Beta Patch Notes e1.5.7

Users who are viewing this thread

Just an observation regarding culture. It's very powerful at the moment and also not sure how to offset it.

So I pretty much always play with Aseri or Vlandian culture as the bonuses for the others are pretty bad in comparison so in my current game I am a Northern imperial vassal and I have Vlandian culture. I noticed that my castle (imperial culture) is going to take 512 days (6+ ingame years) to build Lvl 2 walls. I traced this back to low loyalty which is due to my culture being different (-3) and my also Vlandian brother being governor (-1). So I switch him out for my Imperal wife and now the walls will take only 156 days and everyone is supper happy.

I accept that culture should be important but should it really be this important?

Chances are if you are a vassal of a non imperial faction then you will be awarded fiefs not of your culture as apart from the ones your fellow vassals already have, every single fief on the map is not your culture.
Given that there are no high steward companions, this limits your choice for governors to your wife/husband and only if you married one that is not of your culture.

In the above example I also have level 3 fairgrounds which is not good enough to help. at all really (+1.5)

I am fond of how this works. The empire culture bonus is not that important, so not having a penalty for a large part of the map offsets that. You can always marry your male family (not you necessarily) to empire nobles to get female governors. In my opinion, the more choices we have to make (starting culture vs marrying into one etc.) the better.

Hey, notables are disappearing at a very fast rate yet again. What exactly did you change with notable power bonuses and penalties? Because it makes the early and mid-game quest even more grindy.

I am fond of how this works. The empire culture bonus is not that important, so not having a penalty for a large part of the map offsets that. You can always marry your male family (not you necessarily) to empire nobles to get female governors. In my opinion, the more choices we have to make (starting culture vs marrying into one etc.) the better.

I mean I am not advocating getting rid of it but basically the way you describe is the only way to get governors of a different culture and thus the only way to control settlement loyalty since every other modifier gets swamped.

In this regard imperial players will also have a huge advantage over others as they are far more likely to get awarded a fief in their culture and thus have a family full of ready to go governors.

Culture bonus's will get reworked at somepoint but the issue i described will still be there no matter what culture you choose.

Hey, notables are disappearing at a very fast rate yet again. What exactly did you change with notable power bonuses and penalties? Because it makes the early and mid-game quest even more grindy.
yes, basically on the second week of pt i have 3 villages with only one notable left. these villages are dead villages. i believe they are linked to prosperity and/or influence.

I mean I am not advocating getting rid of it but basically the way you describe is the only way to get governors of a different culture and thus the only way to control settlement loyalty since every other modifier gets swamped.

In this regard imperial players will also have a huge advantage over others as they are far more likely to get awarded a fief in their culture and thus have a family full of ready to go governors.

Culture bonus's will get reworked at somepoint but the issue i described will still be there no matter what culture you choose.

You can still have towns prosper in that scenario, albeit a bit more difficult. (I am Aserai with Empire settlements in this playthrough). That said, I agree with re-balancing as the game continuous. After all, my way of having fun is not universal.

Not sure what they did on bonuses and penalties, but this change didnt help and has clearly put a bunch of notables in the range to be easily "lost" (lmao just realized looking at the % that 20% of notables would be less than 100 and would basically immediately start rolling to be lost :roll: why tho ). 1.5.6 was by far my favorite patch for recruiting, maybe they can find a middle ground.

The time to spawn a new one is too long as well I think.

Settlement Actions (Town, Village, Castle and Hideout)
  • Notables were starting with too much power, nearly all had 200+ power (powerful). This has been balanced, 20% are now powerful (200+) while 60% are influential (100-200).

Last edited:
You can still have towns prosper in that scenario, albeit a bit more difficult. (I am Aserai with Empire settlements in this playthrough). That said, I agree with re-balancing as the game continuous. After all, my way of having fun is not universal.
Yeah I just think it needs rebalancing a bit. I do like your idea of marrying family members to appropriate noble cultures though so i will likely persevere a bit with that while things are as they are

so, i did a little bit of the mainquest, just to see how it has evolved. There pops a quest up to attack a caravan that is moving from point a to b. This quest gets updated every 10 seconds (super fast caravan) and fails after about 60 seconds.... did they even try? At this point i really have to ask myself are players at this point just test subjects?

It is the Beta branch, so yes, we are the test subjects.

No, that's not how it works. A responsible developer at least does a minimal amount of sanity checking of code changes after making them. Whether it is stepping through the code or building it and testing out the change, you should do something. It's clear that this often does not happen at TW.

Here is the situation renown of my clan jumped on 445 points after the brother of MC won a tournament. Does anyone experience the same?
yeap Duelist perk is bugged

Last edited:
Developers, since auto-block has been added to the game, can control bots/units after death be toggle option for players? I hate having to rely on mods for this option. Control of units after being knocked out ought to be apart of campaign and custom battle. I was surprised that so many players depend on auto & that you guys delivered. Adding this would make many happy especially new players.

Buying 2 towns would only be if they are 1500 prosperity, with 3 mil you might get lucky to get 1 with 5k prosperity, as a vassal I can easily get 2 towns or castles and defend them so that point is not valid
second making 30,000 a day, that is someone holding 30 million. when I have 3 million that means with .1% interest that is 3k. which is fine but I guess like Warband we do need mods, heck can't get any help with for traders and they hit them again with spring of gold cap
So both arguements are off, lucky to buy 3 towns, and I mean lucky because need low prosperity towns close by not sure whos screen shot that is that is holding 30 million, I have never had a trader with even 10 milionn
so showing a screenshot of someone hoarding 15 mil and editing the code is no reason to cap spring of gold for others because someone edits their game and hoards more than I ever have as a trader in 1000 hours of gameplay
That is a sad move by the developement team
"hey this guy edited his game, so lets cap a skill because of it" Just outrageous anyone would think that is a reason to cap a skill for others who play it without modding

Its not healthy for game that you can buy more than 3 towns at day 1000. It is not easy for non trading players to take 3 towns and hold them by force too.

Also look this screenshot do you think these numbers seem ok for gameplay, its not different from cheating :

boV_G.jpg

If you think game is fun this way you can make a mod giving you every day 5-10K. Even you can do this by adding one line code.

Last edited:
Developers, since auto-block has been added to the game, can control bots/units after death be toggle option for players? I hate having to rely on mods for this option. Control of units after being knocked out ought to be apart of campaign and custom battle. I was surprised that so many players depend on auto & that you guys delivered. Adding this would make many happy especially new players.

Wouldn't that unbalance the game? If you're down then you're down. Getting infinite lives as any of your soldiers seems unbalanced.

Wouldn't that unbalance the game? If you're down then you're down. Getting infinite lives as any of your soldiers seems unbalanced.
The same can be said for auto block but I don't use auto block so you don't have use this. I don't bash people for using auto block either it's for people who want it. And no its the opposite at least for me.

Back
Top Bottom