Beta Patch Notes e1.5.7

Users who are viewing this thread

I do say my idea for children getting skills as they age was a good idea, but the new education system is really good and I am happy with it, Whatever dev or programmer did that deserves a gold star

We did the mexxico for president thing quite a while back now, and i can't even remember if it was before 1.5 lol
yeah that time I tagged his name, won't make that mistake again

I do say my idea for children getting skills as they age was a good idea, but the new education system is really good and I am happy with it, Whatever dev or programmer did that deserves a gold star
it's nice but there are issues with characters or rather how they acquire skills or not.
so as an example i have an emissary in one of the towns, right? so in a year and a half, he managed to get charm up to level 25. just consider it. this character has been designated to carry out a single task that affects a particular skill. and progression of this skill is pitiful.

governor. now the governor does not progress in engineering at all. governor progress in steward painfully slow, much slower than a party leader.

so we have several skills that progress slowly or not progress at all under the context of assigned roles. the problem is that unless we have direct control over a character, that character will never ever be just an advanced like a MC, which makes all that dynasty idea is a rather useless concept because if our MC dies for one reason or another, its replacement will never ever be just as developed. never.
well at least at the current state of game.
---
another remark on skill progression and fiefs acquisition. Now, at very basic level we want our governor to be skilled in steward, medicine, engineering, leadership, trade and possibly charm, the rest of the skills are optional. Now, considering how fast we can get ourself a town (if we play our cards right) there is no way we can have a governor skilled enough to run a town efficiently and help in its development.
I pick MC's brother as governor only because of his skills which help to minimize loyalty loss long enough, that bonuses from security and building would kick in to negate loyalty loss.
This education system is nice, but overall, it is useless.(as of now)

Last edited:
it's nice but there are issues with characters or rather how they acquire skills or not.
so as an example i have an emissary in one of the towns, right? so in a year and a half, he managed to get charm up to level 25. just consider it. this character has been designated to carry out a single task that affects a particular skill. and progression of this skill is pitiful.

governor. now the governor does not progress in engineering at all. governor progress in steward painfully slow, much slower than a party leader.

so we have several skills that progress slowly or not progress at all under the context of assigned roles. the problem is that unless we have direct control over a character, that character will never ever be just an advanced like a MC, which makes all that dynasty idea is a rather useless concept because if our MC dies for one reason or another, its replacement will never ever be just as developed. never.
well at least at the current state of game.
---
another remark on skill progression and fiefs acquisition. Now, at very basic level we want our governor to be skilled in steward, medicine, engineering, leadership, trade and possibly charm, the rest of the skills are optional. Now, considering how fast we can get ourself a town (if we play our cards right) there is no way we can have a governor skilled enough to run a town efficiently and help in its development.
I pick MC's brother as governor only because of his skills which help to minimize loyalty loss long enough, that bonuses from security and building would kick in to negate loyalty loss.
This education system is nice, but overall, it is useless.
I was thinking the system more for an heir later, I know some skills need their focus rate adjusted like medicine, engineering. They do have uses but a govenor no.

Interesting. I will examine it. Maybe they are outlaw minor clans? They have ability to recruit around villages without entering a village. It was old feature maybe not needed anymore.

Out of topic but look that screenshot, can you see the giant bug there (today I see it by chance) :

jf4CS.png

It was on game since end of May.

I have also noticed this bug for regular vassal clans as @Apocal mentioned. To reproduce the issue, just wait close to a village and you will see how a lord is recruiting troops while not being close to the village. It does not happen always tough and I also noticed this in 1.5.6 but did not reported it because I was not sure if it was something related re-spawning lords feature or something else, so not a new bug.

to get really lucky
the problem is not even with the rate of gaining a level within a discipline (although it's a major part of the issue), the problem is with means of acquiring these levels.
as it now it's just as you said, you get lucky with level and perks, or you spent next 5-6 years trying to reach at least level 100. and at that point, it is no longer relevant.

p.s. let me expand a little bit. ok so i got myself an engineer which i wanna make a governor, or husbando/waifu, or a brother (and in my experience all of them a dead-end characters). So... engineer, this character has 3-4 points in INT. What are the next steps? We get our focus points from smithing, we set this character as a quartermaster of the main party so within a year it would reach ~200 steward. And that's it. There are no other options of how we can advance a character into a governor position, and this character would still miss certain bonuses from some disciplines because we can't train them fast enough or we can't train them at all. Yeah, we can make more or less decent governor by manually working his sorry-ass into shape, but if we take... let us call it a natural approach to the process, there is no way character would develop itself into something useful.

Last edited:
So characters still don't gain skills when you make them a governor or give them a party?
the governor will slowly gain steward. party leaders will evolve in combat disciplines, steward, tactics, medicine, engineering, roguery, scouting, leadership and trade. but slowly. basically, the only skills they would acquire relatively fast is steward.

Factions which lost territories were usually requiring high tributes to establish peace

Oh no, I had a save just after I've got three towns and one castle from NE and tried to buy peace. They wanted 400 kilos at 1.5.6 but with new 1.5.7 asked 440.

I have also noticed this bug for regular vassal clans as @Apocal mentioned. To reproduce the issue, just wait close to a village and you will see how a lord is recruiting troops while not being close to the village. It does not happen always tough and I also noticed this in 1.5.6 but did not reported it because I was not sure if it was something related re-spawning lords feature or something else, so not a new bug.

I have a open thread on the support forums for this issue and will upload files later today. I would encourage others that have seen the bug to post on this thread so they have more stuff to go by. https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/ai-ghost-recruiting.437612/#post-9621590

Old bugs that still exist in 1.5.7. new campaign:
- tournament weapons still apear as price (for me it was blunt iron braodsword),
- Highland warlord/noble bracers still have broken graphics. This bug will have a birthday in 2 months. :party:
- inventory list still not properly sorted

PdxEFNd.jpg

Back
Top Bottom