab shows no picture I am asking myself how long until they can release this state of the game.

Would love to see a hotfix today for this bug because it's so annoying.

I wonder how much will be implented and fixed in Vanilla version - ANd if they will leave it to modders to give the game some more spice/depths

Does anyone have a link or something where they tell about all their idears that they want to implent? Or is this just it? Small pieces from the big cake :smile:

Dear devs, please don't forget to make a save converter from story to sandbox. Don't want new playthrough, but also can't really play that unreasonable endless war with all, idiotic senate, istiana and still risen conspiracy quests.

I wonder how much will be implented and fixed in Vanilla version - ANd if they will leave it to modders to give the game some more spice/depths

Does anyone have a link or something where they tell about all their idears that they want to implent? Or is this just it? Small pieces from the big cake :smile:

Ya but that is the cake pieces we get :smile: but what is their overall visions/idears that they themselves is talking about and discuss to implent? This is their current decitions

We better get full control over the starting stats in sandbox mode. I'm a bit concerned over what that videos shows, 10 year = 2fp and1 attribute?
I also notice the narrator said "skill" but no "skill" was shown. It'd be great to do some serious work on the character dev system ASAP. I effects the player experience from the moment of beginning the game until the very end.
yes, character development is most important imo too... that's why I emphasize leveling progression, and those other aspects should also be worked upon very seriously.

Now I actually wonder if they're fixing progression next patch... because this system is kinda weird. Would starting at 30 years of age give me free focus points and attribute but my level stays the same (1)? Then they should clearly remove the 'reduce exp gain after level-up', or it would be very unfair to start at age 20 and actually gain experience slower than the older age characters, which makes no sense (because more focus in a skill earlier on but still level 1?). If the next patch will introduce fixes to the leveling system then I can finally play the game again and enjoy it, am really waiting to see

Last edited:
Saw the new video

Still waiting for keep battles, poems, bards, weddings, feasts (how else will Vlandians become Swadian?), siege ai fix, banners, and expanded mod tools.

Spoiler:

Callum - La Croqueta_TW = 2:0

Callum is a beast!

The battle terrain system looks great. Let´s hope they can fix the bugs and don´t introduce a lot of new ones....also finally a sandbox mode. It looks pretty simple but that´s ok of course, but why took it this damn long? :grin:

Back
Top Bottom