Beta Patch Notes e1.5.7

Users who are viewing this thread

It doesn't make sense at all as a perk but it happened in history many times and should be a normal part of gameplay to exchange fiefs with monetary compensation or other things a lord might want (like marriage) or to offer when trying to recruit lords to your faction.

Maybe keep it as a perk for the ability to outright buy a fief for just money but trading them for other equally important things should be enabled by default.

It could even enable a Normandy-like situation, say you are independent and making a living hell for a faction so they eventually get tired of trying to fight you and offer a fief in their faction for you to shut up and start terrorizing their enemies instead.

You are talking about super rare cases where people may have sold fiefs because they couldn't manage the fief or it was too poor or some other abnormal circumstance. No family is going to sell their only fief (or one of the very limited fiefs they have) to someone else, especially if that person is in another kingdom. I can see trading fiefs with people in your own kingdom, I can see offering fiefs as part as an alliance or marriage agreement or something, but not selling fiefs to some nobody or some potential enemy.

You are talking about super rare cases where people may have sold fiefs because they couldn't manage the fief or it was too poor or some other abnormal circumstance. No family is going to sell their only fief (or one of the very limited fiefs they have) to someone else, especially if that person is in another kingdom. I can see trading fiefs with people in your own kingdom, I can see offering fiefs as part as an alliance or marriage agreement or something, but not selling fiefs to some nobody or some potential enemy.
Agreed and i was trying to say more or less the same thing as you, outright selling fiefs is far from common and yeah that as a perk for 250+ could work to give you some exceptional feature for achieving such high level but it should be limited like you said, no one in their right mind would sell their only fief in an age where landownership was everything but i can see a lord/monarch with many spare fiefs won from conquests accepting to make a quick large sum by selling their poorest fief for example

beyond that it should be part of internal negotiations between clans, dowries and the like only.

Agreed and i was trying to say more or less the same thing as you, outright selling fiefs is far from common and yeah that as a perk for 250+ could work to give you some exceptional feature for achieving such high level but it should be limited like you said, no one in their right mind would sell their only fief in an age where landownership was everything but i can see a lord/monarch with many spare fiefs won from conquests accepting to make a quick large sum by selling their poorest fief for example

beyond that it should be part of internal negotiations between clans, dowries and the like only.
I can see it working if you surround some enemy castles with your fiefs. Maybe better for them to sell them get some money before they lose them to a siege.

Yes I do realize that, but in that screenshot the player has 15 million denars, he has 4 towns and 5 castles, which he could sell for another 6-7 million denars. That is a companion's party wage for 22,000 days.
My misunderstanding.

The question is, how does limiting that income make the game better? The amount of money needed to earn a game-breaking income from "spring of gold" is already in and of itself game-breaking.

My concern is that the devs seem to be too worried that the player can earn too much passive money per day, they are trying to force us to grind money rather than making the money-making opportunities fun so that we want to do them for the money and the enjoyment of doing them.
I don't see how you can conflate a limit to spring of gold (SoG) with them trying to force you to grind money. Isn't your point that you can already make enough money with fiefs that there's no point to limit SoG? So what's wrong with fixing SoG if it wont stop you anyways?

I agree that money-making opportunites could be built upon, but I dont see how this relates to SoG fixes. Think they saw some broke and fixed it.

Do you have any ideas on making the money-making opportunities fun?

• Fixed spring of gold perk effect and capped to a maximum of 1000 gold per day.
Someone at Taleworlds hates Trades, 4th hit they have taken since 1.5.6. Just eliminate its that bad a problem. Sprig of gold and caravans are making too much, I can make 10X just fighting.
There's so many unbalanced money things that I guess it all evens out.
Delevier the herd : here take my 15-20K of aseri war horses!
In and out :I pay 1k to skip the gameand get 4-6k reward thanks
I have a town: all the prisoners the npcs put in it I get to ransom even though I'm at peace! :twisted:
Meanwhile: Spend 22K+ companion to send out a new carvan.... 2 days later it's killed by EMBERS OF THE FLAME? How? How did they catch my caravan? It was even a khuzait leader! Khachin the Alone!... You're fired!

Guess I beter turn of BL and get the update lol

There's so many unbalanced money things that I guess it all evens out.
Delevier the herd : here take my 15-20K of aseri war horses!
In and out :I pay 1k to skip the gameand get 4-6k reward thanks
I have a town: all the prisoners the npcs put in it I get to ransom even though I'm at peace! :twisted:
Meanwhile: Spend 22K+ companion to send out a new carvan.... 2 days later it's killed by EMBERS OF THE FLAME? How? How did they catch my caravan? It was even a khuzait leader! Khachin the Alone!... You're fired!

Guess I beter turn of BL and get the update lol
Yes till they nerf them all.

It is not easy for non trading players to take 3 towns and hold them by force too.
I take like 7 or 8 most games lol You pretty much need that much territory/power for vassals to want to join you at all.
In the easiest playthrough I ever did I took em all with only 1 siege the whole game. I cut everyone's head off.

@emrozdemir

The old "face enemy / face direction" commands from the original setup were much better. They were in a more useable position (f2 menu) and having them in that same menu on separate buttons was more efficient. The old behavior of the command allowing you to see where the line was facing before confirming the order was also better. The original command layout in general was perfectly functional - I hope you guys are planning on allowing it as an option. The new layouts from recent patches are clunky and inefficient, thought it's nice to see "hold fire / fire at will" back on f4. Why on earth would you put a command as important as "face direction" on f7?
This
Thank you

And of course we need more orders by introducing new buttons, but f7/8/9 are redundant. I would prefer adding switch weapon command plus width and pace as you had in E3 2017 demos.

Last edited:
All the performance problems mentioned over the last weeks are still present both in 1.5.6 and 1.5.7. The latter is especially unbearable to play even for 5 minutes. And the graphics still look so terrible that I really wonder what the hell you did there. Ah, and the inventory is still sorted in a way that absolutely doesn`t make sense.

1.5.5 for ever and ever.

Or just give people the freedom to customize their command interface as they like? Why are ya'll so hellbent on making the game as rigid as possible.
As far as that is concerned, I am in favour of rigidity. I mean, it's great to give the player options to "tailor" certain aspects of the game; key binding, interface size and even keyboard - gamepad switching options.
However, I think that a command interface should be something well welded and that all players should operate in the same way, both in SP and MP.

Personally, the interface that I liked the most was the one seen at E3 in 2017.

If we had that applied now we would only have to add a weapon change function to have a basic UI totally solid (touching up slightly face orders to make it more intuitive). But no, Taleworlds likes to experiment with gamepad UI's now trying meaningless hybrid crosses. And it's not at all a criticism against emrozdemir, like so many other devs he simply executes orders that come from above.

The **** are you talking about. We are here because we want Bannerlord multiplayer -snip- , all we are asking for is for TW to give more resources to MP. Singleplayer has been given 95% of the focus and that has completely killed the MP. We were motivated to host events, we had thousands of people eager to have a good experience and they ****ed it up.
mr.theystilloweusafewsingleplayerfeatures. They OWE US A WHOLE GODDAMN $25 worth of ****ing content that we ****ing paid for
MP is lame. Like you

The old "face enemy / face direction" commands from the original setup were much better. They were in a more useable position (f2 menu) and having them in that same menu on separate buttons was more efficient. The old behavior of the command allowing you to see where the line was facing before confirming the order was also better. The original command layout in general was perfectly functional - I hope you guys are planning on allowing it as an option. The new layouts from recent patches are clunky and inefficient, thought it's nice to see "hold fire / fire at will" back on f4. Why on earth would you put a command as important as "face direction" on f7?

Exactly, and the thing i miss the most is "the old behavior of the command allowing you to see where the line was facing before confirming the order."

Still need to fix the inventory. It's a mess trying to find anything. Why was that even messed with? It was perfect. Been screwed up since 1.5.6 beta

I reported these comments to test team and UI team but we could not understand what is broken at 1.5.6 can somebody explains what is different between 1.5.5 inventory and 1.5.6 inventory? UI says nothing changed there. But we get several reports like this so probably something should be different. If we can understand problem it can be fixed.

Last edited:
I reported these comments to test team and UI team but we could not understand what is broken at 1.5.6 can somebody explains what is different between 1.5.5 inventory and 1.5.6 inventory. UI says nothing changed there. But we get several reports like this so probably something should be different.
Items were sorted by their price after getting sorted by their type in 1.5.5. In 1.5.6 inventory sorts differently every time you open it because price sort doesn't seem to happen.

So, ironmonger in Sibir (prosperity 2445) makes less money (10) as a companions wage (22). What a nonsense. When will all the workshop finally properly work? This happens when there is no real economy behind the scenes. How about calculate the income of the workshops based on real demands of population and recruitment. They all need armor, shields, weapons after all...

How about make proper relation for - olive press, tannery, pottery shops, linen weavers, wood workshops, wool weavers. These are all commodities necessary for the population. So Sibir has around 1k6 hearts in bound villages (have no idea how much Sibir has, I couldn't find the info). Why not to define basic needs per heart and cover the needs by workshops (and traders from villages, or external suppliers). Or is this already working like this? Is there a plan to fix the economy like this at all? Note - I can see economy on the todo list (or roadmap).

Not to mention the luxury workshops - velvet weavers, silversmith, brewery, wine press. Loyalty and security could be bounded to luxury resource consummation / demand.

Inventory sorting changes have been added internally. Items being sorted by their values must have been from something else and not intended. So we didn't explicitly remove sorting like that. It should be live with the next patch.

Back
Top Bottom