Beta Patch Notes e1.5.7

Users who are viewing this thread

And then, the face direction that still doesn't have its proper button to use, being a mix of (F1 face enemy, F2 face direction) in a single button.

Can you elaborate on this? The newly added one click button (F7) does exactly that, face direction, and only gives "face direction". Do you mean you wanted the "face enemy" order?

Its not healthy for game that you can buy more than 3 towns at day 1000. It is not easy for non trading players to take 3 towns and hold them by force too.

Also look this screenshot do you think these numbers seem ok for gameplay, its not different from cheating :

boV_G.jpg

If you think game is fun this way you can make a mod giving you every day 5-10K. Even you can do this by adding one line code.
The player in that screenshot has 7 castles and multiple towns. How is the money income helping them at that point compared to the income he gets from all that land. How is that income a problem if the player had to work so hard for it?

It feels like the development priority is based more on "how can we avoid showing up on a 'The Spiffing Brit' youtube channel" rather than focusing on "How can we make investing a lot of time earning a perk feel rewarding."

i really fail to see a reason to buy fiefs, i mean... it's just possible to take it by force, unless you run t0 clan with a single party. again, let say you bought something like a town, which makes you a local faction leader am i right? so what's stopping AI to take your fief by force...

can somebody explain to me how this buying a fief mechanic work?

Buying a fief is just a side effect of doing the grinding to be able to trade fiefs. If you have the trade points to trade fiefs, then you have by definition earned enough profit to buy a town.

I think "buying" fiefs is really missing the real use of that perk. The biggest use of that perk is bribing a lord away from another kingdom by offering him a fief in exchance for coming to your side.

It feels like offering a fief in exchange for switching sides is something that should be available as part of running a kingdom, but instead I need to do thousands of trade runs, or my only choice is to buy lords.

Can we please fix the smithing stopping at 10%. Very annoying that I can only do 9 or something that takes 10% when I am at 100%

The player in that screenshot has 7 castles and multiple towns. How is the money income helping them at that point compared to the income he gets from all that land. How is that income a problem if the player had to work so hard for it?

It feels like the development priority is based more on "how can we avoid showing up on a 'The Spiffing Brit' youtube channel" rather than focusing on "How can we make investing a lot of time earning a perk feel rewarding."
After seeing the hotfix and all the comments I just feel trading is not worth it anymore may as well just get into the fighting early on.So much effort put into balancing the economy developing a trade system then nerf it into the ground, so no one will bother.

It feels like offering a fief in exchange for switching sides is something that should be available as part of running a kingdom, but instead I need to do thousands of trade runs, or my only choice is to buy lords.
This.

It shouldn't be a perk, it should be a natural part of recruiting.

Not sure if you realize but he's talking specifically about the "Spring of Gold" income being 30k, which is clearly broken for a daily income. These rest of his income is as expected. Moving it down to 1k daily limit is still essentially a free companions party wage

I don't get it. That perk does not make sense to me at all. I cannot imagine any sane lord would sell a town ever. How did this perk get into the game in the first place?!
Furthermore, someone to buy up all the fiefs of the world is total nonsense.

This.

Not sure if you realize but he's talking specifically about the "Spring of Gold" income being 30k, which is clearly broken for a daily income. These rest of his income is as expected. Moving it down to 1k daily limit is still essentially a free companions party wage
To get 30000 per day you need to have 30 million Denars surely that is what is broken. I have never had anything like that amount.

Nice hotfix, my continued 1.5.7 savegame crashes everytime I engage a steppe bandit party now.
Edit: I take that back. Its only my savegame thats now completly ****ed, every bandit party crashes the game. New game its okay though.

Last edited:
Nice hotfix, my continued 1.5.7 savegame crashes everytime I engage a steppe bandit party now.
Same for any type of bandit. Guess they didn’t patch it. Anyone know when they expect this to be fixed? I know it’s a known reported bug but man it’s game breaking.

Same for any type of bandit. Guess they didn’t patch it. Anyone know when they expect this to be fixed? I know it’s a known reported bug but man it’s game breaking.
Just edited my post, new savegame seems to be the solution, as ****ty as it is. Tested it out a moment ago.

I dot not really get the complains about the trade perk nerf. Glad to see that all exploits are getting fixed. The “TW is forcing us to grind” argument is just an excuse for trying to keep things ridiculously easy and exploitable. This game is already pretty much about repeating the same things (but for some reason is addictive to repeat the same things), tournaments, battles, sieges, trading, etc, so it is not like if you would have to play different to get money now.

Can you elaborate on this? The newly added one click button (F7) does exactly that, face direction, and only gives "face direction". Do you mean you wanted the "face enemy" order?
The old "face enemy / face direction" commands from the original setup were much better. They were in a more useable position (f2 menu) and having them in that same menu on separate buttons was more efficient. The old behavior of the command allowing you to see where the line was facing before confirming the order was also better. The original command layout in general was perfectly functional - I hope you guys are planning on allowing it as an option. The new layouts from recent patches are clunky and inefficient, thought it's nice to see "hold fire / fire at will" back on f4. Why on earth would you put a command as important as "face direction" on f7?

I dot not really get the complains about the trade perk nerf. Glad to see that all exploits are getting fixed. The “TW is forcing us to grind” argument is just an excuse for trying to keep things ridiculously easy and exploitable. This game is already pretty much about repeating the same things (but for some reason is addictive to repeat the same things), tournaments, battles, sieges, trading, etc, so it is not like if you would have to play different to get money now.
The thing is battles and sieges are fun and I love them. Trade is a chore if there is no end result no point in doing it. You have to trade early game as once you are a vassell or Lord forget it as you are always fighting.

Wait so just to clarify if we start new campaigns the issue goes away, or am I missing something. Just reported it on the techincal section here, https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...n-engaging-hostile-parties-on-the-map.438031/
Yep, just tested again, different culture character and I can engage Looters etc. I hope its not bound to me or them engaging because with the new character I got engaged instead of the other way around. So new game doesnt have this crash for me.

I don't get it. That perk does not make sense to me at all. I cannot imagine any sane lord would sell a town ever. How did this perk get into the game in the first place?!
Furthermore, someone to buy up all the fiefs of the world is total nonsense.
It doesn't make sense at all as a perk but it happened in history many times and should be a normal part of gameplay to exchange fiefs with monetary compensation or other things a lord might want (like marriage) or to offer when trying to recruit lords to your faction.

Maybe keep it as a perk for the ability to outright buy a fief for just money but trading them for other equally important things should be enabled by default.

It could even enable a Normandy-like situation, say you are independent and making a living hell for a faction so they eventually get tired of trying to fight you and offer a fief in their faction for you to shut up and start terrorizing their enemies instead.

This.

Yes I do realize that, but in that screenshot the player has 15 million denars, he has 4 towns and 5 castles, which he could sell for another 6-7 million denars. That is a companion's party wage for 22,000 days.

The question is, how does limiting that income make the game better? The amount of money needed to earn a game-breaking income from "spring of gold" is already in and of itself game-breaking.

My concern is that the devs seem to be too worried that the player can earn too much passive money per day, they are trying to force us to grind money rather than making the money-making opportunities fun so that we want to do them for the money and the enjoyment of doing them.

Back
Top Bottom