Beta Patch Notes e1.5.3

Users who are viewing this thread

His posts were here:
Thanks for finding this.

I would buy this sentence if bold parts were true.
Stability, performance, and missing mechanics and features. Banners are something that look pretty but don't currently affect gameplay, so for us, that is low-priority

It's also weird to see that Bannerlord Community Manager thinks banners "look pretty but not a feature".
I'm not saying drop everything and focus on banners only - but attitude is strange.

I guess this list can go like "Sieges are cool but low priority" , "More battle scenes are a nice but low priority" - "Barbers? Oh man, we should add this. It's affecting gameplay very drastically"

Thanks for finding this.

It's also weird to see that Bannerlord Community Manager thinks banners "look pretty but not a feature".
I'm not saying drop everything and focus on banners only - but attitude is strange.

I guess this list can go like "Sieges are cool but low priority" , "More battle scenes are a nice but low priority" - "Barbers? Oh man, we should add this. It's affecting gameplay very drastically"
Lol, I completely forgot about them adding barbers before banners. wow I can forgive them for adding cheering before banners due to how easy it would be to add but barbers? c'mon now. How often do people actually use this feature? maybe once to check it out after it was added?

Moreover, can we all agree that banners are one of the most epic things about battles? but no we got Billy the barber instead. Noice.

1...2...3..here comes the knights of TW saying they go to the barbers every time they enter a town. Stop, you know banners should be higher in the priority list than barbers, please stop.

Last edited:
During Gamescom stream they said that they are thinking about implementing it after adding captain and battle of the order mechanics first so banners probably will work in conjunction with these mechanics.

Why am I even surprised? of course you would say no

I said one of...and you come out and say no? so banners are not great? that's next level denial.

I'll see my self out before I get another warning.

Last edited:
Well, as it turns out, there appears to be a bug with it that makes a huge impact. The if statement that checks for all of those conditions does not exclude npc lords, but the method that it calls to apply the trait xp specifically grants it to the player. So every lord with 20+ troops who keeps their party above 90 morale will earn the player 20 generosity xp every 10 days. The player will get 1000+ xp for that trait every 10 days, lol.

Would you like a job at TW? We'll pay you.

He said they don't affect gameplay. And they don't.
In that thread someone asks " What is high priority? " and he says " Stability, performance, and missing mechanics and features. " meaning that banners is not considered as feature - because some modders are holding the fort for them already - which they shouldn't.

They're just a fluff thing for me, same as the barber they added. You won't see me raving about either one.
Let's stop burying our heads under the sand. It's clear that banners are not a game-breaking feature but it's weird to see that it's not considered as a feature or even given enough priority - although it's literally the title of the game. I won't even go into fact that this "nice" thing is actually included in nearly every single promotion image in Steam page as well.

And I think it definitely affects gameplay more than barbers, or let's pick some other changes from latest changelogs.
"Removed old sheep model. Added new sheep model and animations." - Yeah. Sounds like a great change towards immersive battle experience
"Added new workshop wall scene props." - Another change that will contribute the immersiveness of Sheep&Blade: Walllord

This aside, I would be perfectly fine if they had enough improvement on very crucial parts of the game - Sieges and Battles/Battle Scenes. Sieges are nothing but messy 3D collider smash and PC benchmarking scene. Battles are simply Custom Battle mod with campaign data in it ( troop counts etc ) When people talk about the things they see and don't like doesn't necessarily mean they are raving about something.

Thanks for finding this.

Wow, way to misquote me there eh... I said banners are low priority because in their previous iteration they were purely visual and didn't have any effect on gameplay.

Wow, way to misquote me there eh... I said banners are low priority because in their previous iteration they were purely visual and didn't have any effect on gameplay.
I explained what I understood in the previous post - so no direct misquote, and latest updates also make me think in that way as well.

I do get your point of view regarding banners being visual low-priority items but what about old sheep models? Barbers? Wall scene props? I'm aware the fact that you are not choosing these features/improvements to team's backlogs as Community Manager, but still, the fact that putting banners to roadmap as low priority item in Bannerlord even though it's advertised in Steam page as if it's already in the game is weird for me.

" I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." Don't waste too much energy with pointless discussions and the rabble Callum. You got bigger fish to fry.

I had briefly talked about this during the GC streams - Banners are currently intended to tie into another feature that remains work in progress. Sheep, barbers and wall scene props don't and only require work by artists. When something is done, we release it.

Having said that, we are happy to raise the interest in banners internally - it may just come back to the same decision as before.

I explained what I understood in the previous post - so no direct misquote, and latest updates also make me think in that way as well.

I do get your point of view regarding banners being visual low-priority items but what about old sheep models? Barbers? Wall scene props? I'm aware the fact that you are not choosing these features/improvements to team's backlogs as Community Manager, but still, the fact that putting banners to roadmap as low priority item in Bannerlord even though it's advertised in Steam page as if it's already in the game is weird for me.

So.. based on your thinking, some small finished works must never goes live. Because there are other works.

Weird...

Since I have a bit time I will reply all of this, including Nalgasomethings unnecessary post.
Don't waste too much energy with pointless discussions and the rabble Callum.
Thanks for your pointless contribution to the forum thread with this post. We appreciate it. Nice try with flaming back there by the way

I had briefly talked about this during the GC streams - Banners are currently intended to tie into another feature that remains work in progress. Sheep, barbers and wall scene props don't and only require work by artists. When something is done, we release it.
Having said that, we are happy to raise the interest in banners internally - it may just come back to the same decision as before.
Not all of us can watch and get every bit of information about the game - thanks for pointing this out though I will try to check it ( I'm not being sarcastic )
I'm pointing the fact that banners are in the old videos and in Steam page. So for months, it's advertised in that way. Banner mods are also among one of the most downloaded mods. So it's clear that it's a feature(or whatever the terminology you choose) that people are expecting.
I think if you raise this fact in the internal discussion some people might take the hint. If banners are causing extreme performance issues for some reason, it would be better to explain it in that way rather than saying "its purely visual so we don't put effort on it"
Would I prefer more battle scenes or procedural terrain over banners? Yeah.
Would I prefer proper siege battles over banners? Yeah
Would I prefer better battle tactics over banners? Yeah.
But it appears that these all taking quite a lot of time to implement or fix. So if TW adds some obviously needed things in the base game, we can at least free ourselves from the dependence of unknown sources/mods.

So, based on your thinking, some small finished works must never goes live. Because there are other works.
Is this really what you got from that post? If so, read again, you will realize that it's not the point. Banner mods are up since the day -10 ( yes, it was there before EA ) So it's not rocket science. I don't get the fuss about this and why some people trying to defend this choice like they are in some hidden f-banners cult

Naw just focus on those other features first they are much more impactful, I agree with your original decision.

I don't get the fuss about this and why some people trying to defend this choice like they are in some hidden f-banners cult

What fuss? I shared a different opinion.

Naw just focus on those other features first they are much more impactful, I agree with your original decision.

Yeah, cavalry morale was still busted when I played this patch. I already see a bug report about it, but I'm thinking maybe I should put up another since it has been literally months without word.

Back
Top Bottom