Beta Patch Notes e1.5.7

Users who are viewing this thread

Literally has beta in the name...

That means tests are ongoing - if you want a less buggy experience stick to the live builds. You can't blame TW for having bugs in their current test build.

When it takes over a minute to advance through two character creation screens that is not Beta, that's called not testing.

When it takes over a minute to advance through two character creation screens that is not Beta, that's called not testing.
Yes that is the point! It is literally a build designed for testing! Where do you think the term Beta comes from?

The entire idea of the best test build is to find bugs; it's not meant to be pre-tested. Otherwise what's the point?

Those testers you are chastising are using this build to find errors; TW have just given us the option of playing on it. In the hope we pick up and report back bugs too.

Yes that is the point! It is literally a build designed for testing! Where do you think the term Beta comes from?

The entire idea of the best test build is to find bugs; it's not meant to be pre-tested. Otherwise what's the point?

This is a professional studio, not a modding outfit. You have different standards. Performance is horrible and getting worse.

This is a professional studio, not a modding outfit. You have different standards.
....?

That's why a live build exists; a build that has been tested. I don't understand why you aren't following me...

V1.5.6 - A tested build ready for live release. The consumer version.

Beta v1.5.7 - An untested version that TW are using to find bugs right now. Offered to us if we choose to assist in bug finding.

This isn't a challenging concept...

People just don't play multiplayer anymore.
TRUTH and litteraly people asking for more servers just so 5-10 people could play once a week BUT what they doint want to think about is that buying/licencing/renting servers from third party overtime is expensive and its HUGE money drain especialy for the game that isnt MP/MMO oriented game.TW now espeicaly in EA litteraly lost good chunk of money just by preserving the servers where like barely 5 people play in every blue moon but bcs of those 5 ppl bit*** on forums they need to keep it active even thou its a huge money drain for them aka money that litteraly goes in thin air bcs the number of players just simply DOESENT JUSTIFY for TW to splunge good chunk of money just so 5-10 people can play MP.

Interesting how everyone scream MP and everyone scream about wanting more servers BUT no one wants to talk about the costs that those servers are making bcs unlike other MMO games MB isnt MP oriented game and also on top of that those same people that demand more servers are the same ones that play 1-3 time and then leave it for a day and then dont play for 2-3 weeks just so they can then come back to forums and bi*** about how there should be more servers.

TRUTH and litteraly people asking for more servers just so 5-10 people could play once a week BUT what they doint want to think about is that buying/licencing/renting servers from third party overtime is expensive and its HUGE money drain especialy for the game that isnt MP/MMO oriented game.TW now espeicaly in EA litteraly lost good chunk of money just by preserving the servers where like barely 5 people play in every blue moon but bcs of those 5 ppl bit*** on forums they need to keep it active even thou its a huge money drain for them aka money that litteraly goes in thin air bcs the number of players just simply DOESENT JUSTIFY for TW to splunge good chunk of money just so 5-10 people can play MP.

Interesting how everyone scream MP and everyone scream about wanting more servers BUT no one wants to talk about the costs that those servers are making bcs unlike other MMO games MB isnt MP oriented game and also on top of that those same people that demand more servers are the same ones that play 1-3 time and then leave it for a day and then dont play for 2-3 weeks just so they can then come back to forums and bi*** about how there should be more servers.
It seems to me that there are SP fans who grossly underestimate the scale of the MP Mount & Blade community; and MP fans who grossly over-estimate their product share.

Truth is many people play these games online and they deserve support. Now sure - SP should get the lions share and I can see why that is TW's focus. However telling a chunk of the community to 'put up or shut up' is not helpful.

....?

That's why a live build exists; a build that has been tested. I don't understand why you aren't following me...

V1.5.6 - A tested build ready for live release. The consumer version.

Beta v1.5.7 - An untested version that TW are using to find bugs right now. Offered to us if we choose to assist in bug finding.

This isn't a challenging concept...

Neither is a basic test of your build performance. How many times is the "Fix crafted weapons from showing up in tournaments" gonna show up in patch notes, 3 times?

I will wait:

-item order is not fixed
-armor is not working right (I think) something is wrong: somebody already reported this in the bug section.
-heard speed detail indicator gone
-loading/menus absurdity: this continues to get worse.

I’ve confirmed that damage in tournaments is bugged:
The damage listed does not match the damage actually taken. I haven’t been able to test field battles yet.
Edit: Took a hit from a looter's rock and the damage matched up. Hopefully that means this armor bug is limited to tourneys only.

Last edited:
This is a professional studio, not a modding outfit. You have different standards. Performance is horrible and getting worse.
Have you tried out 1.5.6 main? I can finally play it now. Much better performance than during the beta phase and currently in 1.5.7. Big thanks to the devs!

P.S.: Campaign map stuttering still there every time something on the map is going on (other parties coming into sight range, new quest/tournament icons appearing) but the loading time for menues is normal which already makes a huge difference.

Last edited:

Haven't you basically said this in every thread you've participated in?

You are greatly underestimating the MP community.

Campaign map went from 30-50 fps to 15-20 fps, something is wrong (again).
Also theres a few crashes already so i suppose il wait for e1.5.8.
This brings into question whether it was better to have a memory leak or just a large performance loss.

@WMorton @Gwiltrol
Guys, let's not throw arround insult like that, especially not in the patchnotes thread where we should otherwise be having devs interacting with us more, like we have so far.
Let us have a sip of our favourite beverage and continue forward in a calm way.
im sorry, its just frustrating being the kid daddy abandoned

Sorry but SP should be main priority and MP be a simple addon/bonus.They are constantly overstreaching themself by working at the same time on SP,MP,Mood Tools,Console all of that just constantly diverts needed resorces to other things.If i was the Ceo of TW i wouldve dictate to soly forcus on SP bcs MB IS SP title.Then when SP is golden or near golden/complete THEN i would start diverting some of the resorces/workforce towards MP and then after that after game is released would then put most of the workforce/resorces into Mood Tools and console port wile leaving just like 5-10% of workforce maybe even less for the first initial post launch fixes/patches.
I completely disagree with the notion that M&B is a SP title, Warband had a huge and thriving MP community and MP as is barely has anybody working on it as is, SP already gets massive updates every single update. In the meantime the MP community celebrates getting 1/10 of what SP gets as a large update usually every 3 months or longer

@WMorton wouldn't the main changes for MP be in the 1.5.6 live version (the big cav update, which wasn't in the original 1.5.6 beta notes)? I don't think beta servers are up right now, correct me if I'm wrong

Cool changelog, particularly happy with the engineering perk tree being done and curious about the educational system...will check as soon as get some time off.
Thanks a lot TW, and don't bother about the same old noise

Well the education system is just chock full of cuteness at two years old...

I am not a fan of the random allocation at the third stage though.

I'm getting a lot of crashes that i haven't seen in a long time. It crashes for me in the keep a lot. I feel like it has gone backwards here, is it just me? Education system, kinda cool, noting great though. I think I'm expecting too much out of each patch. I am just not getting the excitement that I thought i would be able to get out of it. I start to feel i am just playing the same playthrough like before. I just get so pumped up before each patch looking for the new stuff. I guess i need a break.

well I finished chapter 1 of my 1.5.7 game

He's still got that amazing horse!

Oh boy a new quest?....

Uh oh so this is the education system..... lets just see...

(it's a video)
Did you guys out source this part to a Japanese company....:sad:

Nest procs a day later, I guess guys who said sibling would be the intro to the system were right on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom