Beta Patch Notes e1.5.6

Users who are viewing this thread

The biggest problem is memory leak in windows.
Every time I open an inventory, the inventory opening time is delayed.
The same is true with other windows.
After 3-4 hours, the window opening time increases to 5 seconds.
Party Window, Inventory Window, Clan Window, Settings Window gets slower with use.

It would be nice if a temporary code solution was shared for this.

I do not want to enter the game because of this problem.
And I don't want to wait for the next update.
It would be nice if at least the developer friends had a temporary solution.

Thanks for your work.

Wow not only did you lose at terrible odds. 4 of your troops DECREASED in level. Wtf is happening
This -x experienced units bug happens very rarely since EA start. I looked its reason long time ago and could not find. About battle result it seems 28 looter killed your 24 mixed tier men. It can happen 1% (i guess) in simulations 0% in mission.

If we are talking about the -3 (why -4?) that we can see on the screenshot it is not a bug.
The -X level only happens when your units had enough experience for a promotion, but died in a battle.
Let's say I have 10 recruits, I can upgrade them all into a tier 2 but I don't do it, and I lose 3 in a battle against looter, it will display -3 levels for my recruits.

It only happens when you have a full stack of units ready for promotion, because if you don't, the game will kill units that did not have enough experience for a promotion, therefore you will never lose a level.

The biggest problem is memory leak in windows.
Every time I open an inventory, the inventory opening time is delayed.
The same is true with other windows.
After 3-4 hours, the window opening time increases to 5 seconds.
Party Window, Inventory Window, Clan Window, Settings Window gets slower with use.

It would be nice if a temporary code solution was shared for this.

I do not want to enter the game because of this problem.
And I don't want to wait for the next update.
It would be nice if at least the developer friends had a temporary solution.

Thanks for your work.

the 1.5.6 is a huge stepforward. it's only the slowdown that keeps me from playing.
a hotfix would be very welcome.

Too much bug in this 1.5.6. I'll come back when that will workes better. But i could to play few hours, it's very promising, a lot of good things.

Good luck at developpers

If we are talking about the -3 (why -4?) that we can see on the screenshot it is not a bug.
The -X level only happens when your units had enough experience for a promotion, but died in a battle.
Let's say I have 10 recruits, I can upgrade them all into a tier 2 but I don't do it, and I lose 3 in a battle against looter, it will display -3 levels for my recruits.

It only happens when you have a full stack of units ready for promotion, because if you don't, the game will kill units that did not have enough experience for a promotion, therefore you will never lose a level.
Good eye!

This -x experienced units bug happens very rarely since EA start. I looked its reason long time ago and could not find. About battle result it seems 28 looter killed your 24 mixed tier men. It can happen 1% (i guess) in simulations 0% in mission.

Thanks for the reply! I'd never seen it happen before so I assumed it was new. Doesn't really matter though because the units are dead I suppose. Either way you're the best Mexxico!

Reverted back to 1.5.5 and problem solved, it seems connected with the patch not players comp specs. It would be great if they solved it before new year.
I did it to, as I don't see nothing special in the patch 1.5.6, and saw many performances problems, plus some mods incompabilities, for the first time since the day I bought the game, I revert for the stable version.

So, they can't patch memory leaks in 1.5.6? Why are the patches slowing down?

I'm more curious how they managed to re-introduce memory leak once again after eliminating it (or at least reduced it to the point of it being a non-issue)
in 1.5.5.

But oh well. I for one find 1.5.6 enough of an improvement to warrant restarting the game every 2 hours. And most mods also jumped on 1.5.6 wagon so I'm good to go.

I'm more curious how they managed to re-introduce memory leak once again after eliminating it (or at least reduced it to the point of it being a non-issue)
in 1.5.5.

But oh well. I for one find 1.5.6 enough of an improvement to warrant restarting the game every 2 hours. And most mods also jumped on 1.5.6 wagon so I'm good to go.
It’s an interesting issue because the old memory leak was related to number of consecutive saves (at least the one I had iirc) and new memory leak seems similar. Could be totally off base though

It’s an interesting issue because the old memory leak was related to number of consecutive saves (at least the one I had iirc) and new memory leak seems similar. Could be totally off base though
in 1.5.5.

They changed the code that handles items, so every time you load the item list, it stays there after you leave. You can easily check this by enabling cheat mode, task manager and opening the inventory, every time you do it, memory used will increase.

I just tried 1.5.6 out for the second time and again deinstalled after 5 minutes. The performance is so terrible that I can`t even try the new stuff out. Only things that I noticed are a few very simple new clothes, very bad looking icons for stuff in the trade menue, a super boring map and extremely unnecessary new troop icons that look way worse than before.

If we ignore the memory leak, performance is much better in 1.5.6, menus are more responsive and loading time shorter.

So, I have 3 workshops (2 breweries 1 wine) and 2 caravans and can barely maintain an army of 35 with a mixture of high and low tier troops. We waited a month for this? Come on......

They changed the code that handles items, so every time you load the item list, it stays there after you leave. You can easily check this by enabling cheat mode, task manager and opening the inventory, every time you do it, memory used will increase.

So a new Object is generated everytime the item list is loaded and the old object is not freed?

Any idea what Datastructure is used to store the items internally?

What's wrong with the troops never closing their fists bug? This was not a thing when the game released at first and it's been like this already for a few months. Don't you plan to fix this, @Callum ?
3800ffae29be02fe4f4050bf449e7f47.jpg

Back
Top Bottom