Beta Patch Notes e1.5.4

Users who are viewing this thread

Notables are again giving out quests at villages that have been raided for beta 1.5.4.
I believe this has been fixed in prior patches, when the quests would be canceled, and the bug is back.

Hi to all. I think that the hearing penalty is the most gamebreaking. I used to enjoy moving around and the gaming experience went on and on fluently. Now I m stuck in the middle of the map not being able to move to catch up not even a whole army. Bring it back as it was until you have it rebalanced. Please...
In the new patch with scout perks (150) and a party of 120 (70% infantry) I'm moving faster than ever. Get rid of your thousand horses

Fat and old bug too much to fix this week? This is pathetic, get some people who know what they are doing for God's sake.

Who cares what the troops look like? That's such a minor cosmetic issue compared to other parts of the game.

In the new patch with scout perks (150) and a party of 120 (70% infantry) I'm moving faster than ever. Get rid of your thousand horses

I think the problem is that this was fixed without any information or context presented to the player. So you load up the game, and suddenly you have a giant "herd" penalty but no herd animals in your inventory. So it's just odd. I had to do some searching on the forum to figure out it was my horses, then after getting rid of most of them (still have plenty) my speed is great. Looks like the implementation is fine, it's the expectation / communication to players that fell through. There just needs to be some in-game helper text that tells you that horses count towards herd penalty after a certain point and based on XYZ factors.

I got a quest to deliver some horses to Ocs Hall but the npc was already dead ''was lost 15 days ago'' so i failed and lost relation.

I think the problem is that this was fixed without any information or context presented to the player. So you load up the game, and suddenly you have a giant "herd" penalty but no herd animals in your inventory. So it's just odd. I had to do some searching on the forum to figure out it was my horses, then after getting rid of most of them (still have plenty) my speed is great. Looks like the implementation is fine, it's the expectation / communication to players that fell through. There just needs to be some in-game helper text that tells you that horses count towards herd penalty after a certain point and based on XYZ factors.

It is goddamn meaningless to have forums, changelogs etc if they don't communicate stuff like this. Unprofessional and lazy.

This is horrific. This is either a bug, or I am done. I guess I never noticed, kept me from losing my cool earlier. Still the update has made many units look abysmal. Why would you wear a green hood, when there are better options?

D18D0D1299E066FFEE850B1E9ABA3E4EDA6EA109
There's no accounting for taste, they just love green

don't ask anything about Battania

1.5.3 noble bow from Arwa
1.5.4 make mamluk cav ugly
what next. Do they even play their game? i begin to think i wasted money to buy this game
I agree with you on this, many of the updated troops look worse than they did before. I think there's a few fundamental issues here.
- The proportions of the troops just seem off, they all look too fat in my opinion.
- The armour just don't go well together on most of the troops. I suppose it has to do with balancing, but still...I think they could do better. They all have one thing that ruins the whole look, like the banner knight with green hoodie.
- The armour in this game are pretty mediocre looking at best. There's a few that are great but you can't even buy those. speaking of, is it still impossible to buy ultra armour?

I have to be honest, nothing in this update makes me want to play the game again. Updated my game today, played for 10 min to check out the new stuff and closed the game. I'll see you all in the next update.

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

Last edited:
I agree with you on this, many of the updated troops look worse than they did before. I think there's a few fundamental issues here.
- The proportions of the troops just seem off, they all look too fat in my opinion.
- The armour just don't go well together on most of the troops. I suppose it has to do with balancing, but still...I think they could do better. They all have one thing that ruins the whole look, like the banner knight with green hoodie.
- The armour in this game are pretty mediocre looking at best. There's a few that are great but you can't even buy those. speaking of, is it still impossible to buy ultra armour?

I have to be honest, nothing in this update makes me want to play the game again. Updated my game today, played for 10 min to check out the new stuff and closed the game. I'll see you all in the next update.

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

You mean you don't like this guy lol?
F8A4764FF6A5D5FEF7424ED9085D35F5606E37D5

Too many horses always caused a herd penalty - just a very minor one.

- The armour just don't go well together on most of the troops. I suppose it has to do with balancing, but still...I think they could do better.
- The armour in this game are pretty mediocre looking at best.

Imo a lot of the armor sets aren't complete yet. Like those gold scale shoulders on one of the Sturgian units that's straight out of Aeserai culture. I think that it, and likely many others, are placeholders until they make something that fits better.

Speaking of fitting better, I don't think that in the cases of some armor there is some color correction needed. Like how all of the various suits of chain armor are different shapes and most of the chain gloves don't correctly match any of them.

On a completely unrelated note. I notice a lot of the skills are listed as applying to captains (i.e. granting bonuses to troops they are leading) under what circumstances does a player get to give troops those bonuses? Is it to his whole army? When he gets a unit to follow him? Or only when- in large battles- you have to specify leaders of divisions and give yourself one?

On a completely unrelated note. I notice a lot of the skills are listed as applying to captains (i.e. granting bonuses to troops they are leading) under what circumstances does a player get to give troops those bonuses? Is it to his whole army? When he gets a unit to follow him? Or only when- in large battles- you have to specify leaders of divisions and give yourself one?

In both. In small battles (the ones where only your party is present) the first companion in a said group gives the captain bonus (so if you put only Avericos the Silent in group III with horsemen he will give the captain bonus), and if he goes down the second, and so on. And dont know how the player interacts in this scenario.

The last one, but they did add where your companions will be the captains of whatever formation they are assigned to. But as the army commander you will not provide any captain bonuses. The player will only provide captain bonuses when they are a captain of a formation (the one you choose) for AI armies in battles

The last one, but they did add where your companions will be the captains of whatever formation they are assigned to. But as the army commander you will not provide any captain bonuses. The player will only provide captain bonuses when they are a captain of a formation (the one you choose) for AI armies in battles

I see. That's a bit disappointing, not often the player will be able to personally make use of those skillss. but it answers that question, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom