Beta Patch Notes e1.5.7

Users who are viewing this thread

I wonder if the crime syndicate function is still a thing. It was shown a few years ago on some Gamescom, I think, but now I don't see any difference between artisans, merchants and crime syndicates other than quests. Is it all still in development or abandoned long ago? Will we be able to create our own crime syndicate one day?
I am not entirely sure what you are referring to with crime syndicate, but the gangleaders are the only notables that can own alleys and generate power from it. Player owned alleys are something that we are still discussing but it may not make it.

Player owned alleys are something that we are still discussing but it may not make it.
Yep, that's what I meant. Right now, without that system, I don't see a point of beating up the gang leaders. What does it change? Nothing at all, thay may lose some of the power points, but that's that. They still sit on the very same place in the city, no other gang leaders take advantage on the weakness of the beated one, they replenish their strenght after a while. At the end, you have nothing but spoiled relationship with that leader and slightly increased with other gang leaders. What is the point?

I also do not understant other divisions, like merchants and artisans, and headsmen and landlords in villages. They are all look same to me, they do one and the same function of giving/not giving you troops and the only difference between them are quests. Maybe I'm missing something, but that's how I see this whole system after playing almost 600 hours from the very beginning.

Yep, that's what I meant. Right now, without that system, I don't see a point of beating up the gang leaders. What does it change? Nothing at all, thay may lose some of the power points, but that's that. They still sit on the very same place in the city, no other gang leaders take advantage on the weakness of the beated one, they replenish their strenght after a while. At the end, you have nothing but spoiled relationship with that leader and slightly increased with other gang leaders. What is the point?
Relations & power are currently the primary purpose (beyond being a framework that can/might be used for additions). If power falls too low for a notable (like a gang leader) and they do not own an enterprise (caravan/workshop/alley), they can also be permanently removed from a settlement. (Aka you keep the positive and lose the negative relation impact.)

Relations & power are currently the primary purpose (beyond being a framework that can/might be used for additions). If power falls too low for a notable (like a gang leader) and they do not own an enterprise (caravan/workshop/alley), they can also be permanently removed from a settlement. (Aka you keep the positive and lose the negative relation impact.)
I see. Looks a bit illogical to me though, that the town is recognized as prosperous while there are, for example 4 or 5 gang leaders. How can it be prosperous, if gangs are (usually) racketing merchants and terrorizing artisans, they do damage to town with their wars, making a stabbing spree on the streets.

Besiders, it kills some part of immersion to me, when you, being an owner of a town, MUST help the gang leaders (literally a scum, which makes your city worse), because their unfinished quests makes the loyalty go down. The system needs a serious tweaking to my mind.

Besiders, it kills some part of immersion to me, when you, being an owner of a town, MUST help the gang leaders (literally a scum, which makes your city worse), because their unfinished quests makes the loyalty go down.
That's not true. Their issue effects have positive effects on towns.

Back
Top Bottom