Beta Patch Notes e1.5.7

Users who are viewing this thread

The performance problems may not be directly related to UI but shaders. This is something we are looking into. Anybody who is experiencing performance issues can help with this process by switching to the telemetry branch and sending us a recording of the issue. Please note the telemetry branch is using version 1.5.6 (so it is practical for MP as well). However, likely these issues affect both versions.

@mexxico I did as you suggested and switched to the telemetry branch. Here are the results:

1) My 1.5.7 save crashed immediately after loading both with, and without mods. (I was only running BetterTime and BannerEditor Ultimate).
2) So, I created a new game on the telemetry branch.
3) I saw map stuttering.
4) I did NOT see sluggish response from the UI.
5) I noticed that the southern empire did not have dyed tunics (as I observed they did in 1.5.7).

Other Info:
I1) I did not see map stuttering in original 1.5.6.
I2) I did not see sluggish UI in original 1.5.6.

Hypotheses:
H1) The telemetry branch is not built off of 1.5.7. Probably latest 1.5.6. Reasoning: 1), 4), 5), I2)
H2) The 1.5.6 map stuttering was introduced not in the original 1.5.6 but in the recent update to 1.5.6. Reasoning: H1), 3), I1
H3) The 1.5.7 sluggish response was introduced in 1.5.7. H1), 4

Unfortunately, because of the observations above, I am unable to provide you with a log.

Hope this helps.

@mexxico I did as you suggested and switched to the telemetry branch. Here are the results:

1) My 1.5.7 save crashed immediately after loading both with, and without mods. (I was only running BetterTime and BannerEditor Ultimate).
2) So, I created a new game on the telemetry branch.
3) I saw map stuttering.
4) I did NOT see sluggish response from the UI.
5) I noticed that the southern empire did not have dyed tunics (as I observed they did in 1.5.7).

Other Info:
I1) I did not see map stuttering in original 1.5.6.
I2) I did not see sluggish UI in original 1.5.6.

Hypotheses:
H1) The telemetry branch is not built off of 1.5.7. Probably latest 1.5.6. Reasoning: 1), 4), 5), I2)
H2) The 1.5.6 map stuttering was introduced not in the original 1.5.6 but in the recent update to 1.5.6. Reasoning: H1), 3), I1
H3) The 1.5.7 sluggish response was introduced in 1.5.7. H1), 4

Unfortunately, because of the observations above, I am unable to provide you with a log.

Hope this helps.
Yeah I read one of them say it's for 1.5.6 version.

Has anyone seen this horse, is it new or did I just miss it for 9 months?

It's warhorse called charger and I don't know where I got it, but I'm guessing loot from rebels.

So whats that about now???
P04weby

There is a bug where parties recruit from settlements they don't occupy. I'm trying to figure out how to reproduce it right now, but it happens fairly often.

There is a bug where parties recruit from settlements they don't occupy. I'm trying to figure out how to reproduce it right now, but it happens fairly often.

You mean that lords recruit in villages from distance? I have seen this in 1.5.6 too. Going to try to make a video if I see it again.

Npc parties can recruit from all settlements. Same rule as player. However they have less slots while recruiting from another faction's settlement - like player had too. They only do not recruit from enemy settlements even player can do.

It it just me or did the graphics change slightly? Especially the colors of grass and trees seems to look different both on campaign and battle maps. Like a more washed out green. I think it looked much better before.

Otherwise enjoying the patch especially the added lore in city descriptions! I love reading them and you can see a lot of thought went into them.

Npc parties can recruit from all settlements. Same rule as player. However they have less slots while recruiting from another faction's settlement - like player had too. They only do not recruit from enemy settlements even player can do.

No, no, no. Obviously they can recruit from neutral settlements -- that is fine.

I'm talking about their party is physically in a another location, marching around on the map for example, and still recruiting out of a village.

No, no, no. Obviously they can recruit from neutral settlements -- that is fine.

I'm talking about their party is physically in a another location, marching around on the map for example, and still recruiting out of a village.

Yes, I saw the same. NPC is in army on the other side of the map and suddenly a info above the village name shows up: "X recruited y troops" or something. I'm sure that this lord was leading a party far from the village. This happens for me since 1.5.6

P.S.
there was no NPC around the village when message showed up.

Interesting. I will examine it. Maybe they are outlaw minor clans? They have ability to recruit around villages without entering a village. It was old feature maybe not needed anymore.

Out of topic but look that screenshot, can you see the giant bug there (today I see it by chance) :

jf4CS.png

It was on game since end of May.

They should disappear within days, not instantly. Is result the same when you check back after few weeks?
i don't really get what you are saying. this pt is new, you are saying crafted items will appear on the market and then disappear after some time?

as for few weeks.... 60 in-game days and it still there.

Last edited:
Interesting. I will examine it. Maybe they are outlaw minor clans? They have ability to recruit around villages without entering a village. It was old feature maybe not needed anymore.

Out of topic but look that screenshot, can you see the giant bug there (today I see it by chance) :

jf4CS.png

It was on game since end of May.
Wait...what tariff? Never encountered this before and it looks new to me.
Well that's rather interesting

They were my clan, in my army at the time. Vassals of Aserai.

Back
Top Bottom