Beta Patch Notes e1.5.3

Users who are viewing this thread

This has happened many times before with the 0 man armies. I don't know what it is that causes this, but essentially that 0 man army is supposed to be hidden and you should not be able to make contact with it. The work around is simply to ignore the 0 man army. This often happens when loading a save that either took place right before the battle, or when an autosave is loaded after battle but before loot.

This has happened many times before with the 0 man armies. I don't know what it is that causes this, but essentially that 0 man army is supposed to be hidden and you should not be able to make contact with it. The work around is simply to ignore the 0 man army. This often happens when loading a save that either took place right before the battle, or when an autosave is loaded after battle but before loot.
Yep exactly, it’ll happen when save scumming. Best way to avoid it is the exit to the main menu and load your saves from there. Something gets funky when you load while in a game

Yep exactly, it’ll happen when save scumming. Best way to avoid it is the exit to the main menu and load your saves from there. Something gets funky when you load while in a game
Not really. I didn't do any save or load activity (unless auto-save counts). It was an easy battle.
Yeah I know it can be "workarounded", however I wanted to provide feedback to the dev team, since there is a save file which makes it possible to reproduce the crash.
I think it might be related to the fact that the initial battle was started by separate party (Ragavands party). I only joined the fight. Maybe he stuck in the battle for some time longer after I finished the battle. Basically what happened was this.

Ragavand was fast enough to cache the enemy army. He was a single party. When I reached him he was already fighting and I joined the battle. When we won the battle I was dropped into the attached screen, still seeing the enemy on the map. So I attacked again just to ensure no enemy lord escapes. I didn't know Ragavand is still fighting (or fighting again)...

Not really. I didn't do any save or load activity (unless auto-save counts). It was an easy battle.
Yeah I know it can be "workarounded", however I wanted to provide feedback to the dev team, since there is a save file which makes it possible to reproduce the crash.
I think it might be related to the fact that the initial battle was started by separate party (Ragavands party). I only joined the fight. Maybe he stuck in the battle for some time longer after I finished the battle. Basically what happened was this.

Ragavand was fast enough to cache the enemy army. He was a single party. When I reached him he was already fighting and I joined the battle. When we won the battle I was dropped into the attached screen, still seeing the enemy on the map. So I attacked again just to ensure no enemy lord escapes. I didn't know Ragavand is still fighting (or fighting again)...
Don't get me wrong you should report it as its a bug, but you've already said you reported it. Figured we might move on to some janky solutions to help people out in the mean time :wink:

Oh look another new week is here again! What new and exciting update awaits us now?
Will lords properly reproduce to continue the long game?
Will children finally get schooled?
Can I please place my troops before battle?
Will we get the ability to tell our clans mate not to raid?
Can we finally just give a guy a fief of ours because we say so?
There's so many possibilities!

Or is it a throwing perks and pig model episode? ? :party:

Oh look another new week is here again! What new and exciting update awaits us now?
Will lords properly reproduce to continue the long game?
Will children finally get schooled?
Can I please place my troops before battle?
Will we get the ability to tell our clans mate not to raid?
Can we finally just give a guy a fief of ours because we say so?
There's so many possibilities!

These are actually very important things which would make the game 100% better

Perks, perks and perks...
Whats the point in balancing until perks are not fully completed. Any new perk can dis-balance the game again.
Whats the point of children education if their perks does not work. this still shocks me:

Whats the point of children education if their perks does not work.

Being able to ride a horse and use a decent bow? Being able to level Charm and Leadership at all? Basically, not having to level them from scratch. I don't really care if they come with perks as long as they are able to lead a party out of the gate.

Perks, perks and perks...
Whats the point in balancing until perks are not fully completed. Any new perk can dis-balance the game again.
Whats the point of children education if their perks does not work. this still shocks me:

Perks are additional to the (usually) more significant passive benefits from skill progression. Skill progression still matters, even if perks aren't completed. And two thirds of perk trees are now more implemented than not.

Even if it was autosave, the autosave feature should be designed in such a way that it doesn't cause the game to lag. It should be able to run in the background with little notice to the player. Plenty of game devs have accomplished this. If there is any lag at all, it should be but a fraction of a second, not the delay we're getting now.

Back
Top Bottom