Beta Patch Notes e1.5.3

Users who are viewing this thread

Something odd happening with town notables power.

I'm currently on day 592 - reached clan 4 10-15 days ago, hold one castle and not yet formed a kingdom. I've spent most of my time in Battanian territory doing quests, bandits, etc - with a quick conflict with Vlandia to take Nevyansk castle and immediate peace.

The town I've visited most is Seonon - done plenty of quests for notables (poachers, caravan ambush, etc). I noticed earlier in the game that the notables were only offering volunteers in all recruitment slots, despite being 'influential' or 'powerful'.

Looking back at an old save - day 270:

Artisan (I ignore his quests) - relation 0, power 14, doesn't offer troops for recruitment.
Merchant (doesn't own anything) - relation 89, power 157 Influential, volunteers only
Merchant (wood workshop) - relation 81, power 855 Powerful, volunteers only
Merchant (linen weavery) - relation 95, power 156 Influential, volunteers only
Gang Leader (ignore her quests; wood workshop, 4 urban areas) - relation 0, power 192 Influential, volunteers and one clan warrior.

I think the power numbers of the artisan and merchants 1 & 3 had already started falling here - I recall them being powerful earlier in the game and still only offering volunteers, but don't seem to have a save around the right time.

Day 592:

Artisan (I ignore his quests) - relation 0, power -121, doesn't offer troops for recruitment.
Merchant (doesn't own anything) - relation 100, power -25 Regular, volunteers only
Merchant (wood workshop) - relation 100, power 1312 Powerful, volunteers only
Merchant (linen weavery) - relation 100, power -5 Regular, volunteers only
Gang Leader (ignore her quests; wood workshop, wine press, 4 urban areas) - relation 0, power 239 Influential, last slot is empty, others are volunteers.

Looks like power figures are shaped much more by prosperity/income/ownership than the player completing quests for given individuals? But even the very powerful merchant 2 is only providing volunteers. Town prosperity described in game as 'average wealth', 2484. And the gang leader is close to forming a monopoly on town ownership...

Thinking about it, the high relations are probably largely the result of doing caravan ambush quests for merchant 2 - which awards relations with all merchants; so maybe I haven't done many quests for 1/3. I have done some though, quite a few poacher quests for merchant 1 in particular.

Negative power town notables don't seem to be getting replaced, either.

Last edited:

I'm currently on day 592 - reached clan 4 10-15 days ago, hold one castle and not yet formed a kingdom. I've spent most of my time in Battanian territory doing quests, bandits, etc - with a quick conflict with Vlandia to take Nevyansk castle and immediate peace.

The town I've visited most is Seonon - done plenty of quests for notables (poachers, caravan ambush, etc). I noticed earlier in the game that the notables were only offering volunteers in all recruitment slots, despite being 'influential' or 'powerful'.

Artisan (I ignore his quests) - relation 0, power 14, doesn't offer troops for recruitment.
Merchant (doesn't own anything) - relation 89, power 157 Influential, volunteers only
Gang Leader (ignore her quests; wood workshop, 4 urban areas) - relation 0, power 192 Influential, volunteers and one clan warrior.

I think the power numbers of the artisan and merchants 1 & 3 had already started falling here - I recall them being powerful earlier in the game and still only offering volunteers, but don't seem to have a save around the right time.

Day 592:

Artisan (I ignore his quests) - relation 0, power -121, doesn't offer troops for recruitment.
Merchant (doesn't own anything) - relation 100, power -25 Regular, volunteers only
Gang Leader (ignore her quests; wood workshop, wine press, 4 urban areas) - relation 0, power 239 Influential, last slot is empty, others are volunteers.

Looks like power figures are shaped much more by prosperity/income/ownership than the player completing quests for given individuals? But even the very powerful merchant 2 is only providing volunteers. Town prosperity described in game as 'average wealth', 2484. And the gang leader is close to forming a monopoly on town ownership...

Thinking about it, the high relations are probably largely the result of doing caravan ambush quests for merchant 2 - which awards relations with all merchants; so maybe I haven't done many quests for 1/3. I have done some though, quite a few poacher quests for merchant 1 in particular.

AFAIK there are no noble troops available from towns anymore.

AFAIK there are no noble troops available from towns anymore.
I'm not talking about noble troops - anything other than T1 volunteers. Just done a quick circuit of Battanian towns and with one exception, the only notables with anything other than T1 volunteers are the gang leaders. Gang leaders with negative power have T1/T2/T3 troops, while powerful merchants only have volunteers available, regardless of town prosperity. Something isn't right.

Doesn't the level of the available troops depend on the time that they are available? If I remember correctly every troop has a chance each day to advance a level if they are not recruited. Usually level one troops from powerful nobles have the chance to advance to the noble line.

Doesn't the level of the available troops depend on the time that they are available? If I remember correctly every troop has a chance each day to advance a level if they are not recruited. Usually level one troops from powerful nobles have the chance to advance to the noble line.
I've been hanging around Seonon forever including inevitably when Battanian lords are all off to war and not recruiting at home (they've done very well); the merchants there have never offered anything other than volunteers, regardless of their power numbers, or how long they go unrecruited.

Anyway - the point wasn't particularly about the troops on offer (though that is a factor in the oddness), but that the town I've focused on more than any other has two merchants at 100 relations and negative power; one of those two, at least, I've done every quest that I've seen him have available (as well as the third, who has huge power but still only volunteers). Something else is reducing his power, at least. Selling too many crafted weapons in one place distorting the local economy (modest maces and swords, mostly)?

Day 592:

Negative power town notables don't seem to be getting replaced, either.
If the notable has high enough prosperity, the recruits will evolve so long as they are not recruited. If you keep recruiting them really fast, you'll keep just getting more recruits. If you want better units you have to wait. The problem with that is someone else might recruit the recruits before they evolve. However, if you have high enough relation with those in the city, there should be some spots that others can't access and you can wait for those spots to evolve the troops. It doesn't seem to me like relation affects the way the troops evolve, only how many slots you can recruit from. The evolution of troops is all about how long they sit before being recruited.

Yea I got a new patch too. It didn't seem to DL hardly anything at all. Must be a very small fix. Maybe the version number?

If the notable has high enough prosperity, the recruits will evolve so long as they are not recruited. If you keep recruiting them really fast, you'll keep just getting more recruits. If you want better units you have to wait. The problem with that is someone else might recruit the recruits before they evolve. However, if you have high enough relation with those in the city, there should be some spots that others can't access and you can wait for those spots to evolve the troops. It doesn't seem to me like relation affects the way the troops evolve, only how many slots you can recruit from. The evolution of troops is all about how long they sit before being recruited.
Definitely wasn't me recruiting them - I've played very cautiously picking on bandits and (at the point of that post) had only fought one battle and one siege against a faction - so I was able to recruit higher tier troops sparingly from villages and recruit from prisoners. Possible of course that some Battanian lords were recruiting more frequently than I thought - and I suppose it is the closest town to Sturgia/Northern Empire where they've fought a fair bit.

Anyway again, the point wasn't so much the troop recruitment, as the odd low power/negative power of at least one notable I've done several quests for. - and that notables with negative power don't seem to be getting removed/replaced. Granted, the relation is inflated by the caravan ambush quest boosting relations with all merchants in a town, but I expect I'd done 5 or 6 poacher quests for that merchant. Looking around the towns in Battania, several merchants are struggling for power and losing workshops, while gang leaders (who I almost never do quests for) are doing very well. Must be a mechanic I'm missing, somewhere.

Last edited:
It would be good to know what it is though. I already applied all patches from last week, yet I see a new one now.
Maybe it's due to downgrade to 1.5.2..?
Oh, I see now. It's again the bad versioning, i.e. 1.5.3 appeared as 1.5.1... I can see in my save files.

Does anyone else think the troop costs in 1.5.3 (or troop costs in recent patches) is far too much? I have a party of 19 and it costs me 202 a day. I can barely make that trading. There's no way I can keep that up if I'm fighting and I'd need a lot more men to do that.

Yes, lots of Heavy Horse Archers but still. This is FAR too much. I remember when an Army of 200 would cost me 500 gold now less than 20 men cost me half that!
there is way too much money in the game
im a tier 3 clan ... and literally swimming in money

Edit: please if my wife is pregnant , let here stay back with the supply train and do not sent her into battle

1.5.3 BUGS:

-Throwing axes have invalid damage type
-Sturgian Druzhinnk and Sturgian Druzhinnk Champion have bugged horse armor
-Batannia Warlord gauntlets texture is glitched

I want to play a Sturgian character but waiting for these things to get addressed hopefully at some point.

Last edited:
Addas (aserai) declaired vengeance on Tais (aserai). I saw this message in the wiki for the first time. Anyone seen this before? Known consequences?
Cant see an obvious reason for vengeance and Tais conciders him as friend. He is not marked as enemy on Addas page but also not as friend.

Back
Top Bottom