Beta Patch Notes e1.5.6

Users who are viewing this thread

yes the 1.5.5. was making clear progress, and here I think the additions have destabilized a lot of things. I'll come back when things get better ... Now I'm tired of serving as guinea pigs

I noticed some comments saying that it was difficult to make money and complaining about passive income, honestly I don't know how you guys play this game, I'm a mercenary and I just reached 1 Million just by fighting every party smaller than mine.
No caravans no Workshop, no fiefs, just loot and I'm buying every single horse/warhorse I can, even Aserai horses at prices such as 1.6K/unit and also I have all the food variety.

If you don't make money just stop upgrading your troops, mine are T2-T3 at most, except for noble who are trained until T6, and I auto battle every single fight.
Influence from mercenary is so OP (250Gold/influence right now for me with western empire) I don't know how anyone could be poor, just stack some money before going vassal or having your own kingdom.
Yeah. Don't get me wrong, passive income should be worked on, but in the current game beating lords is very profitable and consistent. I haven't had a peace lasting more then 5 days as vassal, but I suppose YMMV.

I am in the middle of my caravan test for mexxico and I have to say, careful of caravans. I am running 5 of them and make around 500-700. Wow that looks great, but uh let me clear that up, that is 500-700 total, NOT each. So I am making around 100-125 a day per caravan. yikes, that is like a workshop now.

Am still drowning in huge amount of denars that I have nothing left to spend on and this is without mods and playing realistic. My workshops and 1 caravan are not giving me enough to pay half my daily expenses for my army but god damn is winning fights versus Lords so rewarding. Towns never have enough denars whenever I want to sell loot from fighting other Lords. It's 400 days in and I have millions of denars despite having negative daily expenses.

Test campaign without user interaction - shows only map zoom with Sturgia fiefs (bigger zoom doesn't show castles):

10 years later

20 years later

30 years later

The problem of the Sturgians is the problem of "possible alliances". In view of the tensions with the Battanians, Khuzaits and Vlandians, the Sturgians can only ally themselves with one faction of the Empire. If you give the banner to the Sturgians, they are dead because they have too many enemies. How to change that? I do not know. Nothing is clear.

- can we find them an "anti-empire" ally? I do not believe.
- Can we end the war against the Vlandians, Battanians and Khuzaits? I do not believe.

The Sturgians seem to be able to resist only if they form an alliance with the Empire. The only way to "save" the Sturgians is to give the banner to the Empire and then join the Sturgian faction.
So :
- Do "Save the Sturgians" mean: "give the banner to a faction of the Empire and then play the Sturgians"?

Regarding alliances, the game is "rough", we do not know how we should proceed ...

I just hope that the next "diplomatic" developments will bring us new insights and possibilities.

I noticed that there was often a "logic of opposites" in this game.

I am thinking of the game "Endless Space" where there is an alliance game as well. But it is very clear. From the outset, we know what is possible and impossible, we know who to be wary of and who we can get closer to. But it is evolving, we can change these diplomatic data. With Bannerlord, it's not clear ...

One could think that operating a marriage of our brother and sister with an enemy faction could lower the tensions, it is not. Well, I don't think so. And one could think that increasing its popularity among the notables of an enemy faction could increase the chances of alliance with that faction. It does not work. Well, I don't think ... There is a diplomatic element missing.

Everything seems written in advance ...

A variable is missing to make these diplomatic relations evolve... Or if this variable exists, a tool is missing to quickly visualize the situation ... As long as we cannot visualize this "diplomatic" variable, players will think that it is a "quirky game". So maybe it is...

Last edited:
So far so good. Rebellion system is nice, provides a set back for kingdoms that tend to spread far too quickly (like Khuzaits).

And while on the subject of Khuzaits there really needs to be a simulated battles re-work. They pretty much melt any army. And I don't mean "win", I mean for every troop they lose in simulation opposition lose 5-10ish. For instance, a solid Sturgian army of about 900 encounters Khuzait one of about 850 troops. Both aren't full of rookies but no all elite either. Khuzait walk away with 650 troops (lost barely 200, and most of those are wounded, not dead). I mean stuff like that only happens when you set lowest difficulty and you are leading the army. I though it was only with Sturgians but nope, Khuzaits do that to pretty much anyone. It's not even a battle, unless it is siege or you are personally combating Khuzaits, they just don't seem to lose and nobody really can catch them when they don't wanna fight. Then they get an all elite army and it gets absolutely ridiculous (which is when, I imagine, the steamroll truly begins).

One time I've seen them kinda lose in about 20 campaigns (I've just let it run, didn't do a thing) was when by some odd circumstance Southern Empire, Northern Empire and Sturgia all declared war on them and they didn't have any other wars going on. And even then they stood their ground admirably. So apparently what it takes to defeat Khuzaits is concentrated effort of 3 kingdoms who have nothing else going on.

Other factions are more or less well balanced. Battanians seem to pull harder since they have 3 cavalry units they can easily get and their kingdom is dense (not a lot of territory but lots of fiefs) so they defend easily and attack well. But still, even tho they're strong I've seen them lose plenty. Aserai also tend to pound Southern Empire a lot but generally get halted (either because they declared war on Vlandians in the meantime or Western Empire). It really seems to be a recurring theme, that more cavalry = more win. Hence why Sturgians and Empire who have the least (both have only 1 proper cav unit only as noble line) tend to lose the most.

So yeah, just that one thing (Khuzaits) cause I'm kinda sick of them ever since cavalry simulation buff. They already have massive speed advantage because of leading mounted army, cavalry archers which A.I simply don't know how to deal with and they have a good starting position (on the edge of the map), this was just overkill. Maybe add cavalry nerf when fighting in forests, hills, snow or something?

Other than that, I'm quite happy with the game (I mean, I wouldn't have 425 hours in it if I didn't). Sure I'd wish development was a bit faster but hell, we can't always get what we want and modders (tho I know this should not be the answer) seem happy to flesh it out some.

My first caravan, where I invested all my money, lasted twenty minutes of game, or less, without being at war with anyone, without belonging to any faction, just randomly was attacked by a bunch of few looters or else.
It seems that half of what happens in the game, has no sense or reason to happen, it is completely arbitrary, to make the game artificially difficult, since as it has no AI, the game would become to easy for the player.
I am beginning to enter the stage of complete dismay and beeig frustrated with the game play, and start to believe that the company, Taleworlds, which had a good idea of the game, is completely unable to bring the game to another level.

Why did you block the passages in the hideouts on the sides ????? pffouuuuuuuuuuuu ..........

So far so good. Rebellion system is nice, provides a set back for kingdoms that tend to spread far too quickly (like Khuzaits).

And while on the subject of Khuzaits there really needs to be a simulated battles re-work. They pretty much melt any army. And I don't mean "win", I mean for every troop they lose in simulation opposition lose 5-10ish. For instance, a solid Sturgian army of about 900 encounters Khuzait one of about 850 troops. Both aren't full of rookies but no all elite either. Khuzait walk away with 650 troops (lost barely 200, and most of those are wounded, not dead). I mean stuff like that only happens when you set lowest difficulty and you are leading the army. I though it was only with Sturgians but nope, Khuzaits do that to pretty much anyone. It's not even a battle, unless it is siege or you are personally combating Khuzaits, they just don't seem to lose and nobody really can catch them when they don't wanna fight. Then they get an all elite army and it gets absolutely ridiculous (which is when, I imagine, the steamroll truly begins).

One time I've seen them kinda lose in about 20 campaigns (I've just let it run, didn't do a thing) was when by some odd circumstance Southern Empire, Northern Empire and Sturgia all declared war on them and they didn't have any other wars going on. And even then they stood their ground admirably. So apparently what it takes to defeat Khuzaits is concentrated effort of 3 kingdoms who have nothing else going on.

Other factions are more or less well balanced. Battanians seem to pull harder since they have 3 cavalry units they can easily get and their kingdom is dense (not a lot of territory but lots of fiefs) so they defend easily and attack well. But still, even tho they're strong I've seen them lose plenty. Aserai also tend to pound Southern Empire a lot but generally get halted (either because they declared war on Vlandians in the meantime or Western Empire). It really seems to be a recurring theme, that more cavalry = more win. Hence why Sturgians and Empire who have the least (both have only 1 proper cav unit only as noble line) tend to lose the most.

So yeah, just that one thing (Khuzaits) cause I'm kinda sick of them ever since cavalry simulation buff. They already have massive speed advantage because of leading mounted army, cavalry archers which A.I simply don't know how to deal with and they have a good starting position (on the edge of the map), this was just overkill. Maybe add cavalry nerf when fighting in forests, hills, snow or something?

Other than that, I'm quite happy with the game (I mean, I wouldn't have 425 hours in it if I didn't). Sure I'd wish development was a bit faster but hell, we can't always get what we want and modders (tho I know this should not be the answer) seem happy to flesh it out some.
For my part I do not understand anything about the rebellion system because as usual you have to guess ... The more I play, the more I get sick of this game ...

The load times in this patch are horrific. This is a mess.
Funny, pe
The load times in this patch are horrific. This is a mess.
Funny, people talked about this patch with such anxiety, and it is undoubtedly the worst of all.
In terms of performance it is miserable, in terms of gameplay almost nothing has improved, by the opposite, many things have worsened,for example, caravans are a frustration,they used to be, but now they are worse.

Oh ! But now I have to do the conspiracy quest! Oh ! But I also have to see my future husband! Oh ! But I have to improve our relations with the Khuzaits ... Ah, that's no use, they are making war on us. Oh ! But I have to attack a trailer on the other side of the map! Oh ! But they blocked the passages on the side in the hiding place and there are more of them than us! Oh ! But I have to make my troops stronger! But I must not forget to get married because I am getting old! Oh ! But the game is blocked, big crash! Oh ! But but the Sturgians attack the Battanians in Marunath but I have to go to the trailer, not marry, but who to? What is the logic in all of this? I do not know !!!!!!! But really nothing! Oh ! While I went to the other side of the map to do my mission my Sturgian faction lost a town and two castles! I should have stayed, well I don't know! And why they are so angry with the rest of us ... I don't really know. Maybe they don't like snow .... Maybe I should sell my sister! Sexist world! But like that I would have a lot of money! What for ? And marry her with whom? An opposing faction? In my faction? What's the difference ? I do not know... I could to open my bedroom window and throw the computer away. And why has my relationship with this clan declined? Ah because I didn't have time to do the caravan conspiracy quest, but I was in Rovalt and I had to go to Aserai country, too far ... What a ... I'm trying to get married ... But he doesn't want to! Stupid man! I re-load. I try again. He still doesn't want to! I am trying to marry my sister. Ah damn, my relationship has gone down ... -7 ... grrroaaaar .... He offers me Ratagost for my young sister, that old pig of Ratagost ... He asks for money to have my sister !!! Raaaaahhhh Ah and they passed a law that makes us lose influence, I can not propose anything, I am in the negative ... What is this ... And I'm going to marry my brother Nozhon! Haaaa but impossible, he is considered as a vulgar villain! But why ????

Last edited:
@mexxico
here is the deal with the raiders' quests. defeat 3 groups of raiders etc. hence it is a player who should defeat these raiders, they tend to respawn at the same spot where they were defeated by somebody else. I witnessed how 4 parties of vlandians were massacred by a single group of raiders which were respawning again and again and again until vlandians ran out of troops and fled.

Back
Top Bottom