Beta Patch Notes e1.5.4

Users who are viewing this thread

Here's an idea:

How about putting the "Stash" in the throne room as a chest to give the player something to do in the castles? To have another generic menu just like the others is rather dull. Is there like an immersion flu going around in Ankara? The old titles are much better guys, in this area. The game has a good foundation, but God it is lacking in creativity. Marriage is nothing but a tab menu with numbers, tab menus (you have a 80% chance) don't invest a player in a story guys. Do something to veil it, for the love of God that is terrible story telling.

What dev got lose in the armor ratings and made all the Germanic mails better than the Roman ones? Is that supposed to be cute or something? Who is in charge of this nonsense? Seriously? I Hate to sound like an ass but this is just stupid.

One other thing, I am now catching caravans that the AI is putting out with my 90 men parties, they are slow.

Last edited:
Writing, art and music are not game mechanics.

I got it, just go play with a calculator. That solves it. 99% charm chance. Percentage chance in a role playing game is dreadful, how many games have this type of stuff in story lines? Almost none, because it's robotic. You are just looking for arguments as usual. Game mechanics/ percentages should not bleed into the actual story of game.

Last edited:
I got it, just go play with a calculator. That solves it. 99% charm chance. Percentage chance in a role playing game is dreadful, how many games have this type of stuff in story lines?

A number of games have displayed chance-based elements in their conversations, it isn't uncommon.

edit: if seeing numbers in the conversation bothers you, it is like a five minute fix to obfuscate them.

Last edited:
I got it, just go play with a calculator. That solves it. 99% charm chance. Percentage chance in a role playing game is dreadful
IN THEORY, yeah, a fully immersive experience when you role-play and act "naturally" without looking at numbers is best.
IN PRACTICE, due to how widely expectations vary and the actual implementations of systems (where the guy coding/the designer balancing it, have a different viewpoint and priorities), it's often wonky, giving weird and unexpected results, making such obfuscated working more annoying than immersive.
Sometimes a decision seem innocuous but give large relation penalties, other times it doesn't, sometimes you think you gave a professional decline and it's taken like an insult, or you just try to weasel out of something and it's taken as a tacit approval, etc.

Numbers allow to understand what your choices mean in game terms, which are often pretty different than what they would mean when facing a real human.

I got it, just go play with a calculator. That solves it. 99% charm chance. Percentage chance in a role playing game is dreadful, how many games have this type of stuff in story lines? Almost none, because it's robotic. You are just looking for arguments as usual. Game mechanics/ percentages should not bleed into the actual story of game.
Just get the having going perk for 75 athletics and you'll always have a 100% choice NO MATTER WHAT because of you fit sexy body!

Played for around 1000 days in game, so far I've yet to encounter a few quests. Never seen family fued or village needs draught animals, despite doing quite a lot of village quests, and I haven't seen Prodigal Son but I don't look at lord quests a often. X needs his daughter found only showed up in the early game also, haven't seen it in a long while.
I also seem to see very few available village quests at this stage in the game, is this intended? Is it because all the villages keep getting raided?
Also I'm guessing this is just an unfinished feature, but when I issue a decree in the town I own to complete the overpriced raw materials or artisan can't sell their products quests I then get the same quest again in the same town from the same NPC. I like that we have this option to change the law, but it's quite disappointing that it has absolutely no affect on the game in any way. It's also pretty weird that every single town in every single kingdom has the exact same laws regarding trading, it would be nice in future if this was limited to certain factions or was even linked to a kingdom policy.

only the perk to place your units before battle was never working....guess what...TW removed it :grin: .

That´s the perk "we" all wanted to have, I guess. And TW just removed it.

That's pretty much the only reason (tactics perks being supposedily implemented) that made me want to run the game again for a test with the latest version. My experience didn't last long since the perk was gone, along with the feature that had been modded in Warband since ancient times that I can't live without anymore to be honest.
Guess fast action paced is what it's going to be all about.

Not sure what's the problem with something that they have clearly coded already (it's used in sieges, possibly it's the only thing that actually works as intended about sieges at the minute haha) and that would be an option anyways at the start of combat, nothing would stop the player that can't be bothered from just clicking start combat anyway.

It's sad that aside from some effort from mexxico to try and salvage the economy/diplomacy aspect of the game, for the rest I get the feeling the game is almost moving backwards or at the very least not moving forward much at all.

That's pretty much the only reason (tactics perks being supposedily implemented) that made me want to run the game again for a test with the latest version. My experience didn't last long since the perk was gone, along with the feature that had been modded in Warband since ancient times that I can't live without anymore to be honest.
He just likes to misinform. They removed it because it won't be tied to a perk. Read this:
We have plans for more intuitive and detailed way of deploying/creating formations before battles. It's too early to talk about it in detail(since the design can change). It'll solve the issues you're outlining here and implement new features that you'll love. Think of it like the siege deployment stage but now you can modify formations and you can do this before normal field battles.

He just likes to misinform. They removed it because it won't be tied to a perk. Read this:
That's great to hear, thanks for the info, I missed that topic.

However I've noticed that it was posted in july, so it's been a while since.

I just hope it won't take too long, I think the current iteration of the game kind of needs a feature like that to rekindle the interest.

That's great to hear, thanks for the info, I missed that topic.

However I've noticed that it was posted in july, so it's been a while since.

I just hope it won't take too long, I think the current iteration of the game kind of needs a feature like that to rekindle the interest.

There are some other things wrapped up in that: they are redoing the order of battle system (mentioned at Gamescom) and captain assignments right alongside it, in addition to working out ways of have party sorting work better.

I don´t.

They have so many plans. It´s removed, and right now it´s a fact:

Or are we talking about reworking the rework?!

So many plans, so less delivering them! Will it come before the AI balance, before the smithing rework (broken since release) or whatever?`Will siege ladders be fixed before (broken since release). We get alliances before?

So many plans....

Last edited:
I know it's a very depressing answer this, but you can combine Realistic Battle Mod, RTS Camera and Army Formations Made Easy's "Epic Battle Ai" together for a strategic and slowed down battle experience. Get Bear my Banner in along side them as well and it's a lot of fun.

If only TW's would have some competence for once and improve their game the way these random modders do.

Marriage is nothing but a tab menu with numbers, tab menus (you have a 80% chance) don't invest a player in a story guys. Do something to veil it, for the love of God that is terrible story telling
really hope this is only a placeholder

just checked a few caravans
this is way to slow

here are 2 with 1.9 speed , same as me (woods , night)
this one i can catch with my army of 410 and i have 80 prisoners ...
57f803-1604077497.jpg

Last edited:
just checked a few caravans
this is way to slow

here are 2 with 1.9 speed , same as me (woods , night)
this one i can catch with my army of 410 and i have 80 prisoners ...

I've noticed it too . Looks like caravans can't manage with herd penalty . Too easy on pray.

Back
Top Bottom