Beta Patch Notes e1.5.4

Users who are viewing this thread

Any non-player hero that gets "kiled" in battle has a 10% chance to die iirc. It's not weighed for or against any particular clan.
@Duh_TaleWorlds
Wouldn't maybe be better if heroes and lords would be killed in battle (status) when they would really be killed? Instead of killed they should be just wounded if they don't really die. Would save some confusion I think.

EDIT: Sorry I see that I responded to quite old post.

@Duh_TaleWorlds
Wouldn't maybe be better if heroes and lords would be killed in battle (status) when they would really be killed? Instead of killed they should be just wounded if they don't really die. Would save some confusion I think.

EDIT: Sorry I see that I responded to quite old post.
That would be a 100% death chance then, like a normal unit has after it's medicine/tier calculation when getting KO'd by a non-blunt weapon.
It might be easier to think of it as a 90% survive chance for lords. If they take a KO that would kill them they have a 90% be just KO'd.
Anyways it's not confusing, you see a red skull, they dead, white they live. You won't get the message they died in battle until the whole battle is over though.

Do NPC lords/companions get medicine factored into their initial survive chance and then a 90% live chance? Or just 90%?

That would be a 100% death chance then, like a normal unit has after it's medicine/tier calculation when getting KO'd by a non-blunt weapon.
It might be easier to think of it as a 90% survive chance for lords. If they take a KO that would kill them they have a 90% be just KO'd.
Anyways it's not confusing, you see a red skull, they dead, white they live. You won't get the message they died in battle until the whole battle is over though.

Do NPC lords/companions get medicine factored into their initial survive chance and then a 90% live chance? Or just 90%?
Ok I thought that you can still get red skull for your hero,lord even when they are really not killed.

There's no need for relation points, because there's no relations in the game.

higher relations with notables :
enables more slots in recruiting

higher relations with lords :
less influence cost while calling army
they want less money / or none while joining your kingdom
they vote for you more common when player is one of candidates for new captured settlement
they support your proposals with higher probability

It can be good if dialogs differ more according to relation. We have limited number of conversation strings for different relations. Because we have not got different conversation strings for different relations, having +/- relation with npc characters seem like less important in game.

Last edited:

higher relations with lords :
less influence cost while calling army
they want less money / or none while joining your kingdom
they vote for you more common when player is one of candidates for new captured settlement
they support your proposals with higher probability

It can be good if dialogs differ more according to relation. We have limited number of conversation strings for different relations. Because we have not got different conversation strings for different relations, having +/- relation with npc characters seem like less important in game.

Thanks @mexxico for the feedback. Are you guys planning on extending the system further?

I think it's not enough, may be make it more useful:
- friendly traders in towns: reduce cost of caravan creation . More relations - less cost.
- all notables : increase reward bonus for accomplished quest. More relations- bigger bonus.
- friendly traders in towns: alternative solutions for artisans and gang leaders quests. Friends won't make you regret for some criminal quest.
- all notables: special quests only for trustworthy people and friends.
Thus will make friends matter, and now it's just more recruit slots.

Thanks @mexxico for the feedback. Are you guys planning on extending the system further?

I have less control over relation system but reported this grain quest giving 20 relation situation to team. They said that it will be reduced. Also it will be good if we can add new ways for getting benefit of higher relation, still they are less. I can add AI targets you more (raiding / besieging) if you have bad relation with them. However even we add it this will be hard for player to understand. We need more dialogs to help player to understand what is going on background.

I have less control over relation system but reported this grain quest giving 20 relation situation to team. They said that it will be reduced. Also it will be good if we can add new ways for getting benefit of higher relation, still they are less. I can add AI targets you more (raiding / besieging) if you have bad relation with them. However even we add it this will be hard for player to understand. We need more dialogs to help player to understand what is going on background.
As I said in post above , at least those two :
- friendly traders in towns: reduce cost of caravan creation . More relations - less cost.
- all notables : increase reward bonus for accomplished quest. More relations- bigger bonus.
Require only reward formula change . Basic reward forum + relations modifier .
Shouldn't be too hard.

Maybe add some more tool tip information or just expand the encyclopedia article about relations. I do not think that it should contain the minutiae of the formula but at least the rough consequences. On this point you could enhance the encyclopedia about game concepts in general a little bit. For example detail what the difference between charge and advance is. What the Handling stat really does on the weapons and so forth.

Nevertheless thanks again :xf-smile:

I think it's not enough, may be make it more useful:
- friendly traders in towns: alternative solutions for artisans and gang leaders quests. Friends won't make you regret for some criminal quest.
- all notables: special quests only for trustworthy people and friends.
Thus will make friends matter, and now it's just more recruit slots.

I sent these possible solutions to design team.

I sent these possible solutions to design team.
I think also the Warband feature where you could essentially "order" AI Lords around based on relations. I know creating an army kind of covers that, but maybe reaching a certain relationship threshold could allow the player to spend influence to do the following:
1. Send an AI Lord to patrol/attack/defend a certain area/settlement
2. Direct the strategy of the marshal of an army (e.g. "Our army should attack Pravend").

Essentially give you some ability to influence the actions of a lord/army without having to start an army

I think also the Warband feature where you could essentially "order" AI Lords around based on relations. I know creating an army kind of covers that, but maybe reaching a certain relationship threshold could allow the player to spend influence to do the following:
1. Send an AI Lord to patrol/attack/defend a certain area/settlement
2. Direct the strategy of the marshal of an army (e.g. "Our army should attack Pravend").

Essentially give you some ability to influence the actions of a lord/army without having to start an army
In my opinion, war goals and strategy should be part of the Diplomacy system.

yes was reduced to 0, not sure why grain quest from 20 to 0 was necessary

Last edited:
grain quest giving 20 relation
- in a new campaign, this quest gives zero relation if main character delivers the grain. however it is possible to to get relation reward if quest has been done by a companion.
- draught animals quest. if it's a cow npc wants, there is a typo in the quest description. "cowss" it says.
- overpriced raw materials quests crash the game if this quest has been done by a companion, crash happens when the companion returns to the main party.

Back
Top Bottom