Beta Patch Notes e1.5.3

Users who are viewing this thread

Has anyone had situation where he hit his opponent for 129 hp and he still didn't die? And this was common soldier. I dont think that even the best perks give that much extra health.

I was bored months ago, just waiting for an actual feature to be added.....
I think we should get more politics to spice the game up, maybe aliiances and trade agreements, something along those lines or maybe the main quest I though with the banner can give you a chance to take over a kingdom outright, I am sure the community can come up with tons of ideas,
As people say we need a little spice in our lives.
Thats why I do different playthrough when posting videos on Youtube, trade, then horse archer, then blacksmith, but yes sooner or later you run out of unique content

They are busy trying to fix tanneries and the economy blues.
Why do we have to have an economy? It's never gonna be good. I will never matter.
Work Shops cost this much = it give you this much a day, the ****ing end.
Make sure "this much" is appropriate for the cost of a early party, or whatever you're DESIGNING the function to be supporting.
Cheap shops support baby party, high end shops for later help support big boys.

"Not any time soon, sorry" - Callum circa 2020. Can't be fecked finding the real post, but it's something like that :sad:

Why do we have to have an economy? It's never gonna be good. I will never matter.
Work Shops cost this much = it give you this much a day, the ****ing end.
Make sure "this much" is appropriate for the cost of a early party, or whatever you're DESIGNING the function to be supporting.
Cheap shops support baby party, high end shops for later help support big boys.

I know, they have spent months tinkering with the "dynamic economy" and there's nothing for the player to do aside from going to the Barber. The lore in this title is also very mundane.

I'm looking forward to the armor value rebalance that was mentioned recently, heavy armored troops get cut down like they are wearing toilet paper for armor. This could have a big impact to gameplay making Empire troops brutal to deal with up close and personal kind of like the Romans vs barbarians and showing their true worth in attrition. Besides combat is way too fast currently where battle last less than 30 seconds, maybe the armor rebalance will extend combat a bit to give you time to use tactics like flanking.

I know, they have spent months tinkering with the "dynamic economy" and there's nothing for the player to do aside from going to the Barber. The lore in this title is also very mundane.
i dont think they did they just alter some numbers done quick imo
the real balancing will begin when we have working gangleaders move in and take your money

they sit already there but do nothing

A working economy will be awesome. I don´t want them to scrap that.
But why tho? You pay guys every day, that's all there is. That's all money is. Actually you don't even need to pay them technically, they won't leave until their moral actually drops to 10. You could just recruit prisoners and get all your food from battles and ignore money basically.
I guess you need money to recruit lord as a ruler, but in general it's all an illusion and money is barely needed or useful.

They gotta add stuff like "troops have 1/2 HP because economy bad in faction everyone starving" "troops gots no shield cuz not iron cost too much"
"you can't pay so troops gonna beat you up and sell you to bandits"

If it doesn't directly = getting your :poop: kicked in it doesn't matter at all.

Edit: And I would love it if you can't pay, you gotta fight your party! If they beat you they take all your gear and really sell you to bandits and you have re-start naked and 0 money! It really disturbed me that having 0 money balance did absolutely nothing!

i dont think they did they just alter some numbers done quick imo
the real balancing will begin when we have working gangleaders move in and take your money

they sit already there but do nothing

They actually do get into fights and **** with each other. It is just in the background for the most part. The only way to see it (AFAIK) is to look at the town's encyclopedia entry, where it will sometimes say Snotnose So-and-So's party attacked Poxy Such-and-Such's Party in Common Area or something along those lines. That is what triggers the "Rival Gang Moving In" quest, from my understanding.

What is exactly wrong with economy in this game? Money is pretty necessary IMO we need money for:

- Pay wages.
- Buy equipment for player and companions (sadly it is not the case currently because equipment is ridiculously overpriced and it is better to wait for getting equipment from battles).
- Bost buildings, otherwise they take ages to be completed.
- Improve relationship.
- Recruit new lords if you are a ruler.
- Get new recruits and improve them (recruiting prisioners system will be changed and probably make it harder to do).
- Buy food.
- Buy horses.
- Pay for ransom prisioners (currently useless because prisioners escape in seconds).

I think that it is about finding the right numbers for a better balancing but economy makes a lot of sense to me in this game.

Pay wages.
You don't have to
Buy equipment for player and companions
Get married
Bost buildings, otherwise they take ages to be completed.
All the time in the world
Improve relationship.
beat em up let em go
Recruit new lords if you are a ruler
Yeah you do gotta pay some of them.
Get new recruits and improve them (recruiting prisioners system will be changed and probably make it harder to do).
Yep any day now they'll fix that right up
- Buy food.
nope parties drop it
Buy horses.
Parties drop em
- Pay for ransom prisioners
**** em I like the war heroes who don't get captured

What is exactly wrong with economy in this game?

From the mid-game on, there is really nothing to spend your money on. Or rather, you begin to accumulate enough money that your costs fall far behind your income. Other than the ability to purchase fiefs, there isn't an obvious and immediate way to convert wealth into other forms of power (influence, troops, better companions, etc.) so it winds up becoming an accessory and so taking time to develop an economy is generally wasteful.

Instead you can get any and all of those benefits instead from beating up bandits, mercenaries and lords.

They actually do get into fights and **** with each other. It is just in the background for the most part. The only way to see it (AFAIK) is to look at the town's encyclopedia entry, where it will sometimes say Snotnose So-and-So's party attacked Poxy Such-and-Such's Party in Common Area or something along those lines. That is what triggers the "Rival Gang Moving In" quest, from my understanding.

Now imagine if this actually took place in real time as you're walking thru a town - level of immersion just increased 100 fold. Im surprised they dont even attempt to add a little bit of this spice as it'd go a really long way

Back
Top Bottom