Beta Patch Notes e1.5.6

Users who are viewing this thread

Are there plans to bring the old command bar back?

I just updated from 1.5.4 to 1.5.6 and the new '3 option' bar seems to make giving commands even more cumbersome. I tried to get my archers to hold fire unaware that the bar had been changed. It would have been as simple as '2' then 'F4'. Why add another level to this?

Are there plans to bring the old command bar back?

I just updated from 1.5.4 to 1.5.6 and the new '3 option' bar seems to make giving commands even more cumbersome. I tried to get my archers to hold fire unaware that the bar had been changed. It would have been as simple as '2' then 'F4'. Why add another level to this?
thought there is a option to use old command look, however the commands have changed and switching won't change back.
loose formation, shield wall are different now and using old look or new radial dial won't change them back, you are forced to learn the new system

I have seen a streamer play and didn't get it so not sure if it is tied to just have a lower running system or specific to a video card, not sure but I do have it

It was like that at release. It was removed because players created parties and immediately disbanded it for free troops.
Developers often listen to players too much. This is true for other games. Suddenly, the games lose consistency, depth and become weird stuff "to please the players who shout the loudest." It is as if to make a film the director listened to the critics before finishing, his film would no longer look like anything (this is sometimes the case for series, it is often catastrophic). It's silly. You shouldn't listen to the public too much (except for crashes).

thought there is a option to use old command look, however the commands have changed and switching won't change back.
loose formation, shield wall are different now and using old look or new radial dial won't change them back, you are forced to learn the new system
The look is there but its basically 8 options spilt between 2 levels rather than just one level. so they are utilizing 3 ' F' keys to then access another menu with 5 rather than just have them all on the same one..... there are 12 'F' keys on my keyboard so what's the problem and why do we have to stack them? why have it on two levels when it can all just be easily accessed on one? :sad:

I guess I'll try the radial one and see if it's any better. If not then hopefully someone brings the old one back with mods or something

Developers often listen to players too much. This is true for other games. Suddenly, the games lose consistency, depth and become weird stuff "to please the players who shout the loudest." It is as if to make a film the director listened to the critics before finishing, his film would no longer look like anything (this is sometimes the case for series, it is often catastrophic). It's silly. You shouldn't listen to the public too much (except for crashes).
there are some other things that should be listened too, I just did a test to see how long it takes to get 300 trade so I could get everything ha a price and depending on how many social points you take it took, between 1300-2200 days to get it, that is crazy and needs adjusting. I do agree they shouldn't listen to every idea out there, but there are some that are just outrageous and need altering

The look is there but its basically 8 options spilt between 2 levels rather than just one level. so they are utilizing 3 ' F' keys to then access another menu with 5 rather than just have them all on the same one..... there are 12 'F' keys on my keyboard so what's the problem and why do we have to stack them? why have it on two levels when it can all just be easily accessed on one? :sad:

I guess I'll try the radial one and see if it's any better. If not then hopefully someone brings the old one back with mods or something
doing this from memory but I believe loose formation was F3 F3, think now it is F2 F3 same thing with shield wall that one changed also

doing this from memory but I believe loose formation was F3 F3, think now it is F2 F3 same thing with shield wall that one changed also
I mean the formations are not that much of an issue as its still only 2 keys. just need to get used to them to fact that its F2 now and not F3. It's the other options (hold fire, Face, delegate, transfer etc). You now basically need to press F3 then select them rather than just select them. It's not the end of the world but I can't see any benefits what so ever to adding a layer of complexity to the same set of options so can't see why was it done.

I mean the formations are not that much of an issue as its still only 2 keys. just need to get used to them to fact that its F2 now and not F3. It's the other options (hold fire, Face, delegate, transfer etc). You now basically need to press F3 then select them rather than just select them. It's not the end of the world but I can't see any benefits what so ever to adding a layer of complexity to the same set of options so can't see why was it done.
I get that, and it took some time but now I am used to it so no big deal, the only question is why did it need to be changed in the first place

between 1300-2200 days to get it, that is crazy and needs adjusting
it took eleven years to get 275 in steward for me and that's a passive so to speak skill. now, how many units do we need to kill in order to hit 275 in athletics? thousands. and double that number for riding.
now i don't actually mind all that, but in that case, i want perks to having a much greater impact on the gameplay. or make us progress faster.
because i really doubt that my MC will hit 300 in steward before she dies.

it took eleven years to get 275 in steward for me and that's a passive so to speak skill. now, how many units do we need to kill in order to hit 275 in athletics? thousands. and double that number for riding.
now i don't actually mind all that, but in that case, i want perks to have a much greater impact on the gameplay. or make us progress faster.
because i really doubt that my MC will hit 300 in steward before she dies.
I would like to see them change the focus points, keep the cap at 330 but allows us to maybe put an extra focus point into a skill, that would allow us to level it faster but receive to high end benefit as our 330 cap stays the same. I think it helps out death games a lot as many people will die before they even get close to 300. But I see no negative option to allow 6 points into a skill if you keep the cap the same, in the end you are gaining a faster learning rate but also sacrificing a skill point in the end game, so a good trade off IMO

i think it's 300. i was using console command and it won't go higher than 300 with 10 attributes and 5 focus in the discipline... unless i input absurd number of xp so that game would fail to calculate it properly.
It's 330
10 attribute points 10 X 14-10 is 130, and 5 focus points 5 X 40 is 200 200+130=330
unless some skills are capped differently

mmmm... i observe this everytime i want to see how build would look like. i mean not even a single skill can pass 300.
lbdD1TW.jpg

With the same m
have you tried to drive Sturgian/Vlandian heavy lance through their faces? 1-4 lords often die in major engagements in my experience.
besides what does it mean "overpopulation" kids can't fight, which means you need to wait 18 years before lordly offsprings take the field if they even do that, cause not all lords lead armies, some of them are governors of castles or towns.

From my experience, we have less casualty than that. Indeed the kids cannot fight right away, but they are not vanishing either. eventually, they will leads the army and flood the map after 30 years (am I the only one played for that long? XD).

mmmm... i observe this everytime i want to see how build would look like. i mean not even a single skill can pass 300.
are you using cheat mode to just enter their skills, it only allows you to go to 300, but then you can level them up to 330
smithing is maxed and I just got past 300 steward
kPL_q.png

Back
Top Bottom