Beta Patch Notes e1.5.7

Users who are viewing this thread

so ah, i have a 'preventive medicine' on my MC and effects of this perk are 'personal', is it normal that my Surgeon's perk 'self-medication' cancels or overrides the effect of 'preventive medicine' of my MC?

All the performance problems mentioned over the last weeks are still present both in 1.5.6 and 1.5.7. The latter is especially unbearable to play even for 5 minutes. And the graphics still look so terrible that I really wonder what the hell you did there. Ah, and the inventory is still sorted in a way that absolutely doesn`t make sense.

1.5.5 for ever and ever.

I've been ranting about the UI. It already has some terrible flaws that could pretty easily be fixed with a few quality of life improvements and here we are almost a year into EA and somehow something in this release has made it much slower. I'm not talking about a minor performance issue; somehow there are seconds of latency between clicking on a button and something happening (I've counted up to about 7 seconds).

I don't understand how a performance issue like that makes it from someone's local repo to actually being merged with production code unless it simply isn't undergoing testing ad the dev's desk. Beyond that, I don't see how no one notices it and it makes it to the beta. Same with the a lot of other things such as map stuttering, memory leaks, missing notables, etc. These are things are plainly obvious in an hour of play, if not minutes.

Are they also aware of UI latency? Something broke in 1.5.7. If they're saying nothing has changed I'm wondering if anyone is tracking it as an issue.

Yes it is tracked. But I don't think it is related with the UI. Like @Duh_TaleWorlds said

The performance problems may not be directly related to UI but shaders. This is something we are looking into. Anybody who is experiencing performance issues can help with this process by switching to the telemetry branch and sending us a recording of the issue (or issues). Please note the telemetry branch is using version 1.5.6 (so it is practical for MP as well). However, likely these issues affect both versions.

I have tested both versions after yesterday`s hotfix and it doesn`t make much sense to show you the performance of 1.5.6 if it is much worse in 1.5.7. There is still the campaign map stuttering in 1.5.6, it seems to be a bit less bad as it was during the beta phase but the real problem is 1.5.7. I already knew this as I started the game after installing the latest version and began a new campaign. It`s taking so long to load that you almost fall asleep during the loading process. Half of your time is now spent with waiting everytime you click on something.

Graphics in 1.5.6 also look normal and in 1.5.7 it is totally out of control. As if there are only 4 colors left in the game and everything is extra washed out so it looks like a vintage Playstation 1 game.

Last edited:
Don`t know if you understand why I complain about the graphics and it`s a bit hard to explain. My impression is that there is zero depth in the battle maps anymore and that the graphics on the campaign map get super bad depending on the daytime and how much you zoom in or out.

My misunderstanding.

I don't see how you can conflate a limit to spring of gold (SoG) with them trying to force you to grind money. Isn't your point that you can already make enough money with fiefs that there's no point to limit SoG? So what's wrong with fixing SoG if it wont stop you anyways?

I agree that money-making opportunites could be built upon, but I dont see how this relates to SoG fixes. Think they saw some broke and fixed it.

Do you have any ideas on making the money-making opportunities fun?

First, I think money needs to have more ways to be spent. In order for making money to be more fun, it helps a lot if that money can be used in pursuit of other player goals.

One example would be the current system of raising notable relations by leaving companions behind. Maybe we could leave a companion behind and give them a small party who runs around an area raising relations with the villagers. We could task out a companion with gathering a herd of warhorses. Recruiting a large number of [race] recruits. Clear out bandit lairs in an area. Each of these options would cost money and a companions time, but give the player something they normally need to run around and do themselves.

Once there are a lot more ways to spend money, we could look at increasing rewards for tournaments. Maybe use the tournament for some other ways, such as quests to fix a horse race. Just plain betting on a horse race. Betting on tournaments the player is not in.

We could make looting more interesting by giving the ability to find better loot at the risk of some enemies catching you unprepared. (I don't know if this is possible code wise.) After a fight, you get a base amount of loot and an option to use your roguery skill to try to search for some good stuff. If there are enemies around that might catch you, we make the player sit and risk getting caught. If there are no enemies for a good distance, just roll the results and don't waste the players time. If the player is caught, the fight should start with all his troops spread out and scattered.

Many of the current quests could be given better rewards for succeeding at the skill check results, and the option of pushing for more money. (Right now I always take the no money reward for deserter extortion because money is meaningless to me and relationship is gold.)

Don`t know if you understand why I complain about the graphics and it`s a bit hard to explain. My impression is that there is zero depth in the battle maps anymore and that the graphics on the campaign map get super bad depending on the daytime and how much you zoom in or out.
I don't know if it it's related but you can try deleting C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord folder.

I don't know if it it's related but you can try deleting C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord folder.
Thanks for your suggestion. I followed it after going back to 1.5.6 and compared it to 1.5.5. It turned out to be the new layers on the campaign map (the more you zoom out the less detailed) that cause this.

To avoid misunderstandings - deleting the folder didn`t help fixing the issue, I only found out what I am so uncomfortable with.

Update after spending the whole day switching between the three latest branches:

I take the part about the battle maps back after comparing with 1.5.5. The new maps tend to be more open terrain but have the same graphics quality as the old ones - everything fine. I also take back my criticism about the general quality of the new maps, there are some really nice ones which add a lot of diversity.

What annoys me in 1.5.7:
- after yesterday`s patch still very long loading times and unresponsive menues
- campaign map stuttering also not fixed
- worse looking campaign map with the new layer system
- unsorted inventory
- much worse icon quality in the trade and personal inventory, for example the highland head wrap that the looters wear
- incoherent new troop icons that don`t harmonize with the old ones (icon quality, angle from where they are portrayed)

Sadly can`t say anything about rebellions and snowballing cause I won`t spend the time to experience this unless the performance is not getting better.

Last edited:
I reported these comments to test team and UI team but we could not understand what is broken at 1.5.6 can somebody explains what is different between 1.5.5 inventory and 1.5.6 inventory? UI says nothing changed there. But we get several reports like this so probably something should be different. If we can understand problem it can be fixed.
Search Bar for inventory would help with sorting and locating things as you play and clutter it up.

The old "face enemy / face direction" commands from the original setup were much better. They were in a more useable position (f2 menu) and having them in that same menu on separate buttons was more efficient. The old behavior of the command allowing you to see where the line was facing before confirming the order was also better. The original command layout in general was perfectly functional - I hope you guys are planning on allowing it as an option. The new layouts from recent patches are clunky and inefficient, thought it's nice to see "hold fire / fire at will" back on f4. Why on earth would you put a command as important as "face direction" on f7?
agree with this completely

Hotfix 18/01/21

Singleplayer

• Fixed spring of gold perk effect and capped to a maximum of 1000 gold per day.
Alright, you are rendering trading as one way of winning the game useless.
Since the "Everything has a Price" perk is at 300 skill points, it takes I would say 900-1100 days to get there (there has been a report on making it at around day 750 but I would say that is an exception). I did it in 1.5.5. once myself and I was able to buy my first town at around 950 in-game days and that was skilling it up to the max. 10 attribute and 5 focus points. I had like 3.5 million denars at that point and, well spring of gold gave me a good amount of money daily and I was able to finance my large elite party with that and with caravans and workshops still make a good daily gain. but you know what? You need that! A town will cost several million denars a castle some hundred thousand. 1000 a day is only peanuts. Every vassal battle you are doing gives you around 10k worth of prisoners and loot. That is no comparison at all.
The "spring of gold" perk was another useful, powerful trader perk that at least helped you to survive! Now capped to 1000... that sucks. Instead of nerfing trading, you should strengthen that way of playing the game and move "everything has a price" to 250 or at least to 275.

Any idea when we will see the 1.6 Update?
I am curious if we will see a new major patch in some time or if TW changes the way they name their patches. Because when i look back it looks like there is no difference between a minor patch 1.X.X and a atleast in numerical categorisation larger patch 1.X.
It is now the first time that we stay so long on one and the same number even if the magnitude of changes is larger with 1.5.6 for example then with any of the earlier major patches acording to the patch numbers. (so 1.5., 1.4 and so on)

I keep getting spammed with conspiracy quests, the problem is that these quests are either non functional or crash the game.

- Asks me to find a bandit hideout near a castle, but the bandit hideout doesn't exist (endless running in circles and nothing)
- Asks me to destroy 3 groups of bandits = crashes the game.

Meanwhile the game punishes you for these bugs since the conspiracy continues to grow stronger.

Just an observation regarding culture. It's very powerful at the moment and also not sure how to offset it.

So I pretty much always play with Aseri or Vlandian culture as the bonuses for the others are pretty bad in comparison so in my current game I am a Northern imperial vassal and I have Vlandian culture. I noticed that my castle (imperial culture) is going to take 512 days (6+ ingame years) to build Lvl 2 walls. I traced this back to low loyalty which is due to my culture being different (-3) and my also Vlandian brother being governor (-1). So I switch him out for my Imperal wife and now the walls will take only 156 days and everyone is supper happy.

I accept that culture should be important but should it really be this important?

Chances are if you are a vassal of a non imperial faction then you will be awarded fiefs not of your culture as apart from the ones your fellow vassals already have, every single fief on the map is not your culture.
Given that there are no high steward companions, this limits your choice for governors to your wife/husband and only if you married one that is not of your culture.

In the above example I also have level 3 fairgrounds which is not good enough to help. at all really (+1.5)

Back
Top Bottom