Beta Patch Notes e1.5.7

Users who are viewing this thread

While I do agree with this, I have to say that it was unbalanced in 1.5.6. I started a campaign where I was able to get 50 Vlandian Knights before day 100 (I got the perk which gives an extra recruiting slot).

I would love to see some kind of notables in castles giving access to noble troops.
My view point is likely skewed because I did a sturgian playthrough and there are fewer villages which are much more dispersed, so I was only able to keep maybe 10-20% of my troops as nobles. I'm sure in battania where there is a mass of villages it was extremely OP (i'd bet vlandia is somewhere in the middle).

Personally I think these % of powerful notables needs to be different in each of the factions due to their general locations. Battannia needs a small % compared to Sturgia or Aserai who would need a higher percent. Even a blanket every faction has 20% notables who are powerful impacts each faction very differently.

I made this image for another purpose but it fits here too to emphasize my point and Batannias advantage. Batannia would have 22 powerful nobles in the same area that Sturgia would only have 11. If Sturgia's percent was 40% we be much more even with 21 powerful notables for Sturgia.

The red circles in this image are the same size.
GOsdW.jpg

I agree the adding noble line notables at castles would be great, even if it was just 1 or 2 notables, but we'd still have the same distribution issue.

Last edited:
@WMorton wouldn't the main changes for MP be in the 1.5.6 live version (the big cav update, which wasn't in the original 1.5.6 beta notes)? I don't think beta servers are up right now, correct me if I'm wrong
I wouldn't call it a big cav update, more like fixing a mistake. But honestly idk. The 8 new horses we got were literally all just "Faster Horses" that look different. The 2 new lances are just "Long Lances" that look different. They fixed their mistake of making everything be able to tank a couch and increased lance damage. Also they said they were going to fix bumping but they only made it worse, especially against experienced players where you are constantly losing your block stance whenever they get near you, its broken and probably won't be fixed for the next update or 2 and if im proven wrong then I hope its a sign TW is getting their **** together.

Am I the only one who had to download 16gb of patch to go from 1.5.6 to beta 1.5.7?
for me its 14.7
about the size
thats how steam patches ...
if you change 1 line in a 1GB file you need to download the whole file
Edit: could be the size difference is because i updated 1.5.6 first

Last edited:
Dying in simulation battle is added internally but we're still testing it.

In regards to high tier armour and weapons, we have made some small fixes to that (in the previous patches) but the main fix is yet to come. We're working on it.

Education is currently backwards compatible if you already had kids in a previous save. However, past education is not reflected. Once the kid hits a certain age it should pick up from where it was left. If a kid is 13, previous education is none. But will get a notification once he hits 14 for example.
Couldnt we implement a hybrid system for death. I kill a lot of people in battle, i also injure a lot of people. But what if there was a serious wound mechanic in addition? I.E. incapacitation that player / NPC can heal from or die from after a potential death event is triggered.

It could work such that a lord has a chance to recover from or die from wounds throughout a period of time. The player/NPC is incapacitated for 3-15 days based off of damage absorbed over a threshold (or something creative, im not sure yet - but this has the added benefit of trying to avoid dangerous blows i.e. a 'joust' off, or being charged by a horse)

There should be 3 levels of wounds, lesser, moderate and severely wounded.

Each wound level has a different recovery chance that is inversely related to the wound type
lesser = high chance (91%?)
moderate = 70%?
severe = lower chance (33%?)

Calculation is triggered once per injury period. (alternatively once per 3 day period, with an increasing chance of recovery after each 3 day period, therefore a severe wound in period 3 might have the 91% chance of recovery in that period - i.e. simulates the wound recovery process)
3 day period for lesser
7 day period for moderate
11 day period for severe

If the calculation achieves a recovery, the NPC/Player remains incapacitated for the remainder of the period (this could pose an issue, but player alive with good character = better than dead player and new character)... or could just have a very long health recovery debuff / increased chance of death on next serious wound event

(statistically a recalculation daily could be problematic as the chance would increase over time, which is why i wrote once per period, but IM sure you can figure out the right formula).

The idea is that in addition to wounding and death, a lord can be incapacitated (triggered only if death event was triggerd - so it is effectively a second chance to survive or die (thereby further reducing death - this will definitely help in autobattles, since a chance to recover from a potential death is a good mechanic (especially for the player).

Well, the world map stutters weren't solved for me. What's more, I've noticed that many objects like fences and trees started appearing right before my nose. And trees on the world map are also rendered in front of my eyes. I don't remember if that was a thing in previous versions.

Well, the world map stutters weren't solved for me. What's more, I've noticed that many objects like fences and trees started appearing right before my nose. And trees on the world map are also rendered in front of my eyes. I don't remember if that was a thing in previous versions.

I am getting this as well.

Couldnt we implement a hybrid system for death. I kill a lot of people in battle, i also injure a lot of people. But what if there was a serious wound mechanic in addition? I.E. incapacitation that player / NPC can heal from or die from after a potential death event is triggered.

It could work such that a lord has a chance to recover from or die from wounds throughout a period of time. The player/NPC is incapacitated for 3-15 days based off of damage absorbed over a threshold (or something creative, im not sure yet - but this has the added benefit of trying to avoid dangerous blows i.e. a 'joust' off, or being charged by a horse)

Each wound level has a different recovery chance that is inversely related to the wound type
moderate = 70%?

Calculation is triggered once per injury period. (alternatively once per 3 day period, with an increasing chance of recovery after each 3 day period, therefore a severe wound in period 3 might have the 91% chance of recovery in that period - i.e. simulates the wound recovery process)
3 day period for lesser
11 day period for severe

If the calculation achieves a recovery, the NPC/Player remains incapacitated for the remainder of the period (this could pose an issue, but player alive with good character = better than dead player and new character)... or could just have a very long health recovery debuff / increased chance of death on next serious wound event

(statistically a recalculation daily could be problematic as the chance would increase over time, which is why i wrote once per period, but IM sure you can figure out the right formula).

The idea is that in addition to wounding and death, a lord can be incapacitated (triggered only if death event was triggerd - so it is effectively a second chance to survive or die (thereby further reducing death - this will definitely help in autobattles, since a chance to recover from a potential death is a good mechanic (especially for the player).

I suggested something in those lines a week ago here the link of the suggestion. Also, I tried to relate the medicine skill to the recovery of the wounds.

Ones that you don't sell?
i don't sell crafted items there is no need.
lXxJeSR.jpg
now this axe, is a failed attempt to create a Gorefather, this axe has been reprocessed into crafting components, yet i can see it on the market.
p.s. how to use spoilers here? >_>
p.p.s. so in theory that could've been that sexy Northern Warlord Helmet Over Full Mail....

Last edited:

moderate = 70%?

3 day period for lesser
11 day period for severe

I have made suggestions also concerning death as I like to say the more options the better, but careful some people will complain it's a waste of the devs time, I am for more options being in the game to give people a more customized game but I fear Bannerlord will never be Civ 6 and for things like that we need to look to modding. I hate the fact it is either on or off and nothing in between, however until death % is fixed I won't be trying it to see how I really feel about it being 10%

i don't sell crafted items there is no need.
lXxJeSR.jpg
now this axe, is a failed attempt to create a Gorefather, this axe has been reprocessed into crafting components, yet i can see it on the market.
p.s. how to use spoilers here? >_>
p.p.s. so in theory that could've been that sexy Northern Warlord Helmet Over Full Mail....

So they did not fix this after 3 attempts, maybe next time.

Back
Top Bottom