Beta Patch Notes e1.5.7

Users who are viewing this thread

It's always the same scenario.
it's not a universal rule, it's your personal experience. And Khuzait no longer as powerful as they were.
BH7WxJP.jpg
and this is my map after 13 years. In the next two weeks, Sturgia will lose 3 towns though.
As a player, you can influence how things would play out, i knew i would have to fight Khuzait, i gathered 100 archers in my army. I wanted to go war on a specific kingdom, i vote for war against a specific kingdom.

it's not a universal rule, it's your personal experience. And Khuzait no longer as powerful as they were.
BH7WxJP.jpg
and this is my map after 13 years. In the next two weeks, Sturgia will lose 3 towns though.
As a player, you can influence how things would play out, i knew i would have to fight Khuzait, i gathered 100 archers in my army. I wanted to go war on a specific kingdom, i vote for war against a specific kingdom.

I know it's possible, we did.
There are several of us playing on the same account with the same character, so it's interesting because every time I resume the game, it's a surprise because I don't know what my friends, brothers and sisters are doing before. . But, for my part, I'm sick of playing. I expected more surprises in this game, but nothing happens. It's a bit boring. This is how I feel after hundreds of hours of playing believing every time an event or something was going to energize the game, and nothing actually happened. I will wait to replay the final version. The friends will surely continue. But that's a bit the general feeling at home: something is missing, events or a stronger stake. We did, without laughing, twenty games with all the factions, always patient and thinking that we were going to have surprises with each new version. We "played the game", we sent the dumps, we alerted for bugs, etc. but there is a great weariness that sets in because there are no major events or exciting storylines. It's kind of the feeling that we all have here after, I swear, having tested every facet of the game. We all hope they manage to make it more "exciting", because other than that, it's a very promising game. We know this is an EA ... We all hope they can find the right "combination" to make a great game. If they manage to do this, this game will be too much of the ball.
At the moment, something powerful is really missing to say “I had too much fun playing this game”. The mechanics of the game are very good. There's just one little thing missing that would make us jump out of our chair screaming, "Too much ball!" As for the bugs, we apologize, we know it's difficult to develop a game with a small team. But it seems important to us to say what we feel. Afterwards, they listen to us or not, or agree with us or not, we just say that something major is missing to be able to tell friends that it's really "great!", Something unforgettable ...
Signed: 8 players (yes you read that right, :cool: very enthusiastic. We only want to encourage you but for now, we are a little tired of playing

Good luck to you !

I know it's possible, we did.
There are several of us playing on the same account with the same character, so it's interesting because every time I resume the game, it's a surprise because I don't know what my friends, brothers and sisters are doing before. . But, for my part, I'm sick of playing. I expected more surprises in this game, but nothing happens. It's a bit boring. This is how I feel after hundreds of hours of playing believing every time an event or something was going to energize the game, and nothing actually happened. I will wait to replay the final version. The friends will surely continue. But that's a bit the general feeling at home: something is missing, events or a stronger stake. We did, without laughing, twenty games with all the factions, always patient and thinking that we were going to have surprises with each new version. We "played the game", we sent the dumps, we alerted for bugs, etc. but there is a great weariness that sets in because there are no major events or exciting storylines. It's kind of the feeling that we all have here after, I swear, having tested every facet of the game. We all hope they manage to make it more "exciting", because other than that, it's a very promising game. We know this is an EA ... We all hope they can find the right "combination" to make a great game. If they manage to do this, this game will be too much of the ball.
At the moment, something powerful is really missing to say “I had too much fun playing this game”. The mechanics of the game are very good. There's just one little thing missing that would make us jump out of our chair screaming, "Too much ball!" As for the bugs, we apologize, we know it's difficult to develop a game with a small team. But it seems important to us to say what we feel. Afterwards, they listen to us or not, or agree with us or not, we just say that something major is missing to be able to tell friends that it's really "great!", Something unforgettable ...
Signed: 8 players (yes you read that right, :cool: very enthusiastic. We only want to encourage you but for now, we are a little tired of playing

Good luck to you !
Why don't you just create different saves for each one then if you want to know whats happening in your game thats the easiest way I have played 30 campaigns yet I am only 1 man your post explains nothing about what you're problems are

Thanks TW , started a new pt and really enjoying it.
Kingdom balance is way way better than before.

Now that perks are almost finished , i'd like to see some changes to how skills are levelled up.
Specifically , boost athletics + medicine. Both are way too slow.
Also engineering needs some love , levelling through siege engines is kinda ok , but when it comes to companions , you barely get them from 80->110 or so till they are dead. It's just way too slow to level it ''passively'' by building siege engines/camp.

Also , steward could use a slight nerf , it's been way too fast since EA. You get it maxed within 5 years or so through simple food variery.
Smithing is broken as i am sure you are aware , needs balancing on levelling + sell prices.
Lastly , riding as of 1.5.7 is buggy.
Horse archery gives you huge spikes of xp to riding while bow xp is ok.

Thanks again and gl.

Also , steward could use a slight nerf , it's been way too fast since EA. You get it maxed within 5 years or so through simple food variery.
Oh no no this speed is just right for this skill :smile:
I wish they make medicine have a daily tick just like it where you check you troops for.... issues :wink:

Lastly , riding as of 1.5.7 is buggy.
Horse archery gives you huge spikes of xp to riding while bow xp is ok.
It's always been this way. Somebody looked at the code and the bonus multiplier is likely wrong (much higher) for riding then it should be for when you shoot long distance/hard shot.

So ah... i took control over Sturgia as a ruler soon after Raganvad suffered a heart attack because Khuzait almost dead. The Banner of my clan changed to a default Sturgian banner. Is this how it should be?

So ah... i took control over Sturgia as a ruler soon after Raganvad suffered a heart attack because Khuzait almost dead. The Banner of my clan changed to a default Sturgian banner. Is this how it should be?

I think there is a bug related to icons when happens if king dies. I saw this is happening for npc clans before but it seems it is also happening for player too. It is reported to team. They were checking it. You can see similar bug report here.

I think there is a bug related to icons when happens if king dies. I saw this is happening for npc clans before but it seems it is also happening for player too. It is reported to team. They were checking it. You can see similar bug report here.
yes, flag changed, from blue to purple, but after i loaded the game this morning it is blue again for Gundaroving

well, Piconi kinda explained it, shame really, no more Alpha Legion insignia for me :sad:

few things
- certain lords while being on a horse fight in the infantry formation, which leads to certain negative outcomes. first, they get their asses kicked real quick. second, hence they fall, it is a good chance they die in battle. i'm replaying 1000 vs 1000 battle, and so far i made 2 replays. and in each battle, these two lords end up being dead. I know there is the probability of them die in battle, but at the same time... maybe they would not die so easily if they fight as cavalry... because they are cavalry.

- now, my character has been incapacitated during the battle. my army had 200+ advantage by kills at that moment. end result - defeat. So the enemy army not only managed to close a gap of 200 dead units but also managed to win. Like...really? that's frustrating. Peasants killed my axeman in the back because AI decided to fall back to a certain position because my army was under attack. Because it is a good call to run all across the map from enemy spawn to ours, while catching sharp objects in the back.

- during yesterday's stream, where you guys were present i was taking Vostrum. There is a serious issue with the "delegate command on" order. With two breached walls my army was standing in the open, at the starting position with very few units moving inside the city to attack defenders. So it's not only an issue with battanian castles but rather a broader problem.

Why don't you just create different saves for each one then if you want to know whats happening in your game thats the easiest way I have played 30 campaigns yet I am only 1 man your post explains nothing about what you're problems are
The main difficulties encountered are crashes when children reach adulthood. They have already been mentioned by other players on the forum, so we didn't consider it necessary to mention them, other files were sent by other players. These bugs concern:

- NPCs (children become adults) are in underpants in the game,
- there are too many new NPCs
- slowdowns and stuttering of the game when the NPCs are in our "party",
- overcrowding in children's castles (especially when factions have been greatly reduced, we have noticed problems with the display of new npc in overcrowded castles and towns,
- inexplicable crashes (we thought they were crashes because we tried to continue our game with 1.5.7 when we started it with 1.5.6 so we did not dump but we could do it if it crashes again),
- We simulate a lot of battles so we have few lords who die, therefore, we get overcrowded.

Crowding is the biggest problem. When we get to LVL 6, the castles are overcrowded with Nobles who are useless.

When the children reach adulthood we already have more than 1500 days (in game), and a great weariness among the players is already there. The kids don't bring enough ingame new stuff to make us want to continue. Maybe later, when the developers have implemented everything ... We'll see.

We had proposed in a thread above to implement a "plague epidemic" to "regulate overcrowding". We too would lose NPCs in our clan, but in the same proportion as everyone else. This regulation would be done at a "playable" level to avoid "crashes". In short, everytime the game registers a "threshold" number of Nobles, there would be an epidemic. And then we would have a death count among all the Nobles calculated to avoid crashes. It is a proposition, we do not know if it is the best, but we have to find a solution to avoid too many unusable NPCs.
This problem of overcrowding is really central. The advantage of the "epidemic" is that it would only occur if there are too many Nobles. There would be no epidemic if a certain "fatal" threshold was not reached. So if players saw a lot of Lords die in battle, he wouldn't be affected by the epidemic. This epidemic would make it possible to have a number of NPCs "equal" to the number of NPCs at the start of the game, or slightly higher.

The other advantage of the epidemic is that if the player plays without the option "available death of nobles", the population of nobles will be regulated regardless. Obviously, it is better to prevent the main character of the player from being affected by the epidemic, that would make a lot of players scream, I think.

Last edited:
The kids don't bring enough ingame new stuff to make us want to continue.
emm but one of the possible goals is to paint the map in the colors of your kingdom. relatives are like primarchs, and MC being an Emprah. They are tools, blank characters that can be shaped as you see fit. For example, the sister of MC already has more medicine than a companion i hired at the very beginning of the game. Which kinda undermines the reason to have companions in the long perspective, but oh well.
TW may expand on the dynasty feature of the game, or they may not, only time will tell.

But for example, one Lord of Sturgia has 6 kids, and yes they might become a source of a problem of overpopulation, but as it now there is a very good chance that Sturgia will cease to exist due to Battanian super-power that will soon invade and the game would "end"

Another thing to note, in my PT Khuzait are done for, they are reduced to 4 castles and pose no real threat. But the major impact on their military might has been delivered on the field battle when 5 lords, including Monchug, died. I just fail to see how you manage to keep so many lords alive, because in my experience from 1 to 2 are dying in battle on average. One of the reasons why Sturgia in my PT has a smaller military force than Battania is exactly because i lost 3 lords during the last days of the purge of the Khuzait.
If i'm about to calculate how many nobles die during the last 15 years... well Sturgia lost 11 of them for various reasons.

emm but one of the possible goals is to paint the map in the colors of your kingdom. relatives are like primarchs, and MC being an Emprah. They are tools, blank characters that can be shaped as you see fit. For example, the sister of MC already has more medicine than a companion i hired at the very beginning of the game. Which kinda undermines the reason to have companions in the long perspective, but oh well.
TW may expand on the dynasty feature of the game, or they may not, only time will tell.

But for example, one Lord of Sturgia has 6 kids, and yes they might become a source of a problem of overpopulation, but as it now there is a very good chance that Sturgia will cease to exist due to Battanian super-power that will soon invade and the game would "end"

Another thing to note, in my PT Khuzait are done for, they are reduced to 4 castles and pose no real threat. But the major impact on their military might has been delivered on the field battle when 5 lords, including Monchug, died. I just fail to see how you manage to keep so many lords alive, because in my experience from 1 to 2 are dying in battle on average. One of the reasons why Sturgia in my PT has a smaller military force than Battania is exactly because i lost 3 lords during the last days of the purge of the Khuzait.
If i'm about to calculate how many nobles die during the last 15 years... well Sturgia lost 11 of them for various reasons.
We simulate most fights and hardly ever have any Lords dying. Why does simulation exist if it crashes the game because the Nobles don't die in simulation?
What we note has already been said elsewhere. We are not the only ones to notice this.
Filling the card with our banner is super boring. We would have preferred more Role Play objectives or more elaborate strategies and diplomacy, in short, more exciting things to do than "fill the map".
Do you want us to say "Everything is perfect?", Ok so "Everything is perfect."
We promise never to participate in an "Early access" again, we promise. Especially at 45 Euros ... Bye
Good luck to you !

- now, my character has been incapacitated during the battle. my army had 200+ advantage by kills at that moment. end result - defeat. So the enemy army not only managed to close a gap of 200 dead units but also managed to win. Like...really? that's frustrating. Peasants killed my axeman in the back because AI decided to fall back to a certain position because my army was under attack. Because it is a good call to run all across the map from enemy spawn to ours, while catching sharp objects in the back.

Yeah, I don't know exactly when or why but at some point the AI became really dumb, whereas the start of EA it performed decently if you went down in battle.

We simulate most fights and hardly ever have any Lords dying. Why does simulation exist if it crashes the game because the Nobles don't die in simulation?
What we note has already been said elsewhere. We are not the only ones to notice this.
Filling the card with our banner is super boring. We would have preferred more Role Play objectives or more elaborate strategies and diplomacy, in short, more exciting things to do than "fill the map".
Do you want us to say "Everything is perfect?", Ok so "Everything is perfect."
We promise never to participate in an "Early access" again, we promise. Especially at 45 Euros ... Bye
Good luck to you !
Well, EA is not for everyone. You have to deal with bugs, crashes and other nasty stuff. If you can see over it, it can be fun. but if not, you will have a hard time. My advise, wait for the finished game and try again. Should you take part in EA again for some reason, only do it because you want to influence the development process and only for companies who actually care about players opinion. BG3 is a good example for something like that. Until then, have fun and hopefully see you again after the full release.

Well, EA is not for everyone. You have to deal with bugs, crashes and other nasty stuff. If you can see over it, it can be fun. but if not, you will have a hard time. My advise, wait for the finished game and try again. Should you take part in EA again for some reason, only do it because you want to influence the development process and only for companies who actually care about players opinion. BG3 is a good example for something like that. Until then, have fun and hopefully see you again after the full release.

Early access, the buzz word that apparently lets devs do anything they please at any pace they please without criticism or repercussions

Why does simulation exist if it crashes the game because the Nobles don't die in simulation?
for the same reason why Banner Knights dying to 6 looters, or Fian Champion being killed by the very same looters. Auto-resolve has its uses, but do you really want to end your entire playthrough because on a death roll your character got 0 instead of 1 and died?
what i see here is that you are looking at the game from a certain, singular position.
sxRb1oB.jpg
and this is my first major engagement of the new pt. 4 dead lords. -4 armies for the next 18 years, unless they had kids around 18 years old.
AI became really dumb
oh man... ok so, i'm besieging the town. i build a battering ram and 4 trebuchets, the idea is that three holes are better than two. So battering ram reaches the gate, smashes them open and troops instead of destroying the second gate with weapons, turn around and run for the holes in the walls only to walk all the way across the city and try to open 2nd gate which they could just hack down. /facepalm

thought of the day: "do not build a battering ram if you are planning to breach walls with trebuchets."

Early access, the buzz word that apparently lets devs do anything they please at any pace they please without criticism or repercussions
I disagree. like i said, EA is made to let players participate in the development process. criticism is highly needed for that. repercussion only comes in sales numbers. some companies only make EA for marketing but as long as you inform yourself properly it should be relativly obvious

I disagree. like i said, EA is made to let players participate in the development process. criticism is highly needed for that. repercussion only comes in sales numbers. some companies only make EA for marketing but as long as you inform yourself properly it should be relativly obvious

Well any criticism is met with "iTs EArLY AcCESS" and no feedback from the developers so I doesn't feel like criticism is valued or wanted here.

Well any criticism is met with "iTs EArLY AcCESS" and no feedback from the developers so I doesn't feel like criticism is valued or wanted here.
For fairness' sake, I'd say that the situation with the communication has become much better now. Many devs here respond and share their thoughts on various subjects and problems. Lack of communication frustrated me before, but it is way much better now.

For fairness' sake, I'd say that the situation with the communication has become much better now. Many devs here respond and share their thoughts on various subjects and problems. Lack of communication frustrated me before, but it is way much better now.
Problem with this kind of communication is that many players will never see it, as its spread out in random threads. You bet many people have no idea that Mexxico talks with the people on the forums a lot about some pretty in-depth stuff.

Back
Top Bottom