Beta Patch Notes e1.5.6

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes castles need to server a good purpose, they should be harder to siege and capture and maybe higher garrison cap because they are military types and need an advantage since towns are wanted. They need to be just as important to a kingdom as a town is. Some military type advantage, higher garrison cap, double or triple the training rate of troops, they need something to be desirable
tbh i do feel castles are important as they are. Storing troops in town is risky cause the food constantly changes and if it gets drained too hard it will nuke your garrison. That;s why i use castles to store all my troops and i use towns for taxes

In the case, they can go lost, nope. I find to many artisans, gang leaders, merchants who have - 255 power or more, but they stay in town. I think only notables of villages can get lost, but at a much reduced rate.

2. Have a suggestion for castles prosperity. Since Kingdom policies "Selfdom" really hurts them. What would you think that if the prosperity of a castle gets a bonus from the number of herd fires of their surrounding villages. like 200=1prosperity.

Edit: should be capped by 1 prosp. , since castles shouldn't be money maker. (at least in my eyes)

Do you know if they will add Lords after I kill one? because the game feels empty if I kill Lords, because I know that another will not come in his place. It would be very interesting and immersive for the children of the Lords to grow up, take their place and have more children to grow up to be Lords, kings, etc.

Do you know if they will add Lords after I kill one? because the game feels empty if I kill Lords, because I know that another will not come in his place. It would be very interesting and immersive for the children of the Lords to grow up, take their place and have more children to grow up to be Lords, kings, etc.
That happens now, the kids will also now get married and have have kids themselves. Of course they aren't instantly replaced, it will take time for the kids to grow up.

Yes but the post you quoted doesn't mention loyalty at all.

My bad. I was referring to this post in another thread.

I think we should remove loyality and security variables from castles because they do not go rebellion. I said this last week to design team but these two variables have several more minor effects too (if security is less than 25% tax is decreased by 10%, which is not good design imo because alredy loyality effects tax and security effects loyality)

current situation :

loyality effects rebellion

loyality effects tax

loyality effects building speed

security effects tax

security effects loyality

If loyality and security is removed from castles production can always continue and tax (which is so low compared to towns) can always be collected. These will not create any problems.

Of course this is my preference it can change person to person. I prefer getting rid of nearly useless variables and reduce complexity if it does not add positives to gameplay. I am not aganist complexity but if we create complexity it should add something to gameplay

Sorry, I don't get it. Please correct me if I am wrong:
Mexxico wants to make castles more profitable by removing security and loyalty. How does that make castles more useless?

I'm not telling that what he wants is a bad thing. Just that by this statement he proves that they got worse with new mechanic. For real I hope that he will be able to make something with it.

Wanted to ask the devs, is there any plan to have the Tab screen after battle re-designed to have a more medieval theme? Currenlty if I wasn't playing Bannerlord and I saw the screen out of context, I couldn't tell I was playing a medieval game by design alone and the icons. Btw love the game overall great job!
go here https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/ui.701/
and make a suggestion. this is the closest thing for some dev to see it. don't expect an answer though.

their UI sucks compared to warband. our only hope is mods.

Sorry, I don't get it. Please correct me if I am wrong:
Mexxico wants to make castles more profitable by removing security and loyalty. How does that make castles more useless?

I'm not telling that what he wants is a bad thing. Just that by this statement he proves that they got worse with new mechanic. For real I hope that he will be able to make something with it.

Yes with new security / loyality additions average tax from castles and towns are both reduced (because if loyality < 50 or security < 25 tax reduces) and yes if we can get rid of security and loyality at castles (which are nearly useless currently because there is no rebellion in castles) castles will be more profitable at least and we can make overall design more fluid (with less variables). Of course this will not be enough because castles should be good for military not economy actually but it is better than nothing. But for a short time I do not think it will be accepted. It was just an idea.

Yes with new security / loyality additions average tax from castles and towns are both reduced (because if loyality < 50 or security < 25 tax reduces) and yes if we can get rid of security and loyality at castles (which are nearly useless currently because there is no rebellion in castles) castles will be more profitable at least and we can make overall design more fluid (with less variables). Of course this will not be enough because castles should be good for military not economy actually but it is better than nothing. But for a short time I do not think it will be accepted. It was just an idea.

If they are meant to be useful for military purposes they need to pose a threat to fielded armies nearby. This means that garrisons should not be only for defence or at least that lords will use them to hide from enemies to make sieges harder.

I think that they should also be able to send reinforcement to nearby besieged settlements. But that is a wishfull thinking.

In case of economy I think that villagers from attached villages should bring goods to the castle and castle should send some form of caravan or something to the city. That way they will have a purpose but this is probably hard to implement.

I believe I understand, you were talking about current implementation and you hope mexxicos's proposed changes make it into the game?

Making Castles able to send garrison to help besieged towns would be great, but I think that not possible. How the AI would handle this? I mean, AI takes into account garrison before targeting a fief to attack, so these castles would look much more appealing to besiege if garrison goes out.

I think that castles should provide noble units easier. Maybe adding notables who only provide noble units but at lower speed.

Last edited:
Wanted to ask the devs, is there any plan to have the Tab screen after battle re-designed to have a more medieval theme? Currenlty if I wasn't playing Bannerlord and I saw the screen out of context, I couldn't tell I was playing a medieval game by design alone and the icons. Btw love the game overall great job!
Usability> Art Design

I would rather see things rather then have to burn my eyes to do it

Just look at the KCD inventory design it has a cool medieval theme yes it does is it stupidly hard to use because of that design also yes

Lets not even talk about CK2 medieval UI design

Hey guys, did your character get fatter and fatter? No matter what my char eat, he turn into a balloon in no time.

Is it just me or some kind of new bug? I install no mod. And i roll back to 1.5.5, the body weight thing work smoothly, you only gain weight while you idle in town, and you can keep the weight under control if you watch your diet, like only eat grain.

Now? No matter what food my character eat, the body weight raise like 0.1 everyday, it's quite annoying. I know this is not important, but any information is apperciated.

Back
Top Bottom