Beta Patch Notes e1.5.6

Users who are viewing this thread

Or in that case why didn't we just keep old age death and birth only, since we had it for months. Why waste time now adding death in battles? Now they are dealing with a bug for simulated battles, and with lowering death rate from 10% to 2%. Seems like making death in battle is more a waste of time then just leaving it as old age.
Made me smile : )

My sluttering just went away from rebooting my game. Might be memory leak related? I'll have task manager up next time to confirm.

No one else noticed that when you join a kingdom as a vassal, you no longer receive money from them when you don't have a fief and also, you are now paying fees that you had no idea were coming. Why am I paying for mercenaries? Why am I paying some tribute to another kingdom or whatever? Is it supposed to be like that? My income was already -400 and that is just with 30 elite soldiers and then all of a sudden i get hit with a -150 for some mercenaries, -15 or so for some tribute thing, etc. I don't see how being a vassal is very viable. Even when i got a fief that had a garrison of like 90 soldiers, I was now hit with a few more hundred coins in costs. Very quickly my costs went to -1000 or more.

No one else noticed that when you join a kingdom as a vassal, you no longer receive money from them when you don't have a fief and also, you are now paying fees that you had no idea were coming. Why am I paying for mercenaries? Why am I paying some tribute to another kingdom or whatever? Is it supposed to be like that? My income was already -400 and that is just with 30 elite soldiers and then all of a sudden i get hit with a -150 for some mercenaries, -15 or so for some tribute thing, etc. I don't see how being a vassal is very viable. Even when i got a fief that had a garrison of like 90 soldiers, I was now hit with a few more hundred coins in costs. Very quickly my costs went to -1000 or more.
Ever since tribute was added it has always been like that the entire kingdom pays small bits with the king always paying the most and if I remember correctly same for mercenaries

Ever since tribute was added it has always been like that the entire kingdom pays small bits with the king always paying the most and if I remember correctly same for mercenaries

I can't understand how you are supposed to make money then. Unless you spam caravans and workshops, but even then once u get into war your caravans are probably screwed. Fiefs hardly seem to offer much wealth too. It is extremely tedious and repetitive to have to keep trading up and down the map just to earn a slight living. I guess the only way to really make money is in wars by getting loot but it seems lame to have only one real way to earn enough money.

I can't understand how you are supposed to make money then. Unless you spam caravans and workshops, but even then once u get into war your caravans are probably screwed. Fiefs hardly seem to offer much wealth too. It is extremely tedious and repetitive to have to keep trading up and down the map just to earn a slight living. I guess the only way to really make money is in wars by getting loot but it seems lame to have only one real way to earn enough money.
That all depends on the city or castle I have had castles make 900 cities 2000 some other times I have had castles making 49 and cities barely 100 caravans make decent money and loot is the best way

They nerfed loot in 1.5.6 as well.

And workshops were nerfed too, my tannery goes from 400 to 125 and my brewery goes from 250 to 110, only thing making real good money are still my wool weavery oh no I said that, nerf time. But there are ways to make money, I put a top 3 video on how to make real good money and 1 can make 20k-40k in around 4-5 days game time

That all depends on the city or castle I have had castles make 900 cities 2000 some other times I have had castles making 49 and cities barely 100 caravans make decent money and loot is the best way

900 doesn't pay for anything man, 2000 is nothing too. Think about it, just my 30 man group which includes me, 3 companions and 26 elite soldiers, is 400 in pay. So that means if I had a army of like 100 or a little over 100 (even if they were mixed between elite and non elite) that would probably not even cover the costs of their salaries and that isn't even to include garrisons. If you take garrisons into account, there is no way that 2000 could cover the cost of a small garrison and a small army. If I am the lord of a city with a couple villages, I should be able to afford more than just a couple of hundred soldiers okay. It is even worse with a castle.

I will stress the importance of efficient campaigner and price of loyalty perks. Doesn't help early game but mid to late game can reduce your parties wages by near 75%

900 doesn't pay for anything man, 2000 is nothing too. Think about it, just my 30 man group which includes me, 3 companions and 26 elite soldiers, is 400 in pay. So that means if I had a army of like 100 or a little over 100 (even if they were mixed between elite and non elite) that would probably not even cover the costs of their salaries and that isn't even to include garrisons. If you take garrisons into account, there is no way that 2000 could cover the cost of a small garrison and a small army. If I am the lord of a city with a couple villages, I should be able to afford more than just a couple of hundred soldiers okay. It is even worse with a castle.
That depends I usually have a city that makes 2k a castle that makes 900 to 1k battles caravans that average 200 to 400 and workshops that get like 100 or so and then all the villages amount to like 400 I can easilt maintain an army of 100 elites and non elites mix then getting even more cities and castkes helps too

And workshops were nerfed too, my tannery goes from 400 to 125 and my brewery goes from 250 to 110, only thing making real good money are still my wool weavery oh no I said that, nerf time. But there are ways to make money, I put a top 3 video on how to make real good money and 1 can make 20k-40k in around 4-5 days game time

And what video is that? And don't tell me your money making has to do with smithing which in my opinion is just plain cheating.

That depends I usually have a city that makes 2k a castle that makes 900 to 1k battles caravans that average 200 to 400 and workshops that get like 100 or so and then all the villages amount to like 400 I can easilt maintain an army of 100 elites and non elites mix then getting even more cities and castkes helps too

But you are kind of making my point. You have 100 soldiers, that is nothing in my opinion. A powerful clan that rules a City, castle and villages as you do shouldn't have an issue paying for 1000 soldiers (this includes garrisons of course) and still making a bit extra. At least that is how I see it. Also, you are probably talking about in peace time, but once wars start, your caravans won't make it, your villages will get raided, etc. You start losing money fast.

But you are kind of making my point. You have 100 soldiers, that is nothing in my opinion. A powerful clan that rules a City, castle and villages as you do shouldn't have an issue paying for 1000 soldiers (this includes garrisons of course) and still making a bit extra. At least that is how I see it. Also, you are probably talking about in peace time, but once wars start, your caravans won't make it, your villages will get raided, etc. You start losing money fast.
Oh also parties they make like 6k you in a point say that you cannot pay 100 so I use it as a reference point as I usually have my army at 400

I didnt see it reduced from 10% to 2% like they wanted even though they are battling a bug with it, they had said battle % was to be reduced from 10% to 2% with death from "quests" staying at 10%, however I saw nothing in patch notes that there was a change

Back
Top Bottom