Beta Patch Notes e1.5.7

Users who are viewing this thread

post the most recent hotfix I decided an a roll a Vlandian campaign for the first time since EA release. We're about two years into the game and have had no wars since our short one with Sturgia at the initial game start. Is this normal? I feel like every other faction I've played as has gone from one war straight to the next. I've actually been doing the village quests and we have a lot of powerful notables and bored nobles. I know it will end, but this seems MUCH longer than normal.

In the city, the market is full of food, yet there is hunger in the city ?!
The population scatters and does not even want to buy food for a cheap price? What nonsense ... Remove population reduction debuffs from villages. If the player does not do the quests, the population falls, because of this, the population of the villages does not grow at all.
In update 1.5.7. The loading time of various menus increased dramatically: the screen of the squad, character, inventory and other. Optimization was not very successful ... In addition, yesterday after the hotfix, I started having problems with the font: some words on the screen began to overlap each other.
The town is eating -94.77 food a day and -8 eaten by your garrison. That's more food then the town has acces to ATM. Food in stores doesn't give food at a 1 to 1 level, it's more like 1/4 for grain, fish and meat and less for other foods (not sure). Go buy 200 grain and 200 fish and sell them to the store and you'll be sitting pretty in a day or so. Take any really good troops out of garrison incase they get disbanded during the first day because you have -1 on garrison. AT some point you need orchards and grain upgrades too.

Last edited:
Are notables still broken in 1.5.7? I'm thinking of starting a playthrough this weekend but don't want to do it if the state of the world becomes broken half way through.
I wouldn't call it broken, but yes Notables still have a chance of being lost if they have less than 100 power. In 1.5.6 there was a "bug" where almost all notables started with 200+ so it was rare for them to get lost and we had lots of noble troops. They fixed the "bug" in 1.5.7 so we are back to normal with notables being lost and it taking weeks for a new one to spawn (so technically not broken, just not desirable).

Honestly they should just drop the lost feature and make it to where power cant go below 0 and if you have negative relationship you can still do quests just at a massively reduced profit. This would get rid of the need to have notables get lost and no one would complain.

I wouldn't call it broken, but yes Notables still have a chance of being lost if they have less than 100 power. In 1.5.6 there was a "bug" where almost all notables started with 200+ so it was rare for them to get lost and we had lots of noble troops. They fixed the "bug" in 1.5.7 so we are back to normal with notables being lost and it taking weeks for a new one to spawn (so technically not broken, just not desirable).

Thank you for the excellent explanation.

This mod tries to address the issue but it appears to be old (2020 September):

If anyone knows a fix that keeps notables from disappearing I'd like to hear about it. Thanks.

Serious question. Were mules removed from the game? I can't find any.
No, I’ve seen a bunch in Battanian city’s for ~50 head. New playthrough post hotfix

Edit: Frogonard has the same info :smile:
I tried a new game today with latest beta and noticed at least one mule in Battanian lands.

Edit 2:
Food in stores doesn't give food at a 1 to 1 level, it's more like 1/4 for grain, fish and meat and less for other foods (not sure). Go buy 200 grain and 200 fish and sell them to the store and you'll be sitting pretty in a day or so.
I was not aware of the rough ratios, thanks for the information! It would be nice to have the actual numbers available in game somewhere.

Last edited:
The town is eating -94.77 food a day and -8 eaten by your garrison. That's more food then the town has acces to ATM. Food in stores doesn't give food at a 1 to 1 level, it's more like 1/4 for grain, fish and meat and less for other foods (not sure). Go buy 200 grain and 200 fish and sell them to the store and you'll be sitting pretty in a day or so. Take any really good troops out of garrison incase they get disbanded during the first day because you have -1 on garrison. AT some point you need orchards and grain upgrades too.
I know all this ... The question is, where is the logic and common sense? There is a lot of food in the city, but residents are still dying of hunger ...

They're greedy stinky merchants, they're gonna hoard all the food after a certain point. The merchants don't go away even if the settlement is sieged out and the militia and garrisons starve away right? So the notables and their friends must have still had food to eat even after the town has zero for a very long time.
This actually makes a lot of sense. Just look at what happened last year with toilet paper irl. Instead of flooding the markets, it would be nice if we had a way to feed the population directly. Maybe locked behind a construction?
“Food Donation Center:
This building allows for the government to distribute food directly to the populous in need through a communal storage”
Aka, it gives you a stash you can put food goods into that adds to the settlements food numbers.

Notables seem in a good spot in my playthrough.
There's the occasional village with only 1 left , but some have 4 and this RNG feels pretty good to me.
My issue is with noble recruits atm. Since they added the notable cycling mechanics , there's very few of them that provide nobles ( highborns / aserai youths etc )
I realise there's bandit upgrading and all , but perhaps more notable recruits would be nice , especially for empire , since i never figured out a way to get cataphracts through bandits.

post the most recent hotfix I decided an a roll a Vlandian campaign for the first time since EA release. We're about two years into the game and have had no wars since our short one with Sturgia at the initial game start. Is this normal? I feel like every other faction I've played as has gone from one war straight to the next. I've actually been doing the village quests and we have a lot of powerful notables and bored nobles. I know it will end, but this seems MUCH longer than normal.
@mexxico I noticed this too in one of my tests, although it was much later in the game and worldwide.

Notables seem in a good spot in my playthrough.
There's the occasional village with only 1 left , but some have 4 and this RNG feels pretty good to me.
My issue is with noble recruits atm. Since they added the notable cycling mechanics , there's very few of them that provide nobles ( highborns / aserai youths etc )
I realise there's bandit upgrading and all , but perhaps more notable recruits would be nice , especially for empire , since i never figured out a way to get cataphracts through bandits.
Yep this is my biggest issue with the recent bug fix, honestly 1.5.6 felt so good actually being able to recruit noble troops instead of being forced to get them through bandits (which doesn't make much sense in the first place, but ill take it if the current rate of nobles stays like this). The least they could do is ensure that more landowners (only notable that gives noble troops) start with close to 200 power.

@mexxico I noticed this too in one of my tests, although it was much later in the game and worldwide.
Still no war for Vlandia and it’s been about another year. Taking a look at the war logs:
- All major factions are at war with one minor faction, with almost no conflict taking place between them.
-There is only one war taking place among major factions.

Maybe the minor factions are limiting wars from taking place in the current calculations?

Edit: we declared war on Battania shortly after this post.

Last edited:
Still no war for Vlandia and it’s been about another year. Taking a look at the war logs:
- All major factions are at war with one minor faction, with almost no conflict taking place between them.
-There is only one war taking place among major factions.

Maybe the minor factions are limiting wars from taking place in the current calculations?
Please make sure you keep a few different saves of this play through, I have a feeling they are going to want to look at it.

I've noticed this too in my campaign, playing as Vlandia we never seem to declare war on anyone (and 99% of the time support for war declaration against any faction stays at 0%), luckily other factions seem to be fighting normal and declare war on Vlandia from time to time so we still have some action going on.

Back
Top Bottom