Beta Patch Notes e1.5.2

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't actually want one, but they need some place to put "reports" that are actually just suggestions and not real reports. They muddy up the water for the actual reports that end up getting missed. I'd say just delete them but that would piss people off, so I suggested moving them to another spot.
True, ideally they are just moved to the existing suggestion board.

I just wasted my money for an unfinshied product. That`s the risk of EA. But Bannerlord is one of the worst EA games I´ve ever bought, because I
´m stupid.

Also, what progression? Perks? Siege AI (ladders)?....Should we talk about the broken economy?

This alpha was released 6 months ago and still the AI can´t use the siege ladders...your argument? But of course, TW is aware of it!

Even if I don´t know how developemnt works, I don`t have too, you know I´m a customer...I also don´t know how my car works, but I can drive it.
Did you ever buy an EA car?

It would be great if all the bug reports were on that board but well, following these patch topics is like hunting for treasures. :razz: You have to have some fun!
Reading the balancing board is a lot of fun. I can understand immediately why there's so many "unsolved" threads though. Many post are actually game play help questions, many are just vague declarations of 'no-like' about something. Then there's legit concerns/bugs but the poster just didn't respond to being asked for more info or .sav.

I think the board is completely fine the way it is right now, except for the fact it is seemingly ignored (just going off the tags on some of the actual bug reports). I just want to make sure its not the place you throw the trash and don't look for the actual bug reports.
I know Signalize said he and his team check that board almost daily, which is why I decided to post the tannery issue there. I figured he would see it even if it was not passed along by community support.

I am working as a game designer. I mainly work on game balance, quest design, and upcoming features/content. I do check a daily balancing Issues forums every morning, the best way to reach me or my fellow employees would be writing through there. Of course I am still watching pm's and mentions.

Last edited:
I know Signalize said he and his team checks that board almost daily, which is why I decided to post the tannery issue there. I figured he would see it even if it was not passed along by community support.
That's good to know and my misunderstanding of the purpose of BI, thanks for pointing it out I didn't know. It just stands out compared to the others with the tags and I've seen threads dumped there with no further response which again compared to the others is not typical (which is a great thing for the other sections, CS is doing an amazing job). Your reports are of the highest quality and they need to be noticed as long as they remain that way (as do all that are of that quality). If the dev team doesn't have you followed they need to get on it. Also give this man the bug smasher badge if you haven't already.

Last edited:
That's good to know and my misunderstand of the purpose of BI, thanks for pointing it out I didn't know. It just stands out compared to the others with the tags and I've seen threads dumped there with no further response which again compared to the others is not typical (which is a great thing for the other sections, CS is doing an amazing job).
Yep! I think even if they don't always make it known, the devs quietly keep an eye on the important boards.
Your reports are of the highest quality and they need to be noticed as long as they remain that way (as do all that are of that quality). If the dev team doesn't have you followed they need to get on it. Also give this man the bug smasher badge if you haven't already.
Thanks haha. No badge, but someone did bestow a cool title upon me the other day, which is even better in my book.

noone has said youi are stupid in any way and yes there are things missing but unless you havent bought EA titles beofre this isnt the worst
It's pretty close, considering the quality of game and the standard we are holding Taleworlds to, and the fact that it's been in production for years before EA. But maybe that's the issue - maybe we should just lower our expectations, and ignore the process for a year or so. Hopefully by then, we'll get a finished product.

For god´s sake.

In my country cars needs to be safe and tested before they can drive on any road.

Cars are not a video game. Let´s pray that TW will never develope any car! :wink:
You brought up cars (inevitably, as someone always does when complaining about a video game). Ironically, to argue how you don't need to know how to code (or maintain a car) to play (drive) and have a view on how it should play (drive) without actually knowing how it's designed. I wondered if you'd ever bought a car before it was finished. And then complained endlessly that it wasn't finished. Obviously not. So an inadequate analogy is even more inadequate with EA.

Last edited:
And then complained endlessly that it wasn't finished.
They never learn (c).
How many of you are there? The ones who accuse anyone, who's criticising THE WAY OF THE GAME'S DEVELOPMENT, of complaining that the game is not finished.

I've more time - NO ONE complains here that the game isn't finished, we understand that the game is still being developed, we provide criticism on the way it is being developed. For example, adding working perks isn't a big deal for people who know how to code, but TW is a special case, it seems. They add a bunch of placeholders (without mentioning it anywhere), than, after half a year, they start sloooowly implementing those perks, and guess what - half of them are still a stupid placeholders, and another half works 50/50. Brilliant.

From an MP standpoint, I'm mainly just angry that there's less maps in rotation since launch and the balance has been royally ****ed since the "big MP patch". I know there's new skirmish maps but that doesn't affect a large portion of the playerbase that don't get matchmaking servers.

They never learn (c).
How many of you are there? The ones who accuse anyone, who's criticising THE WAY OF THE GAME'S DEVELOPMENT, of complaining that the game is not finished.
I'm not accusing 'anyone' of complaints about the pace of development. I'm taking the P out of a 'if this were a car' analogy, from a particularly negative poster, which have been useless analogies for the entire history of computer game development, and are even worse in the case of Early Access. What's an early access car look like? Nothing. It's a blueprint.

I have 1.5.2 beta and this is not working: I have no party number icons when I start the game from the training field? Seriously? I have no mods and have verified integrity of game files?

• Fixed an issue that caused party icons to disappear after exiting a settlement.
Not just the training field; seems like it might be 'the first location you leave in a new or loaded game, after running the application', or similar.

Whoever it may concern this is an interesting post from Christopher Evans concerning the developer and player communication in the still unfinished Star Citizen game.
This is a really interesting thread to read, if you include the op and first reply.
It exemplifies to me the heart of a communication problem for most game companies. Inluding Christopher here although he doesnt realise it.
Because in his second reply (the one you linked) he adds something to his communication which he actually didnt do in the first reply.

In the first reply he justifies certain delays due to the scope of the systems that are planned. Why certain things cant be hastly implemented at the cost of better more interesting features that align with the developers vision.

In the second reply he justifies certain delays due to the necessary order of development. How certain things need be developed before others can be worked on. For the sake of dependencies or effeciency.

The first reply is defending the developers vision

The second reply is justifying to the community the path taken to achieve that vision.

The difference in these two replies mirrors the difference between a list of expected features that amounts to a vision for develpment and a roadmap, though players and developers often confuse the two heavily.

As an analogy
Going to the airport is my envisioned destination.
My road map of how to get there is to take a train into the city, and the shuttle bus to the airport. My reasoning being it is by far cheapest option and quicker than a taxi due to traffic.

If someone ultimately disagrees with your vision of the game no amount of communication will fix that. Dont let the people who dont want to go to the airport distract you from informing the others of how you plan to get there. If you want them to come along.

Roadmaps are useful because they build faith, if you can see why certain features are delayed and others put forward.
You dont speculate that the developers vision for development has changed. (the catastrophic example being taking your money and running)
Just the order in which that vision is developing has.

Perks as an example, roguery perks arent in the game because the crime system is yet to be in the requisite place. I can surmise that because I have an enormous brain, but that hasnt been communicated in a single accessible spot such as a roadmap. So people worry and speculate "are taleworld too dumb to make perks?" "is the perk system something they intend to abandon?"

Not saying its easy, that these targets dont move, or that every players with enormous expectations would suddenly be satisfied by delayed, or in their minds underwhelming content. But I think it can lead to far more productive forum use, and a community that is increasingly an asset to your game development, you just need to set conditions for harvesting season.

Back
Top Bottom