Beta Patch Notes e1.5.6

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, it depends. A bunch of legionaries are able to inflict tons of kills without getting much losses, and same for Sturgian Heavy Axemen (they are weaker though). Current problem is that Ranged units just perform x3 better than infantry, so it is what actually makes infantry feels useless.

I think that the player should lose units when facing similar or stronger parties, otherwise we can just kill 10 lords in a row (or even more) as it is currently happening due to ranged units, and get tons of money in no time. Same happens in Warband with Swadian Knights, we are able to farm lords there withou any effort and sadly we have the same with ranged units in Bannerlord. I really would love to have challenging battles but devs always create a broken kind of unit which remove any challenging feeling from the game.
I disagree that you *should have* to lose units in even or greater matches, unless they actually make the AI maneuver as the player can. As it is, the challenge is in not goofing and loosing more then you need too. Of course the AI does some silly stuff still and it's easy to surround them, kite them, or even solo problematic units before they charge on your party. I don't think infantry is useless, but it needs to be 1/4 of the forces and be used carefully.

I disagree that you *should have* to lose units in even or greater matches, unless they actually make the AI maneuver as the player can. As it is, the challenge is in not goofing and loosing more then you need too. Of course the AI does some silly stuff still and it's easy to surround them, kite them, or even solo problematic units before they charge on your party. I don't think infantry is useless, but it needs to be 1/4 of the forces and be used carefully.

Infantry units do not really allow the player to use great tactics, so it is ok to see infantry units dying against an enemy with similar strength. I personally dislike being able to easily faceroll every lord I find, and this should not be the case if we play at highest difficulty settings.

Improving the infantry AI won’t change the fact of facing an enemy with similar strength will mean that we are going to lose some soldiers. Sure, for great strategist who are able to make great moves, the game should be still rewarding but I am just using F2 + F3 in every battle to spread my ranged units and sit while they kill everything. This kind of things never should happen IMO, and this is not an issue related to AI, but ranged units overperforming in my view.

Conspiracy quests : Conspiracy Quests: Better loot to aid progression as it takes time and money.

For my part, I do not see any economic evolution at the start of the game. We start the "conspiracy quests" when we are still earning very little money. And sometimes it played tricks on me forcing me to go back to saves. The "beginner player" could quickly be disgusted. It's good to put yourself in the place of a "beginner" rather than playing "the expert" ...

I explain the problems :

1 - for the quest "caravan conspiracy", you have to beat 70 very well equipped troops. It takes a lot of money to have a troop at this level. If this is to point players in the "right direction to take" I'm not sure that helps. And above all, at no time is it said if these repetitive quests are important for the rest of the "story" or if they are only there to "help the player's progress" including "unimportant".

2n- for the "hideout conspiracy" quest, you have to beat very heavy "bosses". Likewise, well-equipped and expensive troops are required. So, again, I find the beginnings difficult when it should be like in any game, the easiest times so as not to discourage new players.

On the positive side: it makes the game more dynamic, although I would have expected "real dungeons" rather than a remake of the hidouts.

Sometimes I feel like I'm playing a multiplayer game on my own, except that I can't call ohers players to "kill a boss" or to help me economically.. So, it would be necessary either that the bosses "follow the progress of the player" so that it is not discouraging, and especially, it would be necessary that the "loot" of these "bosses" be more consequent to be able to say afterwards "Wow! Super! It was worth it !"

Best loots for big bosses would make these repetitive quests more interesting and understandable. Either these quests are important in a "story", or they bring "fortune", otherwise, they are useless. They disturb me more than anything in my progress, because I don't know if it is important to do these quests or not. And the loot isn't worth it, you spend more than you earn. Real dungeons, and not copies of the hidouts, would be nice too.

It's me or the game take to many time to load a simple battle? I just install the patch and try just a one single battle against 5 lotters, but takes almost one minute to load. It will improve with the time?

Infantry units do not really allow the player to use great tactics, so it is ok to see infantry units dying against an enemy with similar strength. I personally dislike being able to easily faceroll every lord I find, and this should not be the case if we play at highest difficulty settings.

Improving the infantry AI won’t change the fact of facing an enemy with similar strength will mean that we are going to lose some soldiers. Sure, for great strategist who are able to make great moves, the game should be still rewarding but I am just using F2 + F3 in every battle to spread my ranged units and sit while they kill everything. This kind of things never should happen IMO, and this is not an issue related to AI, but ranged units overperforming in my view.
ko I'm ok with, but death of a single one of a certain troop type usually makes me rage quit, reload, and exploit archers and the retreat option. I'm too emotionally attached to some troops.

Once spent several hours just killing 5 enemies with my archers and retreating when the enemy gets close, saving and attacking again and repeating that over and over

What has changed? EDIT: I have just read what Apocal said about AI parties.
The detailed version.
Also because there is a high money inflation loot gain of npc lords is decreased. For the ones who does not know they have a different mechanic, they are getting money rather than items when a battle ends. There were no trade penalty applied to these instant loot->money conversations. However as you know there is high trade penalty at weapons / armors, as player if you try to sell or buy same item you can see high price difference. When trade penalty added to this loot->money conversation money inflation is decreased and total clan leader money at mid/late game in all world is decreased. Unfortunately because of reduce in loot income of npc lords number of poor clans are increased first. With the help of kingdom budget addition I mentioned above these poor clans are then reduced.

I am not a fan of this change; it makes supporting multiple parties much more difficult as the player and whereas before you could sometimes expect a good party leader (Tactics, Trade, Roguery) to occasionally make money on their own in earlier versions, now they virtually never do.

And workshops were nerfed too, my tannery goes from 400 to 125 and my brewery goes from 250 to 110, only thing making real good money are still my wool weavery oh no I said that, nerf time. But there are ways to make money, I put a top 3 video on how to make real good money and 1 can make 20k-40k in around 4-5 days game time

Workshops did not nerfed but average prices of workshop output items (wine, beer, leather, velvet, jewelry, ....) seems reduced by about 30% (especially at first 4 years of game, then reduce drops 10-20%). I examined situation and found the reason. Dealing with it currently. Workshop average daily profit will be around 150-175 after fix currently it is around 75-100 at early game and 100-125 at mid/late game. This part is so fragile too, easily broken when something is changed, need to check it after every patch. This reduce at prices also effect profit of caravans and players who make trading.

Also I know players who has castles are having problems paying wages of garrison. Castellon Office project will be changed and will reduce garrison wages where it built by 10%-20%-30% (t1-t2-t3). It will help you a bit.

Last edited:
Also I know players who has castles are having problems paying wages of garrison. Castellon Office project will be changed and will reduce garrison wages where it built by 10%-20%-30% (t1-t2-t3). It will help you a bit.
Yesss that's an amazing change, Garrison wages have been killing my finances i'm glad to see this new castellan office feature.

Today i tried to play 1.5.6 ....after trying start new campaing game crashes on deskop without any error massage so i tried old save and game crash as soon as i start battle.

Great change, thanks.

• Added a new option in “Gameplay Options” to control which order type to use (Radial or Bar).

Can we also have the option to switch back to the old hotkey arrangement for orders? This new order system doesn't work nearly as well for PC players as the last order system did. Adding an option for players to choose and decide which order hotkey system works better for their keyboard is a crucial change that the vast majority players of both Singleplayer and Multiplayer want back. Please consider giving us this option as soon as possible as I truly believe this is an absolute priority for existing Bannerlord customers/players.

Today i tried to play 1.5.6 ....after trying start new campaing game crashes on deskop without any error massage so i tried old save and game crash as soon as i start battle.
I had the same thing. Cleaning mount blade 2 Bannerlord folder in my documents and checking the game cache helped. But you will lose all the saves and reset the game settings.

passive income shouldn't fully have you covered when it comes to your army and your garrison. If it does that's a bad system. The player should be more proactive, which makes sense. At the very least, what you could do is prolong your early/mid game and make some money through workshops, caravans and quests etc, so that you have enough money to make you financially stable for the years to come where you roam the map with an elite army. That makes most sense to me of how it should be

The income of the Fief should be the main way you earn money in my opinion. That does not make it a bad system and even though it is passive income, there are considerations about it. Like garrisons which cost money or your villages being raided or your castle/town being taken, etc. Your fief should absolutely pay for your armies while extra income you earn would be for equipment, etc.

I used to use this mod to control the parties, Party AI Overhaul and Commands, it give us a complete control of our parties, but I ask why it isn't native, why our parties are running without any purpose throug the map, not defending our settlements,giving troops to other clans, causing problems etc. It's a very bad implemented feature,and I don't see any intention of TW to improve it.

I used to use this mod to control the parties, Party AI Overhaul and Commands, it give us a complete control of our parties, but I ask why it isn't native, why our parties are running without any purpose throug the map, not defending our settlements,giving troops to other clans, causing problems etc. It's a very bad implemented feature,and I don't see any intention of TW to improve it.

Are you sure about that last part?

• Player Clan Party AI directives

There is an active thread on the issue. Starting a custom battle then retreating fixes it for most. It’s a band aid but at least it’s only a one time thing because after that you can load the save fine

For me it helped when I launched the game, started a custom battle, retreated and then tried to start a new campaign.

Back
Top Bottom