Beta Patch Notes e1.5.6

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes with new security / loyality additions average tax from castles and towns are both reduced (because if loyality < 50 or security < 25 tax reduces) and yes if we can get rid of security and loyality at castles (which are nearly useless currently because there is no rebellion in castles) castles will be more profitable at least and we can make overall design more fluid (with less variables). Of course this will not be enough because castles should be good for military not economy actually but it is better than nothing. But for a short time I do not think it will be accepted. It was just an idea.
That doesn't make sense to me, this is early access and the perfect time to test things out. I am no sure why they won't give it a quick try and if it is not viable than change back in a hotfixt. Seems like you get a lot of resistance to change. king of mind boggling that in early access people are reluctant to try things out that could help improve the game.

Last edited:
That would be a great feature if the AI can handle it. Else it would be lost work IMO.

I don't see it as being too complicated, AI can already factor in multiple parties to decide when to run and when to fight, it would need to check if it is within a castle reach and factor in the garrison when measuring the strength of enemies that could reach it.

I see a possible issue with armies trying to pursue as soon as they are out of the castle area of influence and getting locked in "following X" and "running away from X" states, but that could be avoided by adding a list of coordinates not to include in its path calculation for some time or falling back enough so the party it was pursuing/running away from has had a chance to move.

Maybe making it so that parties don't consider friendly garrison strength when deciding to switch from running away to pursuing if the enemy is not besieging or raiding a settlement, or simply falling back to the castle and staying there for some time. A progressive area could also be used, so only the cavalry part of the garrison joins the battle if it happens further away than half the radius of the control area.

The Sturgians are stronger, it is now possible to compete with the Khuzaits, even to make them retreat in their conquests. And above all I think the Sturgians have a smarter "demeanor". Perhaps the player also understood better how to play with them. I managed to take one of their main city (Baltakland), keep it and thus weaken them a bit, and most importantly, Baltakland allowed me to have faster and more efficient Khuzait troops myself.

But I still fear the "awakening" of the Khuzaits (the game is not over, we continue to progress slowly). They once tried to take back Baltakland and lost. I suspected they would return to the assault so I stayed with my army nearby. We were slightly outnumbered, but while defending in the fortress, they caught a volley of arrows that decimated them (nice battle, the Khuzaits had broken the wall but ultimately it was fatal to them).

The AI works a little better, the forces are more balanced. Oddly, I was expecting more resilient Khuzaits, they have a lot of troops, but in reality, they are too busy with the Empire to really care for us. I think it will be different when the Empire is destroyed, if I have the courage to continue.

The importance of companions is fundamental, their death can cause a real "crisis". Their skills sometimes bring a lot, economically, in terms of damage, etc. And sometimes it is very difficult to find a balance.

The game turns are a little clearer, I can see new wars coming better and I can prepare myself more easily, even if economically it is sometimes very difficult.

By having to strengthen the sturgians, the outcome of the game is less "written in advance". This time I did not see armies of 2000 Khuzaits coming to crush everyone.

Now the Sturgians hold Argoron, Myzea, Baltakland even though they lost Revyl, Omor and Varcheg, they've grown powerful enough to hope this game doesn't end with a "Battania VS Khuzaits" rivalry. Even the Aserai seem to take a piece of the pie. The Vlandians are doing fine. We will see at the end how it ends.

Back
Top Bottom